Time for Star Wars Micro Machines Revival?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Metroplex79, May 23, 2010.

1. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Well, is it?

In the mid 90s during the original trilogy's remastered and special edition era, we got loads of cool little ships for a cheap price. After Episode I, the line just died.

Since then we've gotten Episode II and III, the pre-Episode III Clone Wars cartoon mini-series, the current Clone Wars series, Knights of the Old Republic comics, new Expanded Universe comics, and the Legacy comics.

Assuming they go back to the old 3-ship packs, there's an easy 15 sets to be produced. Like the later series 3 packs and Titanium series, certain sets/ships can also be repaints.

I'm ignoring the playsets, but I'm sure Hasbro would make them if these sets sell very well.

Sample sets:
    1. V-19 Torrent starfighter, LAAT gunships, V-wing
    2. "Malevolence", Separatist Destroyer, "Invisible Hand"
    3. Jango's Slave I, Boba's Slave I, Boba's Slave II (or III)
    4. SPHA tank, AT-TE tank, AT-RT
    5. BTL-B Y-wing, Hailfire Droid, OG-9 homing spider droid

What do you think?
    How can we suggest this to Hasbro?
    or is this a dumb idea?

2. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I think Hasbro canceling the Titanium line answers this question.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Geof7609 hit it on the head,Hasbro cancelled the Titanium line,which was in essence the "new" Micro Machines,hell the 6 inch Titanium X-Wing and Vader's Tie Fighter were just the Action Fleet versions done in diecast with some slight remolding to remove the cockpit and add in the screw holes for the display bases.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    quick question. how did this wind up in GD to begin with, when the Toys forum is right below it?

(i am doing sociology research.)

and to answer your question...

Not saying much, but that is from the Micro Machines Wikipedia page.

so unless Hasbro changes their mind, it is a dead toy line.

5. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Well, I was doing multiple things on multiple windows, I guess 2 of the other windows must have caused lag, so when I clicked The Toyark link, the rest of TFW2005 page wasn't finished loading yet, and it registered my "click" after the page shifted down a bit.

I didn't double check if I was in the right forum, because visually I knew I clicked the right link, and when I switched back to TFW2005;s window, I automatically clicked NEW THREAD.

It happens a lot when I'm doing other stuff as well...I'm using an old computer that I got in 2000, running Win98 with 448M RAM. :thumbs2: 

So I apologize.

Anyways, yes, I know it's a dead line, that's why I was asking if anybody would like to see this line come back again. Could it be a worthwhile venture for Hasbro to bring it back? Especially since the old sets were based only on 4 movies and 1 novel. I'm a fan of the series, and was hoping there are others here too.

Nothing against the Titanium line, I have a quite a few myself. But once I filled up a box, it was quite heavy, unlike my box of Micro Machine ships, it was much lighter.

PS. I would also like to have ships based from the Legacy comic line.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I think it's time for Micro Machines in general to be revived. I loved those things as a kid.

7. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I think it's time for Micro Machines in general to be revived. I loved those things as a kid.

8. Switchblade

News Credits:

9. Switchblade

News Credits: