Time Crisis 4!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TonyzCustomz, Nov 20, 2007.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is anyone getting it? I think I am going to repaint and seal the controllers so they are not so ugly.

2. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Does the new GunCon work w/ LCD tvs or is it obsolete like all of the other old school light guns?

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From what I read yes it will work with LCD tvs as well as the CRT.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    because it uses the same pointing method as the Wii remote.

so what you physically point at on screen with the gun is not what you'll be pointing at in the game.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

it would have some kind of calibration surely. otherwise it would suck hard.

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually have it sitting right here next to me on my desk at work.

The gun still has a sensor in the barrel, and it comes with the two LED "things" that go on the corners of the TV. From all the reviews I've read, the guncon is accurate. However I can't use the ps3 in our lab to test it, as I'd have to explain wth I'm using a guncon for, and I'm not down for that 20 minute discussion.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, so there's a 3 point calibration when you start, or you can do a 5 point calibration. The guncon 3 is about as accurate as any other guncon I've ever used, so that's fine.

The game itself is pretty much perfect in comparison to the arcade, the "FPS" levels suck balls and make the game's dated graphics look worse(they become a lot more obvious due to how slow that mode is). There's also a number of target shooting game type of levels. You know, the shoopt 15 targets in 15 seconds type of thing. About 12 or so unlocked right off the bat that I noticed, nothing special there.

8. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I just wish it(guncon 3) would work w/ PS2 games.

9. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

I got Time Crisis 4 and honestly I don't know if it's worth it at this point.

Granted, it's cheap on Amazon (or was, anyway). But I'm not happy with the ugly LED bondage straps on my TV, nor do I think the gun is great.

The extra directional controls are necessary for the FPS mode, but why couldn't they put some rubber grips on either of the analog sticks? I feel they learned nothing from the Gamecube's horrendous "C-stick".

I also wonder if there will be enough light gun support for PS3 to justify the expense, because TC4 is not knock-your-socks-off good. It's "fun" but graphics are meh, gameplay is ok... so when does House of the Dead 4 and Virtua Cop 3 (among others) come out??? :redface2: 

Same here.

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I personally have enjoyed TC4. I knew I was getting the funky controller, I knew about the weird LED sensors, and the odd FPS controls, and I havn't minded any of it. I've almost grown fond of the FPS segments too.

For 50 bucks, if you like these kinds of games, I think it's a good deal.

11. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

By all means. It all comes down to personal enjoyment of the genre and cost vs anticipated value/replayability.