Til All Are One Annual

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by maku098, Dec 20, 2017.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Ok.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Uh no she was mearly disgusted at such an idea but she never treated anyone who was cold constructed including Starscream any different after that discovery. If she did we wouldn't have seen her treated the cold constructed horribly. As for Optimus he was going against certain rules at the time despite his good reasons for doing so and Windblade couldn't exactly look past them so even if she wanted to help she couldn't exactly let off him off scout free either.

I get that you're not a fan of her but it feels like you're just taking certain scenes and character moments out of context and not looking deeper into them just to make Windblade look like Sentinel Prime 2.0 when that's utter BS. Windblade doesn't always make the right call true but compared to other IDW Autobots who did far worse things even the ones that aren't made to be villains she's no where near the levels of someone lie Tyrest or Zeta.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm taking moments and scenes exactly for what they are.

Being disgusted at the way of someone's born is a hint that she can't, on a subconscious level, act past this knowledge... Especially when she's subsequently acting under the conclusions that Starscream should be returned to his "right" self as if he was living all his life with no agency and was driven mostly by the trauma of being constructed cold.
    This plot has a very disturbing undertone and valuates outlooks like Tyrest's.

Also knowing that Optimus is working to save the day and criticising him for pushing the rules... Whilst siding with Starscream who was breaking the rules all the time AND after herself breaking the rules too? That's simply hypocricy.

You're implying that I'm nitpicking because I dislike the character, but you see...

...proofs of her being a dangerous hypocrite aren't hard to point and don't even require being nitpicky. It's just calling WB for her actions.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  4. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like Windblade or anything she stands for.

5. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From tfwiki:
    "Windblade is saddened that the Transformers always find themselves rebuilding, unable to take the action so revered on Caminus and actually create anything new"

Ouch, a bit of meta commentary there on the constant comic cycle perhaps. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. RNSrobot

Seriously?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I've been mulling on this for a few days and I'm still disappointed that the Combaticons' story wasn't really wrapped up. They weren't insignificant to the storyline, either, issues #1-4 had an emphasis on them and #10 was practically Spotlight Blast Off... and then very little after that. I had expected we'd at least get a few pages of reactions to the big plot point of #10 and Blast Off's choice (which wasn't much of a choice anyway)... but instead we just get that one background panel. It feels unfinished, like I've been following a drama between two of my favorite characters and then- they are just dropped and kind of forgotten. Logically, I know it's because the series was canceled and there probably just wasn't any room- but it still feels like... couldn't there have been a page or two to help wrap the Combaticon's plotline up a little better? Again, I can only hope that maybe they didn't get much resolution because maybe there are plans to continue their story someday. It looked like Blast Off got punched in the face... it was hard to tell but I think his visor was cracked and his mouth was bleeding- and Onslaught punching him in anger once he found out definitely seems plausible. Will he even want Blast Off in the Combaticons anymore? I have lots of questions, heh. That all said, I am still glad to have gotten this series and will certainly miss it. It was getting so good and the other series out now aren't captivating me like it did.

(I did love Brawl's small scene though. That feels like a resolution to the question I'd had of how Bruticus affected him.)

• Like Like x 2
  8. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Considering that TAAO implied Tfs have a sex-equivalent and Blast Off is complacent with essentially doping Onslaught to encourage him to sleep with him...I'd like to see him punched again please. And I'd be super bugged if he was given an "all forgiven" moment, considering how utterly personal his stuff is. Although yes, clearly they're resolution was one of those things that was intended for a bigger TAAO.

9. hardlurk

News Credits:
    There's nothing in the Cybertronian constitution forbidding Starscream from being re-elected from prison.

Also, there might not be a Cybertronian constitution, idk.

10. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Yes, I can understand that and maybe that's one reason there isn't a quick resolution... because yeah, it's incredibly complicated. Onslaught may never forgive Blast Off and that would be understandable. Though I feel like Blast Off is kind of a victim here too.... issue 10 showed him resisting Starscream's manipulations again and again but he never really had much choice anyway. Starscream and Airachnid made sure of that. It wasn't even the push to make Onslaught like him that finally compelled him to make the (non) choice he did... it was Starscream pointing out that Onslaught would never let the war go and would get himself killed- IF they ever even woke up at all that is, they were facing being stuck in unconscious limbo forever (or jail if they were "lucky", or being on the run until they died if they escaped) otherwise. Given the non-choices he was given, I can't blame an already lonely person not wanting to be trapped inside his own head forever, never waking up. That said- the choice he did make was still a horrible one and what he agreed to do to Onslaught was unacceptable too- though I do think he was doing it with the intention of "saving him". So... yeah, very complicated and their relationship (romantic or not) may be damaged beyond repair now. And again, I can't blame Onslaught for feeling violated and angry- he has a right to. But I still feel bad for Blast Off, he was struggling to try and do the right thing by his team- give them a better life than the poverty-stricken criminal life they were facing otherwise.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I like how Brawl got affected by the combining process that he now is kinda reluctant to wage war again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Liked that it was Fat Tankor, Blurr, and Wasp who rescued Windblade. They were her crew back in the first Windblade series, it was kinda like book ends.

