Til All Are One Annual

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by maku098, Dec 20, 2017.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    am i the only one hoping to see a Brave new generation interact with the cybertronian colony worlds?

braves being the keyword people(as in yuusha)

• Like Like x 1
  2. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    some of the greatest autobot heroes to have ever lived in fighting spirit(cause they be that damned awesome people)

the gusty galaxy guard be a entirely earth born generation of autobot heroes for sure

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    This was surprisingly enjoyable.
    Finally, Starscream is dethroned!!! Though I doubt Hasbro and IDW are going to leave him in that cell for long.
    I was disappointed Hasbro dropped the chance to have a real election for Cybertrons government and missed the chance to turn this into a big marketing campaign.

4. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

If more people were reading the books and genuinely cared then I think they would've.

As it is they probably think its not worth the effort :) :D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Still, it might have drawn new readers to the books.
    I don't know. Maybe the only people giving a damn would be us.

6. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    thanks for the like murasame

always good fun talking wiht a fellow brave

7. ultramagnus1

Yeah most likely.

Might've been cool but I always got the impression that optimus primal will become leader at some point?

Maybe I got that wrong

8. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    He might. But leader of what?
    He was supposed to get the Matrix and become leader of Cybertron, but is that really going to happen?

9. ultramagnus1

I'm not sure. Yeah he was supposed to be the matrix holder. Wonder how it will happen?

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Loved it. LOVED IT. Yes, it did need to wrap up a lot of stories. Yes, some stuff happened offscreen that I would have liked to see onscreen, such as the Combaticons learning what Blastoff did. But I'm happy with what we got, and it was well done for a conclusion to so many dangling threads.

My favorite moment this whole issue is when the Combaticons are in prison, huddled together AWAY from Blastoff, and Blastoff seems to have been punched in the face. So much emotion, so much story, in 1 panel.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who dreaded an end to Starscream's leadership, I loved it. Hope to see this creative team on something else.

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Shortly before Unicron eats Cybertron :lol 

13. ultramagnus1

And the idwverse as we know it

14. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

This.
    It really was great.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Fantastic final issue.

Sure it might be a bit cliche for Windblade to win and be the leader of Cybertron now but at least this will have a huge impact on future stories.

Starscream coming forward, admitting his crimes and going to jail was actually well done. It's great because in a way he changed but still did it in a sneaky underhanded way as a power-play to cuck Elita-1 out of taking over Cybertron.

Poor Blast Off and Brawl too. Brawl basically voted for Windblade and not even realized that'd end up with him in the slammer. Blast Off, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I expect Starscream and co. gonna get released when the Unicron event happens. I mean Devastator was barely in prison between CW and TR.

I do hope we get to see Chromia's adventures tracking down Liege Maximo later on.

I'm honestly gonna miss Mairghread Scott's work here, in all of 2017. She was consistently writing the best issues of IDW when Barber and Roberts have been hit and miss all over the place.

16. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    With Starscream being one of my favorite characters in the IDWverse, I was really nervous going into this issue. Having him be the ruler of Cybertron for the past five years was very entertaining. But like most great things, they can't last forever. Ever since the beginning of this series I've had the dreading feeling that Starscream's reign was coming to an end. That for all the backstabbing and murders he committed to become the 'Chosen One", it was going to end with him dethroned soon.

So when the time came to read this issue and I see the first page calling this issue "The Chosen One" With Windblade of all TFs on the page, I started to panic. I thought the idea of Starscream of all mechs being the "Chosen One" was a great idea, but now I was afraid that this issue was going to rip that whole thing apart and do something cheap like have Metroplex claim that Windblade was the real "Chosen One". I got even more worried when the whole election began, because at that point, I knew Windblade was going to win. However, the way it happened...it was NOT how I expected it.

The final five or so pages of this comic made it for me, and really helped me see how much of a great character Starscream is. I thought the whole time Starscream was going to lose to WIndbalde, but at very least slither his way out of escaping punishment and go into hiding. But to have him be the bigger man (or mech, persay). Instead...He did the least Starscream thing I could imagine; he confessed. No strings attached, no way did it help him personally. It was this single act that finally brought Starscream's "Chosen One" arc to a close. Because although he planned to shape Cybertron in his image, and he claimed for a few years that all he wanted was to make Cybertron a better place, there was still a doubt that this was just another one of his schemes. Turns out, he was telling the truth. Starscream, the mech who was the DEcepticon's biggest coward, did everything he could to preserve his own spark, did the most selfless thing possible and essentially threw his spark away to complete his destiny.

So yes, Windblade is now the ruler of Cybertron. Am I upset with this? Absolutely not. Windblade may prove to be a better truer than Starscream, and make Cybertron more habitable, but do you know who got her there? Starscream. He knew Windblade would make the best ruler between him and Elita, and knowing he could never win the election, decided to go with the next best thing and give the win to Windblade. With this, Starscream has truly fulfilled his destiny as the "Chosen One" by finally uniting all of Cybertron...against himself. It's probably the most tragic thing to ever happen to a character in the IDWverse in my opinion, but is such a fitting end to Starscream's current character arc.

In short, this issue will stand out as one of my favorite TF issues of all time. Starscream's story may be done for now, but perhaps with Unicron on the horizon, he will find a new leash on life? Even if that's not the case, and he does not end up returning later this year for the Unicron event, I'm certain that this is not the last we'll see of Starscream, and whatever IDW has planned next for his character, whether it happens is six months, a year, or even three years, I look forward to what's in store for Cybertron's Chosen One.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

On Windblade being leader, Starscream essentially trained her for years.

In the past she’d be in no way ready for this, but just as she helped forge him, he forged her into someone who can handle whatever may come.

• Like Like x 2
  18. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're gonna let Starscream out of jail to fight Unicron and he's gonna die like he did in one of those disgusting animes I never watched.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Mistake: Made

How much has passed? It can't be more then a few months at the very least.

20. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I thought it's been at least a year since Dark Cybertron...