Till All Are One #12

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Aug 9, 2017.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OP continuously going out of his way to save Earth and still having to prove it.

It's just as tiring as me having to explain it to you.

I rather see Bot vs Bot action. Spike shouldn't be a threat!
    Cobra-esk factions kidnapping Transformers and/or finding their weapons to strengthen their tech is boring!
    OP preaching to Presidents is boring!

If you like it then fine, these are the reasons that I don't.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Yeah, I don't buy her explanation unless it only applies to Starscream. It feels a bit too much like the stereotype of adopted children always searching for their birth parents. In my experience with adopted siblings, that's not true. Most adopted children struggle a little more than normal with feelings of alienation. In the same way, I'd buy that most CC bots struggle with the almost eugenic, Nazi-ish explanations of their inferiority, but if we accept that all Transformers are sentient, we can't attribute any more broad motives to them.

I think that's a comment on self-confirming racism. I don't buy that "I drilled my own head and let the Light out" Tyrest was speaking in good faith. Do we have confirmation by any sane Autobots that the Aequitas trials were truly populated by CC bots alone?

Oooh! Yes, there's a clue to this in the beginning of "The Gloaming." Ultra Magnus (the third?) and a team of Wreckers-ish dudes are going to save Pious Maximus "from himself." I suspect that, in a nod to Fortress's Marvel personality, Pious attempted to self-shadowplay a deep-rooted pacifism out of himself in order to turn the tide of the war, thus becoming Fortress. It works as long as the battle at Clemency canonically happened before Simanzi, which is the only confirmed battle I know of for Fortress in the war before he went to Garrus-9.

He's definitely forged (the wiki says so, anyway) so I don't see how a warborn Autobot could have come about otherwise, unless it was from a spawning field discovered during the war.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

This thread is about taao 12, not Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  4. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

The Wiki is going off the fact that on the Lost Light when Tyrest threw the kill switch it didn't bother him.

I almost feel sorry Frot Max being stuck with Prowl and Red Alert is no picnic. I doubt any one can shadow play themselves at that level and that saying Pious has to have ego bigger than Rodimus, crazy like Whirl,and be as stupid as Sludge to do that.

5. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    It's all relative. You clearly didn't read the full discussion on why I mentioned OP so why bother reading now...

Anyway I give the final issue 7.5/10.

6. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

They can still store hotspot sparks for further use just like they do matrix-made sparks.

7. Bumblemus Prime

But why would you ever need to construct anyone cold if you had a fridge full of hotspot sparks?

8. gregles

gregles quintesson

Really positive issue that certainly gave us loads to think and talk about.

The way I read Windblades reaction to the constructed cold thing is her casting judgement on those who would create life just for self serving reasons without taking responsibility for the life's wellbeing rather than casting any kind of negative judgement on the constructed cold transformers themselves.

I imagine the quality of constructed cold transformers has varied over time as Nova prime wanted infinite population so he wanted them to match their forged counterparts whilst those constructed cold during the autobot/decepticon war where likely cannon fodder to boost the numbers of their war machines so where just forced quickly into any old bodies available so given the their cruel fate in this time it's no wonder that so many constructed cold went so wrong and informed Tyrest's prejudices.

I'm really curious to see how Starscream is handled from here

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    Now that Windblade is back online and Bee is out, I really want to know how's SS gonna handle Elita then.

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    To my surprise i liked it. Though Starscream is still alive.
    I enjoyed how it incorporated so much of the history of IDW's development of the Transformer genesis into it and tied it into Windblades identity.
    And how that led to her selfassertion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Because they have both types lying around. The actual making of the CC sparks stopped when the Matrix was stolen under Nova Prime, there were vast amounts in storage ever since (some only found during the war). And CC ones would normally be whatever you needed (within the spark's capacity at least)- an oddly functionist reason, interestingly enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bumblemus Prime

Ah, that makes sense, although it still begs an explanation for why there were sparks on ice well after the war started & the whole Functionist thing was redundant in the face of "OMG the Decepticons will kill us all."

Still I'm loving this headcanon

13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

At one point they talked about finding a bunch of CC sparks. I suspect what it is is Nova's regime and the old senate knew where all the spark storage places were, but in the intervening years, all but two of the old senate dying, then the new senate itself falling apart, and just where these hidden protected vaults were was hidden.

Additionally, energon supplies were a major factor in the war and some time before, so while you might say, defrost 100 in preparation for a major campaign out of your spark supply, you wouldn't defrost all of them when they might not have anything to do but sit around for the next thousand years.

In the early days and nowadays they can handle pretty much however many cybertronians, but for long swaths of time supplying them would be tricky. Fair chunks of the war were spent gathering supplies so you could then expand the army to be big enough to do whatever.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Well, I'm not surprised with Windblade's reaction since Camiens always were looking like a bit backwater and sanctimonious due to their religious fanatism. Kinda one of their defining traits as a culture if you recall Pyra Magna, Mistress of Flame or Aileron. Windblade was bound to have some residual thinking of this type left in her.
    It doesn't mean that TFs with this kind opinion are right, they're just TFs with this kind of opinion.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  15. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Just came to drop this off. "Pure" Starscream in G1 colors.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  16. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Ooh, lovely! By you, or did you find it?

17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Bee is out where?

18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

GIVE TOY NOW!

• Like Like x 1
  19. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Found it. It's from this guy.
    I think it was #11 where someone spoke to Starscream and there was a silhouette of Bee. I think I'm remembering it wrong so feel free to correct

20. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    I'm not sure either and although we know his return to IDW (alive) is inevitable do we really want him playing that Yoda role or even Hotrod's?