Till all are one? Fat chance!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Silver Bullit, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

I participated much less in many of the threads in TF forums.
    I gat really sick and tired of the infighting over this stupid movie.

I thought that a little time, and things would settle.

Nope.

There is still demonization and insults being thrown around. I just left a thread where it was "this movie will suck because a 7 year old girl didn't like Prime" vs. "this movie will rock because a 7 year old DID like Prime".

Crap, is that the best we can do? We ever argue around little kids? Man, it even went so deep as pre-conditioning kids to G1, sociology, anthropology, nostalgia goggles, better parenting.... sheesh!

Why is it so fu*king hard to realize that people will like whatever they like, and others wont? Is that so fu*king hard? Or do we have to keep hitting each other over the head with a Michael Bay doll?

Movie dissers: at least be willing to give it a try.
    Movie religious zealots: quit being so mean spirited and uncivilized.

To individual minded folk: why do we still care despite the venom from both rabid fanboi sides?

SB

2. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

meh im so full of fan boy wankishness imma go 100 miles to see the movie, regardless of if it blows or not, and shell out 20 bucks to own the dvd when its released, all the arguing matters to me not.......

read it before and ill say it again... i cant believe fans of giant transforming robots are not accepting of change

you know kids of today, yes kids....they dont like the same things we did as kids... they want the neat lil robots.....well giant ones... i dont care if the if the movie goes either way, im happy they are doing it, its the toys i dont want to suck.... i mean come on have we had a decent cartoon series,well i liked cybertron, and some others share my oppinion, some dont, but it all boils down to that oppinion.
    So what the movies truely going to be about the merchendise i believe, so its a 2 hour or whatever movie to sell me stuff...they win...coulda just offered me pretties and i woulda taken it!!!!!

Again im happy that they are making it, coz they didnt have too....

Sorry n stuff i dont usually rant and rave n stuff but yeah i kinda have an opinion and it kinda ticks me off... not that it matters to anyone but me or should matter.
    just gets me coz most of it is speculation, and "leaked" stuffs, none of us but Bay are sure what its going to be like or about. And sometimes i wonder if hes sure.

i apologize again

Mikey

3. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

And I can't believe that some people are so absorbed about what the other person is thinking, and has to make sure that they are thinking the *correct* thing.

SB

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I steer clear of the movie forum. Partly because I don't want to be spoiled too much before the movie and partly because it is a waste of my time to read the bickering threads that seem to show up there.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's quite simple for me: I don't care what other people's opinions are on the movie. I'm no longer even slightly interested in them. I've seen too many jackasses insulting people on the other side and ignoring each other's actual points to give a toss about either of them any more.
    I'll go see the movie; if it's good, I'll like it. If it's crap, I'll hate it.
    But it will be my opinion.

6. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

and yeah i agree with the last 2 posts as well ..... i havnt looked at a movie fprum, and the name of thisone tricked me as well.... imma make my own oppioion
    that is all

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The only time I really have issue with those that dislike the movie are when they say that they want the movie to fail, or wish bad things to happen to the people making it. People just take these things far too seriously.

8. Supreme Prime

Supreme Prime Supreme Cosmic Being

Silver Bullit, BowB4Prime, planetjacker, Draven, and Gryph AMEN. I hate the movie forum, I should try to avoid it. People are takeing this movie thing far too seriously.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I just avoid the movie forum. That way lies nothing but madness.

10. botfinder

botfinder Member

The movie looks new and original, and change can sometimes be a good thing. I'll have a deeper opinion after its released.

11. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Dude, American politics has NOTHING to do with ANY of this. :sly: 

Lol, isn't this the type of post that Silver Bullit is talking about? Why continue to be so condecening when that is the primary issue in regards to people interacting on the Transfan sites?

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    There is a point where you just go "Eh, forget it," turn off the computer and walk away. I have to remind myself about this as well, occasionally, because I know and recognize that I've gotten into pretty retarded nerdgasm pissfests about nearly nothing on this board more than a few times.

You can also calmly remind yourself: People are fucking retarded. Not you (whomever's reading,) and not just the transformer fandom in total, and not just the regular TFW2005 posters, but everyone - EVERYONE - suffers from fucking retardation every once and a while.

13. Dio

Dio Scrapper

The actual quotes were:

"the new movie doesnt have a clear sense of what it is doing" (based on the opinions of a few children)
    vs
    "Extremism and a lack of tact is the problem here, not unfavorable movie opinions."

At no point was it ever concluded that the movie "will rock" because of the opinion of a 7 year old, it was simply offered as evidence that the designs are seeing some positive response among their target audience. People mentioning their kids liking the new designs never once stated a concrete, conclusive determination of how the movie's gonna be.

Again, I say this: Moderation vs Extremism is the issue here, not favorable vs unfavorable opinions. When a fan is extremely angry, and when that anger turns into offensive, vulgar, or even sometimes threatening statements on public forums, then it's gone too far. Likewise, if someone was making very irrational or offensive remarks about how happy the movie designs make them (I haven't seen anything to this extent, but I'm not giving anyone ideas by making up examples) they would probably tick a few people off too.

14. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Well to be honest refering to people as "religious zealots" isn't exactly too friendly

QFT

It's the anger that's the problem "Negativity begets Negativity"

I'm all for not liking something, I don't like lots of things. But some can stand to watch their tongue and how they post. Anonymity(sp) isn't an excuse for going off the deep end in a venomous curse laden diatrabe. People should feel free to express their dislike. But HOW you express/send the message will determine HOW the message itself will be recieved.

The one disturbing trend I've seen on this and other boards. Is the tendency to use the "True fan" label. It particularly comes from the post of someone who DOESN'T like the movie concepts in reference to those that do. And what's REALLY a shame is that the posts of those who don't like the movie direction and pleasantly and respectfully express that are lost. Lost to the dozens of posts of those who post nasty hate filled bile

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a wide spectrum, from "ROXXORZ" to "SUXXORZ". and the moderate folks in the middle, who say thing like "I understand where you're coming from, but..." are drowned out in the dull roar of interneterie.

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I think both 'sides' are crazy...big shocker there, eh?

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    QFT

As for my opinion, I put it in my sig. I think both extremes are retarded.

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

19. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The attacks on both sides are stupid. Personally I will not be seeing it based on what I have seen of the Robots, they are just not Transformers to me. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just as anyone else that feels differently is entitled to theirs.

20. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Yeah i hate some of the shit done to this movie and i DEFINITELY hate the director but all my opinion aside....ill definitely be seeing it opening night, in fact i already put in for the day off work, and ill likely end up buying some if not all the toys. The underlying puristic child within me that loved giant robots will see the anticipation growing as this movie comes closer and closer to release.