Tigerblade's G1 S1 MP scaled collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by TigerBlade, Mar 25, 2012.

1. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Sweet! Sideswipe looks even more amazing! I hope you find that Alt head for him. If I had one I would be all about giving it to you.

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Very kind of you and thanks! Hopefully sourced one, should find out later :) 

I had decided that after Mirage and Shockwave that I'd be done with customising and just wait for third parties to fill in the gaps but I've just stumbled across a 1/32 Porsche 924 shell.......so now I need another CHUG Bumblebee so I can do Cliffjumper!

Will it ever end?? :eek: 

3. LamboTwinLove

LoL At least it keeps you busy. I wish I was able to do customs. But I would just muck up any figure I came in contact with. But it looks like it's a lot of fun.

And thanks for the friend request!

4. LamboTwinLove

Have to comment on this. I am with you on robot mode display! I only have a few that stay in car mode right now due to either space issues, duplicates (I have a Classics and Henkei Sideswipe and Sunstreaker so one bot one car) Or i really don't like the robot mode like his the 03 bot con Sideswipe and Sunstreakers.... but they're the twins so I had to have them lol

5. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I don't do it for fun! lol tbh, for me at least, the satisfaction is near the end when it all comes together. I hate the actual process and the amount of time it takes but if I want the figures at the sizes I want I'm gonna be waiting forever for an offical HasTak release and probably slightly less as long from a third party.

It'd be rude not too! Don't get me wrong I can totally get why ppl like to fiddle with their figures and display in their alt modes....after all that's the main gimmick but for me it's the character and all the character is in the robot imo. To be brutally honest, if I wanted a shelf full of 80's cars I wouldn't be buying TF'ers, I'd be getting the diecast finished articles.......which gives me all kinds of ideas.......not until I has a mancave tho!!

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Whilst I'm waiting for styrene, Shockwave and the 1/32 Porsche 924 I found time to finish off MP Soundwave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with some other MP's:

[​IMG]

7. openchallenge

openchallenge TwistAwayTheGatesOfSteel

Wow, I thought hercules was bigger. I had planned on removing a shelf from a detolf to display a huge figure. Argh, I still want a figure that big. haha.

8. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    There's a guy in the radicons that does leg extenders and arm adapters that lift his forearms treads up to their G1 position. Makes him taller and wider....I am planning on getting them and when they are painted and installed I'll up pics :thumb 

9. magnusEXP

magnusEXP Portuguese Wha-Freak!

i´m gonna have wet dreams with that Jazz...

10. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    lol thanks......I think!

He was always one of my fave Autobots so I'm glad he turned out so well.

Decided to paint Soundwave's chest to be 'toon accurate. Also painted Thundercracker's thighs:

[​IMG]

11. LamboTwinLove

Exactly! I can't see not displaying the majority of my collection in bot mode. The bot makes it all stand out! I just wish I had more space. My collections has been growing a lot since I joined up here lol.

And I really wish I could hand you my igear TC for a paint touch up. He came with some little white spots on his legs and it makes me sad. Pic is attached, little blurry.

I wilted soon as I saw that when I opened him up. :cry 

Attached Files:

12. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    It seems to be a symptom of looking at these boards.....money leakage and space issues....

Re: TC. Get a small brush and a pot of Revell enamel no:50. It's about as good a match as you'll find to his blue (as seen in the pic above with his thighs and Soundwaves chest) and take it nice and easy! It'll look 1000% better in no time :thumb 

EDIT - just got back from a car boot with an unexpected bargain! I've been looking for a Jeep Renegade CJ7 for a while now to pilfer the wing mirrors and front winch from it to complete MP Hound. Ebay has none in the UK at all and hasn't for as long as I can remember....meaning ridiculous prices (for 3 small things) to buy from the US. Anyways.....I'm freezing my tits off getting dragged around a car boot when a small box of cars catches my eye.....what's inside? Only a bloody Jeep Renegade CJ7!! 50p later and Hound now looks like this:

[​IMG]

Result! Just need that hens teeth like G1 shoulder cannon and missile now to complete him.

13. LamboTwinLove

WOW! Hound looks GREAT!!

And thanks for the tip! I will try that soon as I can. Sadly with the space issue TC and Warp once e gets here will have to stay in their boxes till I have more then just my tiny little room at my parents to use lol.

BTW I am in the US. If you ever need something I can get cheaper here for you, let me know I would be more then happy to help out!

14. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Muchos gracias :-D

I'll probably take you up on some US cheapness. Some of the prices we have to pay are scandalous.......

Styrene was delivered just before the long bank holiday weekend so Mirage is back up and running. Robot skeleton structure is now complete, hoping to get the Formula 1 car shell in place over the next 2 days......also Cliffjumper shell is now cut into pieces and painted.....just waiting for the CHUG Bumblebee to turn up (hopefully Tuesday) to complete him. Received the Beelzeboss devil horns set just before the bank holiday so is a little frustrating to have the entire shell, head, weapons etc ready but no body to attach it too. I guess Mirage has my full attention for the time being.......and that's ignoring that Shockwave is somewhere between Hong Kong and the UK at present! I guess he'll have to wait till these two Autobots are done. Busy busy busy! After these guys though I really can't see any custom work to do (bar painting the shapeways Devastator extras I'm planning on ordering)....which to be totally honest I'm really glad of. Means the collection is is really coming to a conclusion.

15. LamboTwinLove

Anytime. Just hit me up with a PM and let me know what to look for and I will do my best to hook you up!

16. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

nice masterpiece collection! :) 

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dig it. I'm thinking of selling most everything I have that is G1 and keeping the figures that have a MP/BINALT figure, and displaying them all together. With Sideswipe now getting a MP figure, who knows where that could lead to though.

18. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Cheers guys.

It's good that Takara has seen the light and is opening up a whole load of characters for MP's now instead of the boring Prime and seeker repaints. I'm hoping....no, I'm praying Prowl is up next........he along with Bluestreak are the only two I think I'd swap out for what I have now......maybe Wheeljack too but his repaint value is nil so I'm not holding my breath there.

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While Wheeljack's repaint value may be slim to none, I'd say we still have a good chance at him. I'm hoping anyway. I would KILL for a MP version on him.. Er, well... Any of them that aren't Prime/Seekers at this point. I just seriously hope to God that they don't remake Hot Rodimus Convoy like someone in the only End all be all MP discussion thread had mentioned o_O .. That would be awkward..

20. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I fully expect a new Rodimus at some point....and a Grimlock too. It's frustrating as hell but you just know on past releases it's inevitable.