Till All Are One #12

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Aug 9, 2017.

1. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Just dropping this off cause its a good read about cold-construction and effects on a Cybertronian's psyche. Link.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Interesting article. I notice that Cold Construct has some Neurosis I am looking Prowl and Getaway. I am not sure about Blaster or other cold construct. It makes sense for Starscream to look for a body that matches his image of himself.

3. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

Krok and Spinister were cold-constructed as well and they have pretty severe mental illnesses as well

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I wonder if Vigilem will show up as a head-friend... and I wonder what'll be left, because Windblade did *not* erase him, I'm pretty sure. Moving the fight to Starscream's head was a mistake, as it let the pressure off her and let her go on the offense.

So, do many cold constructed have a form of dysmorphia...? That'd explain some things.

Some may simply have been lucky and find a body that subconsciously clicks anyway, or just have a softer body sense to begin with. This is *Starscream's* experience, not every Cold Constructed's, after all.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Starscream's true form reminds me of Orguss, somehow. All round bodies and sharp wings

6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I loved this issue, the inner Starscream design was dope as hell. I'm so sad this series is over.

• Like Like x 5
  7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Nothing ironic about it. Scott writes stories with slow burning plots. But her books keep getting donkey punched by Big Important Crossover Event Books before she can reach a satisfying conclusion. And then she usually has to pick up the broken pieces of her story afterwards and try again. Hell I kinda understand why she's finally given up.

• Like Like x 11
  8. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Decepticon

News Credits:
    I can now never look at Starscream without having the phrase "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!" in my head now.

• Like Like x 4
  9. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm starting to think either I'm just stupid or more tolerant than average.

Going through the story itself I was like "okay, that was interesting" so I go and see what other people think about it and it ranges from stuff like "Windblade acts like one of those unintentionally bigoted religious people" to "it's an allegory to <body issue>" to social class issues.

I don't care much for Windblade's interpretation of Starscream's body insecurity even if it was an interesting way of looking at it. I admit part of it is my distaste for IDW in general depicting Camien religion as 'THE Religion' lately (while yes it is part of Windblade's character one of the failings of the writing is it often treats it as being the basis of universal morality with little in the way of counterpoints to it. To be fair to the Camien religion itself it IS a Hasbro creation so it is automatically 'correct' in all the important ways, but you'd think in-universe everyone wouldn't treat it like that).

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Anyone think Vigilem may already have some influence based on that confidence in the final pages?

Yea, I do hope IDW can find something longer-term to give her at some point. Or something- I really love her work when there's time to build.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    I would much rather they cancel LL over this. This book presented some damn interesting ideas. Scott's interpretation of the CC bots was damn good. Shame this book is ending.

Scott took Windblade from a boring one-note entity to something VERY interesting. I'm still not a huge fan of her overall design. However, I can no longer deny the fact that she is a character with depth and solid motivations that make her intriguing. I can't wait for more.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  12. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

Honestly, I did not really understand the ending of this issue and kind of thought it was lame. Starscream was cool though... I guess.

It really was not an ending befitting a last issue.

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Windblade's development it is like she getting out of the cloud of the Camiens. I never cared for the Camiens as a people or colony but individually they can be interesting. I never like characters as a group to overtly religious and have holier than thou attitudes (Torchbearers) and even this attitude gets on my nerves with Velocity. I mean being religious does not mean you are being stupid about things.

I am going to move on CC the apart I can understand being forged by Solus Prime and blacksmith is sacred on Caminus. I can understand why Windblade found CC to abhorrent and goes against the wishes of Primus. Many on Cybertron look down on CC as second class citizens. I do not believe that Windblade is against or prejudice against the CC people of Cybertron. In last panel my Perception of things Windblade felt sorry for Starscream never having his Primus given form understood the tragedy of it. Something has changed between the two and it even bother Starscream to a degree.

I did like the expanding the effects on the spark by Scott. You can make the argument even Prowl is shown the effects as well as Getaway. I hope this expansion is continued on some later issues.

14. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

For me, this read like a regular issue of TAAO - enjoyably so - until the last page when suddenly it felt like it was trying to do the whole "An End ... or a New Beginning?" kind of thing. Windblade: "Let me explain to you what I've learned and how I've changed over the past 12 issues, Starscream, in the most dramatic way possible."

Other than that and the defeat of Vigilem, it didn't seem to resolve anything at all - but then, how could it? It really just underlines the fact that this was the wrong point to cancel this series.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

We *do* have the annual, I suspect that'll be the finale.

16. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was rushed, but I like it. I like that Windblade and Starscream's relationship changed but not in an overly sentimental way, but rather an understanding of where he's coming from. I like the idea of being cold constructed leading to body issues and such. Sad to see it end, but I'm looking forward to that Annual.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toonstrack

Toonstrack Titan Master

Really powerful issue, however reading that it was the last one sucks. This series was consistently good but it felt like it never reached full potential and it sucks because now there are a lot of plot threads left unanswered. However I will say that this series made me like Windblade much more as a character.

The shot of Starscream's true form was awesome and needs to get a toy. Like seriously. That said am I the only one that thought it looked... feminine? Maybe it was just the perspective but thats the vibe I got, not sure if it was intentional.

I hope we see Liege Maximo's plans come to fruition before long.

18. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This felt good and depressing at the same time. It was a good issue with interesting character development on starscream and evolution on windblade.

Depressing because all other plots are left opened, and the writer is off to first strike with the joes and hasbro universe. Hope we get back another book centered on cybertronians and starscream without hasbro universe after the annual

19. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's confusing?

Vigilem is in Windblade's head, and she's got him in a stalemate that'll kill them both. Starscream blunders in thinking he'll save Windblade. Turns out that creates an opening for Vigilem; he jumps from Windblade's head to Starscream's, which'll be better for him anyway, because Starscream is leader of Cybertron... possessing him will be more useful than possessing Windblade.

Vigilem sets about exploiting Starscream's fears and weaknesses, OF WHICH HE HAS MANY, as a way to enact that possession. Windblade responds by doing literally what she's being doing metaphorically the whole series... reaching into Starscream and digging out the nub of a good person inside him. Or, if not a good person, at least an undamaged one. That gives Starscream the strength to reject Vigilem. Vigilem flees back into Windblade's mind. But Windblade, having successfully healed Starscream, now has the insight necessary to beat Vigilem without killing herself.

The two return to the real world. Windblade is inspired by the fact that the Power of Truth beat Vigilem, and swears that from now on, that's the power she'll appeal to as delegate, not the conspiracies and compromises she's kept sliding into over the course of the series.

It's about as neat a bow as you can put on both Starscream and Windblade's character arcs, given that there was one issue to do it in.

• Like Like x 5
  20. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    Couldn't have written it better myself. It was a good issue. Sad that it's ending. I can't wait for the annual.