Til all are one 3 discussion spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by RNSrobot, Aug 17, 2016.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Another really enjoyable issue. Scott is packing the book with the dense intrigue and politics of barber's rid season 1. The combaticons are awesome. I enjoy ironhide's drill sergeant role.

So that's what happened to swindle. I definitely feel like we need more of rattrap here. There seems to be a big gap between him saving prowl, to prowl showing up in sins, and now mtmte 56. Like is prowl in hiding? Or not... or... ? And what is rattrap's real allegiance?

So I'm assuming onslaught's plan is to use the enigma to form with swindle in order to access his otherwise brain-dead mind for evidence against Starscream. Question is... what happens when bruticus forms?

I still realllly dislike the enigma of magic though. Mildly unsettling that rattrap has such a powerful item stashed.

2. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I love Ironhide the drill sergeant, too.

The Combaticons bring me joy.
    I think you're right, he wants to access Swindle's mind- odds are it won't work as he expected. I am wondering how the other Combaticons will react to the idea. Not sure Blast Off will even want to do this, but he's just committed to following Onslaught this "last time", so... there they go.
    Loving the interactions- Blast off and Tex (and omg that pout of Tex's, hahaha), Onslaught and Brawl's exchange was classic. Loved Blast Off questioning Onslaught but still remaining loyal.

I can also say -YES! I was right! Wooo. I thought Rattrap was behind this. Didn't know Wheeljack was involved but definitely figured Rattrap was part of the disappearance.

So it looks like we see Bruticus next issue. I'm hoping Swindle is somehow brought back to life, maybe the combination and joining with others will reawaken his mind, too. *crosses fingers*. It could also have numerous side effects none of them are expecting, too.

I imagine Brawl will love the idea of joining with others to smash things up more, but not sure how Vortex and Blast Off are going to react. Vortex may like the opportunity to do VIOLENCE on a larger scale, whee! Blast Off ...not as sure how he'll react. (And of course he was always more standoffish in G1, so it would certainly fit if he's reluctant.) Don't know if they'll have the chance to really think about it though. But I would love to see the effects of becoming a combiner on them, how that affects them mentally as well as physically.

Also- I like how Blast Off wears his faceplate except when speaking to Onslaught in private. Only showing his true face in private to the person he most trusts. I wonder if we'll ever get an insight as to the psychology at work there.

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    This has become my second favorite TF book. While for a time I really enjoyed RID, I now prefer this over RID. I really like where this is going and finally the Swindle arc is picked up again. I like where this is going.

4. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am I living in a bizzaro world? This was another pretty decent issue. Has Scott taken her writing pills? Looking forward to the next issue.

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I have been wondering if I live in bizarro world or the evil mirror universe for months. Everytime I listen to the news I can't believe what I'm hearing. Or that this must be a bad dream. So, maybe you're right. All this could just be me dreaming. At least some parts of the dream are nice, so I hope it lasts a little longer! :D 

6. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha! I hear that!

7. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

A great little issue, but too short - or rather, more could have been done, I think, with the interaction between the characters along the way. It felt like very boom, boom, boom, move the plot along, please.

Scott's Combaticons continue to be a delight, and it's good to see Wheeljack and Rattrap folded back into the plot.

I'm somewhat surprised at the minor scale of Onslaught's plan though - getting Blast Off into Ironhide's security team just so that he could look up surveillance footage? I'd hoped there was a bit more to it.

And it's a little bit galling that master cryptologist/hacker Sparkstalker is written as a generic grunt while standing five feet away from a code-breaking/hacking storyline.

8. Spumoni Dingo

Spumoni Dingo GPN Official Spotter

News Credits:
    Bruticus hyyyyyyyyyyype!

9. gregles

gregles quintesson

Always knew Scott had potential and it is good to see her continue to shine in her own series.

It seemed odd how easy the spark of combination was to get hold of by Rattrap as I know he is handy with this kind of thing being such a cheat in life but given how much trouble Combiners caused over the whole combiner wars arc it would likely be kept somewhere with strong sercurity where multi sercurity passes or documentation would be required to get in peacefully and/or in secret somewhere.

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

10. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Didnt cw end with the enigma in his possession, secretly? Or that's how I remember it.

11. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    No, it was still in Starscream's custody. Arcee also stole it in Combiner Hunters before it was returned again.

12. Reask

Reask Predacon

Good fun here overall, still an enjoyable series. I have to admit though I'm not too familiar with the minor characters so I was taken back a bit when Sparkstalker showed up. I was like: "Wait Swerve is here? What?"

And Chromia bursting in on Windblade demanding answers and, ugh I'm hating her more and more by the second for what she did so long ago. Is it fair to compare her to Prowl? Because she's become one hell of a prick. :D 

13. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Chromia's worse then prowl

But atleast she seemsnto be becoming aware of it.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Seriously Scott is starting to actually deliver good stories, I'm glad shes taking the criticism of the past and is making it work now.

I almost forgive Chromia for her earlier transgressions, i mean it doesn't wipe it clean that she blew up innocent civilians for a petty reason but her taking responsibility and trying to fix things now is nice, she's almost likeable to me now.

I'm really liking how Blast Off was able to fit in with the badgeless and him starting to question his loyalty.

Swindle....is braindead...well that's sad but with the Enigma, we still get Bruticus...OH DAMN. IT'S HAPPENING!

15. Kash613

Kash613 Member

If chromia wanted to truly make things right she should get up contact iron hide and the new agency go outside tell the press with a large crowd and admit what she did and state that besides that she acted alone. Hell even turn the tables on Starscream and say he alone knew all about it and ordered her to keep quite. Then present herself to Ironhide for arrest and possible deportation. This hiding and trying to find a way out is imo dumb.

16. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

That woukd be a great way to cap of the arc

17. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I am sure that it is going to be a big battle with Bruticus as the villain... but personally I am hoping that Scott throws us a curveball. Imagine if Bruticus forms up, bursts out of the building... and then calmly and clearly announces Starscreams sins. And everyone is just shocked, waiting for the attack, but Onslaught states killing Starscream isn't revenge... ripping down what he had and forcing him to watch as Cybertron grows without him is the greatest revenge.

It would be a nice twist to Bruticus actually use Onslaught's planning and Blast-Off's new appreciation for Cybertron to make him not just another Devastator. Hell, have Bruticus demand they be allowed to begin repopulating the planet, the Council agrees, and Onslaught and his crew become the first mayors of a new town for decepticons looking to rebuild their lives.

...but I suppose big robot fighting little robot is okay too.

18. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

I feel so bad for Swindle. But I'm curious about his memories.
    I'm kinda confused about Rattrap's role in anything exRID. Isn't he low-key working on his own accord to usurp Starscream? Did I get the wrong impression? XD

19. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Apparently he brought Wheeljack in on it. Wheeljack being part of this was an unknown until this issue.

20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Try it out, try it out man

Wow, I'm really liking Scott's work with the Combaticons. Right now I'm enjoying this more than MTMTE, I think Scott may become my favorite TF writer.