Time travel = reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Time travel is the ultimate loophole to go back and rework/reboot/revise storylines, as the latest STAR TREK and MEN IN BLACK 3 have proven. Do you think it could/should be used in the next TFilm? A possible appearance by the Guardian of Time Vector Prime?

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm... Maybe.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No it isn't work with a Reboot,and plus Vector Prime is dead in the Movieverse.

4. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Did you perhaps miss the words *Time Travel*? Meaning possibly seeing ancient characters from the past before the first movie was even created?

5. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

No

6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No time travel. And Bay wouldn't like it either since he said even though TF4 will go into space, it won't last long because he doesn't want to get too sci-fi. Time travel is heavy duty sci-fi.

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    What would be the point in doing a full reboot, when it's only been 5 years, since the first one came out? Can we just let the Bay-movie-verse die? Then give it 7 years from DOTM's release, to make a new movie franchise?

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I caught this as a storytelling loophole they could use later in the franchise when I saw Sentinel's revival scene for the first time. He describes the space bridge by saying "it defies your laws of physics to transport matter through time and space."

Optimus and company need a reason to go back in time. Dead Decepticons = not dead any more. Alternate timeline.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

To be honest if my geeky prayers are ever answered and we do get a reboot I'd rather see something like the change from the Tim Burton Batman movies to the Christopher Nolan Batman movies than to see some gimmick used to just rehash a stale Bay franchise.

Since Spiderman has managed to do well at theaters with a quick reboot I don't it's out of the question that the general public could latch on to a Transformers reboot without having to let the franchise sit for a decade.

Ha ha, of course the live action franchise sitting for a decade would mean a decade where I didn't have to deal with the crushing disappoint of movie toys keeping better stuff off the shelves.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You know what else is a way to reboot the movies? Rebooting the movies. You know what's not going to happen in the foreseeable future? Rebooting the movies.