Time to start getting some KOs... any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Man oh man, I'm FINALLY like 2 figures away from completing my past classics wants (anyone with Suntreaker and Jetfire hit me up!). Like, on a random streak of luck, I found Silverstreak, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Mirage... all from different people, but all getting here Monday!

Anyways, it's weird looking at the shelves and being like, "Wow... I'm good..." with a line, but this being plastic crack and all, I'm looking at what's next.

I'm really looking at KOs, in particular, the rainmaker seekers.

Now, I've read some things about stuff like CHMS and all of that, but if anyone could help me out and give me the skinny on different kinds and qualities of these molds, I'd appreciate it. Also, if there are any "must haves" for KOs, definitely toss some suggestions my way as well!

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

The KO Shattered Glass Prime is an awesome Tf. It's from KOLD series. Great paint, high quality plastic, and super tight joints. Plus, I just never get tried of that mold. Talk to Daelite, he's the man when it comes to KOs. Sells them at good prices.

3. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

How much is that? Rather tempted myself.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Do NOT get the KO V1 seekers. They are okay, but they are freaking loose like crazy. Their guns will fall if you look at them funny.

However, V2, ones with CHSM labeled on the package, those are awesome. I purchased their Sunstorm and I love it!

I'm considering selling my V1's and replacing them with V2 CHSM's.

So make sure you look for either V2 in the description, or CHSM and KOTOYS is a good place to buy. At least, I've never had a problem with them.

5. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, as for the CHMS rainmakers (which is about all I can post about), here's a thread I posted on:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/374204-cmhs-rainmakers-3.html

If you order the CHMS rainmakers now, you'll get version 2 as described in that thread. Overall, I like em. They're not bad.

Plastic quality: I'd give it a 8/10 if you're comparing it to Hasbro/Takara Tomy versions. I don't know how to describe it, but its not a bad quality....but somehow I feel its not quite up there in comparison. All the KO seekers I have are about the same quality between them.

If you get the chromed seekers (black chrome, silver chrome and gold chromed), I will have to say that the chromed stuff tends to make the joints REAL tight/stiff. Unlike the chromed seekers, the KO'd seekers I have tend to have loose hip joints if not wrist joints. Posing them is not as easy as it would be with the actual Hasbro/Takara Tomy seekers. Other than that, I've had varying experiences as to which joints were loose and which joints weren't. Again, I'm sure that's all fixable.

Paint quality: Eh.....not as well painted as the Hasbro/Takara Tomy versions. I read somewhere (was it here?) that the stripes and other deco (to include the eyes) seems the Hasbro ones are "tampographed" whereas the CHMS ones seem "spray painted". If you're not that picky about that kinda thing, then I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm getting in the all clear seeker in soon....but I've read reviews on that stating that the plastic isn't that durable and meant only as a display piece (so if you do get those too, don't transform them a lot). Like the chromed seekers, you can get the all clear one with or without decepticon symbols.

That's all I got for now. If you have any other questions.....let me know :) 

Oh and BTW, some of the KO seekers are coming with the "Takara Tomy" sign on the upper right hand corner of the card. Its supposed to say CHMS......but....as for the last order I received, that's what it said (Takara Tomy). Although I think if you order their henkei KOs (starscream, skywarp, thundercracker), it may (or should) still say CHMS on them.

6. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

don't know if you like WSTs,TJ, but Ultra Magnus with his trailer is a must. Incredible quality from Heerotoysmaker,or whatever they're called these days. On the subject of WSTs,you HAVE to arm one of your Brutici with a Shockwave!

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Wow... this board is bleeping nuts: Within two minutes of making this thread, someone sold me a Sunstreaker, so scratch THAT one off the list.

Dans: I hear that WST literally become an addiction of their own, and I'd see the Shockwave pic with one holding it! Do you have any other info of prices and/or links to buy?

And thanks guys, especially Dark Seeker... exactly the info I was needing.

8. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No problem! Anything I can do to help. I'll probably do my own pictorial review on the clear seekers once I get em.