Thunderwing (Pretender)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by llamatron, May 12, 2008.

1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty big player in the comics, yes? How hard is this guy to find? He has... 3 guns right? They easy to lose? Which part of him is more desirable... the shell or the inner robot? Rough prices for each?

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/19...erwing-341/?catid=searchresults&searchid=1812

Three guns, yes. As he combines with the shell, I'd say he's most desireable complete.

He's a great character in the UK Marvel G1 comics, I'm re-reading them just now and am almost at his first appearance. Suspect I'll want to pick him up when I get there!

He's pretty pricey because of his portrayal as a Decepticon leader, but I don't know how much he goes for though. Be interested to find out.

3. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    A couple of years back I sold an opened but fantastic condition Pretender Thunderwing for just over £100. Bear in mind that it was in mint condition and the box was as fresh as the day it left the factory. Even the bubble was in good nick.

I sold him because I just got sick of some of my G1 block formers. With little decent articulation, I felt that it wasn't worth keeping him.

I imagine that these days, a Thunderwing in the same condition as the one I sold would go for over £100 easily.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So getting hold of just the shell (no inner bot or weapons) for 1 quid is a good deal, yes?

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think loose complete you can get it between 60 - 80 bucks. loose late g1s rarely go up to a 100 bucks.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm in the market for a Thunderwing and priced out a couple at Botcon. LAUGHABLE was what they wanted for him.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Yes, yes it is. Fancy making a quick 100% markup and selling it to me for £2? :lol 

Even without the other parts, you can't really go wrong for £1, eh?

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    No-one bothers with the inside bit anyway. Thunderwing is pretty much his shell and be done with it. :)