I definitely agree. I just wish we had gotten more resolution to that because #10 was such a good, engrossing issue and Blast Off's decision was so fucked up in so many ways I wanted to see how it'd turn out.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hardlurk

News Credits:
    I don't get the impression that Windblade has a fundamentalist mindset. What religious text is she reading literally rather than in accordance with traditional interpretation?

I also don't think she's racist. Imagine if you went to another country and encountered people who scooped the brains out of infants and implanted them in crude synthetic bodies. It would be bad. You'd feel sorry for them.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Worse if you started to act upon your conviction that those people with manufactured bodies are somehow subpar and probably can't be making their own life choices... Or whatever choices they were making were driven only by trauma and not exactly theirs. Ergo, they're subpar people with no agency.

Also, this is a very weak concept because we're to believe that Starscream who went through all those bodies always picking something similar for himself, always flyer and only in one body NOT in his G1 colors...

...somehow subconsciously all this time picked something different than what he was supposed to be. Except what he allegedly was supposed to be is also a flyer.

This isn't even making any sense.

Also, he acted like a scoundrel all his life because he's constructed cold?

Damn, looks like Tyrest was right, after all...

• Like Like x 1
  15. RNSrobot

You're making less and less sense with every post. Like, of course we come up with alternate or speculative theories but you're jumping at shadows even with the "proof." Windblade isn't some secret racist villain.

I mean, hardlurk is the reasonable voice here...

16. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Mairghread has said she wanted Windblade's view on CC to be ambiguous as to if she's just voicing a learnt bias. And yeah she clearly has biases based on her upbringing. She's from a society that is still reproducing and hugely religious. But she's no more biased than any of those we would call great leaders in the real world. The best person on earth has tribalistic instincts. Name a great leader and I can name a blatant hypocrisy. People are exceptional in spite of these flaws not because the don't have them.

I also think the fact the "true body" is symbolic not literal is fairly obvious. I don't think Windblade brought his genetically defined form to the surface, I think she helped create an idealised version of who he MIGHT have been. If he have been made. I've read it as highlighting not necessarily "if you were forged you would have been this person" because Screamer doesn't have a forgable spark. It was highlighting that Starscream has been "constructed" by others his entire life. His whole attitude is one of "you made me wrong so I'm going to be wrong" and that's highlighted on how he ALWAYS transfers blame. The true body represents him unburdened by the war and the damage his soul has undergone. It's not a literal CC are fucked up. It's "I could have been you but I'm fucked up". It's fundamentally the same thing Megatron and experienced, seeing who he was or could have been and unburdening himself.

• Like Like x 9
  17. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Come on people. If you
    I always took the Windblade mind merge experience to mean that too; She showed Starscream what he might have been had the war not happened. The problem wasn't the way he was born, it was the society that he inhabited that made him into the dastardly scoundrel we all love.

This was a good read. Did it have a few missteps? Yes. It was still better than all the other Transformers books released in 2016.

• Like Like x 2
  18. hardlurk

News Credits:
    Windblade did nothing wrong. Being constructed cold sucks. But it's not an excuse for becoming a villain.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    We'll see. There's whole other colonies, Primal hasn't even been so much as sniffed in the storyline yet, and despite all the "hunts" we have seen of him so far (mostly toyline promotion) if they are to be believed then there's STILL no Matrix of Leadership. Wasn't all of that the crux of his poll?

20. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I always thought her view on constructed cold was less "these bots are bad" than "these bots were put in a bad situation." If you think about it, what we know of them, they were forced into a body rather than having one build from their spark, then along with that they were force educated whatever they NEEDED to know and what they had to know to perform the job they were built to do rather than learning on their own and figuring out their own path. Look back at MTMTE, when they were talking about the education for CC bots, it was brought up how it went from a 12 step to 10 step to finally 3 steps because they didn't care what they knew as long as they knew pretty much "x color bad, y color good, build gun like this, point shoot."

• Like Like x 2