Till All Are One #12

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Aug 9, 2017.

1. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hmm, this issue was disappointing to me. And I loved this series. Windblade becoming more independent is great, but as the only real outcome from the issue that's a let down imo. Bumblebee? The Combaticons? None of it progressed. Progressing/resolving it all in an annual seems a little off, idk, maybe it's because in my day annuals were less easily available so I don't expect major plot line resolving events to happen in them.

We did get more on Starscream's past, and got to see 'the real him' (kind of like RID Stormshot), giving us more sympathy for his character. It all felt a bit self-consciously revelatory to me though, and ended up being a bit [shrug].

The art is great as usual. This just felt more like a whimper than a bang for me.

2. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Member

I was also disappointed by this 'ending'. It felt like it wasn't what the authors had planned at first, but something they had to write quickly to wrap the story up (while not wrapping up anything at all.)

On Starscream's case, previous issues were about him confessing his loneliness and becoming willing to invest more trust into others- Windblade et least- and stop considering everyone as an enemy ( or so that's what I concluded from it) and I feel that this issue destroys the chances for that to happen, which makes issue 11 quite meaningless after all.

The art is good. But making it about Starscream's true form felt out of place for me. Who ever cared about that of all things and where is the 'positive ending' we were promised? While not entirely negative, it still feels like yet another step backward. The last three pages made me downright bitter about this book.

But yeah, the art was great....

• Like Like x 1
  3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm on the disappointed boat too, but the ending had to be rushed as the series abruptly ended. Also, Starscream's true self looks a bit like Thundercracker.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I think the cancellation screwed it all up. All those careful threads put aside. :( 

5. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Member

I wonder if we'll get to see Starscream's true form again...Or have a toy?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Consider me sailing alone in the SS Only-Slightly-Disappointed dingy XD

There were so many factors working against this issue, so to actually get to complete with arc was something.

I LOVED the reveal of Starscream's true form. When we learnt about CC and sentico matalico I always wondered what effect that would have on the spark. The spark is being forced into a body that doesn't fit the form it wants to develop. Well, now I know!

• Like Like x 9
  7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscreams true form was pretty awesome looking in my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  8. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Remember that there's still the Annual to go later this year...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Ironic that Scott delivers actual good work towards the end. The character work, particularly the one focusing on Starscream, was fantastic, really deep stuff that shows more sides of his personality and developes him even further. Windblade's development, while not as strong as Starscream, is still appropriate and brings closure to Scott's work on the character.

Pitre-Durocher's art was also quite appealing, shame the book had to end.

10. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about this one. I liked the issue and I have no doubt the events that unfolded will definitely change the dynamic of Starscream and Windblade's relationship in the annual/future. Seeing Starscream's true form was cool and finally purging Vigilem was nice. But there's something about this issue that felt kinda... rushed? unfulfilling? I don't know. It might have been due to the cancellation. It's pretty clear that this issue was dedicated to dealing with Windblade's condition so I'm not too broken up over nothing else being covered. Although I'm a bit worried that the annual won't be enough to handle all the plot threads of this story in a satisfying way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was not only a satisfying thematic (if unfortunately rushed) conclusion, it also does a good deal more to advance the "why are CC bots bastards" point than anything else has.

• Like Like x 8
  12. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Nice. Nice. Also yah obviously rushed but the annual should hopefully allow her to bring the story to amore satisfyingly ending.

13. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Artwork nice like always. Nice seeing Windy kick some butt and then some

Still the whole thing seemed odd and Starscream's true form doesn't seem that different and looks a lot like Thundercracker

14. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    The story was rushed but I enjoyed it. I don't think it needs to be said but if there were maybe six issues more perhaps all the plot points could be completed proper. Onto specific points:

Starscream: He's the star of this issue and he's great. I like the idea that all the seekers were constructed-cold which explains their uniform design. His "true" form is neat as well. I don't like the phrasing of it (sounds too anime for me) but its a cool look all the same. I hope that we see this design in future again and possibly in toy form at some point, by Hasbro or a third party. I also thought the reveal was kind of touching, Starscream seeing himself for what he really is in his spark and not his chassis.

Windblade: The only thing I can say that perplexes me is her ending speech. Not so much the point of Windblade now deciding to act of her own autonomy rather than in the service of others (ie Metroplex, MoF, Solus/Caminus, Starscream) because that I believe is fine. It's just how its inserted in the end like it was a character arc for Windblade. This is likely a result of the comic's abrupt cancellation so I won't rant on it. It's fine if a bit awkward.

Other notes:
    *We got a look of Solus Prime and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I expected the use of her CoP appearance but I think it would benefit her to look more "G1" if that makes any sense.
    * Loved the spark clones of bots and cons summoned to fight Vigilem. Though brief and not too important just the presentation made me excited.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream: The Seekers made sense that they are all cold constructed. Upon reading the seekeers they are like children and better yet teenagers. Both Skywarp and Thundercracker are more themselves on Earth and actually maturing into adults with the humans. I like the fact each of the seekers are growing into their personalities. I love his Starscream true look.

I like Windblade finally.

The story arc felt rushed and ending is not my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I think it was okay but we're still missing the annual to say anything more.

17. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it was an appropriate ending, just one that came in one issue instead of the dozens it should have played out over. It's a literalization of the character dynamic that's been going between Windblade and Starscream since the first miniseries. It works; it's good.

Plus, hey, RID Stormshot... (waves at bench) You're in, kid! You got repurposed!

• Like Like x 4
  18. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    It seemed kind of rushed. Otherwise I thought it was a good issue. Bring on the annual.

19. Swagatron

Swagatron Member

Loved Starscreams true form, but they could have done so much more while they were rummaging around in his head.
    Feel like the missed a really good opportunity with this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Good issue, but it felt rather rushed, and it didn't quite feel like finale material. Hopefully the annual gives us more of a sense of finality.

I hope that there is a lasting effect from this issue for Windblade and Starscream, which I'm sure we will see these changes in First Strike, given its co-written by Scott.

But no doubt about it, the art was great.

• Like Like x 1