Ticket scalping, your experience?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I got Chicago Blackhawks season tickets this year and with them comes the ability to buy 8 tickets on presale throughout the season. I got 3 for some co-workers and 2 for my dad and I. However, i still have 3 left. I was thinking on getting some cheap seats (which are still $55) to a hot game and sell them off since it will be the hottest ticket in town.

Now I usually don't do this and even if I sell them at face+taxes and fees, I'll be okay. But I'm also worried about getting stuck with them. I was wondering if anyone had similar stories.

The deadline is 9pm tomorrow. So I do have time to think it over.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    My first job was buying tickets for a scalper.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

:scalper 

Oh look! Its you!

(don't be a scalper. Be a friend to fellow fans.)

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I've scalped my way to many a free high-profile concert. U2, Green Day, Pearl Jam and such. I'll get 4-8 pit/GA and/or good seats, sell at face to buddies who want to go, and sell the rest on Ebay. Usually come out ahead, actually.

5. newguy

newguy i

I went some sports event, and saw some guy selling tickets right infront of the ticket both. The cops asked what he was doing, and he said, "I'm giving these away for free"
    I should have asked him for them.

6. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

I once bought tickets off ebay to Dave Mathews because it was sold out and it's the only time he came to Australia, I felt vile though.
    I missed tickets to Daft Punk, I looked at them on ebay and didn't buy this time on principal, but after hearing how fucking amazing the gig was I so regret not buying them.
    I don't like the principal, but it really should be up to the promoters to put measures in place to stop it.

The organizers of Splendor in the Grass, an annual music festival held in Byron Bay, made it so each ticket you buy has a name and date of birth attached to it and id is required with the ticket to enter which makes scalping impossible.
    The tickets still sold out in 1hr 15mins but at least you knew the people buying the tickets were genuine buyers and not profiteers.