Thunderwing goes for how much??

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Omegax80, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
  2. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

It's normal. :(  But I don't think he's particularly hard to come by. I was interested in getting one myself and they come up on ebay regularly in that sort of played with, but complete or nearly complete condition. After seeing how much all the auctions were ending at, I became less interested pretty quickly.

It's just that the character is highly desirable due to his role in the G1 comics. A similar condition G1 Bludgeon would sell for a lot too, for the same reason.

3. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it does look extremely clean and nice. considering the condition and completeness that auction should go higher

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I was expecting it to be like $500-1000 by what your statement. I'm disappointed...

5. Omegax80

News Credits:
    REALLY? Man, that is gonna hurt my wallet. I really want this figure, and I can't believe this guy is going over $100!!! Bludgeon is next on my list, but I think I will have to wait for my holiday bonus (if my company survives through the holidays) to come in and I will consider getting him too.

I am actually now on a mission to get Pretenders. I got my combiners, my targetmasters, powermasters, almost done with Headmasters, but wanting to start on this project.

Dang. I hope not... I really want this.

You have a Thunderwing already?

I did not see any recent ended auctions for it, so I am hoping it will not go much higher.

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Thunderwing usually goes for over $100. Bludgeon is the same way as was stated before. You would be better off buying an almost complete one and trying to complete it. If you can get it with the little gun you would be doing good. The small gun alone usually goes for $25!! The big guns usually go for $10-15ea. Bludgeon parts are around that price also except for the small turret, that thing if you can find it goes for big money..... You could always hope for that auction ending at midnight on Wednesday.
    Good luck

7. Omegax80

News Credits:
    it ends on Saturday... so the likelihood of me winning is slim... It's Rosh Hashanna and I'll be at services!!!!

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well pretenders that complete are rare and this one having special desirability amongst collectors pushes the price up the same way but on a lesser scale a MISB Fort Max would

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Nah. Its just when well known vintage TFs are mentioned they're usually quite high so I thought this was the same. Well good luck in winning it :) .

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    this thunderwing will end over $200. if it doesnt I will be surprised.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    really? your shocked at that price? spike, cerebros' headmaster can go for at least $200+......

12. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    excuse me, i have seen a spike selling for $250, bids, with a few days left

how do i know this? i keep my eyes open for all fort max part prices cause i am trying to get a cerebros and the few remaing parts i need for my fort max

14. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

Well regardless of how much Cerebros goes for, I think what shocks people is that people will pay so much money for Pretenders. Even MISB Pretenders (that aren't Thunderwing or Bludgeon), don't tend to go for much more than $100.

Compare that to MISB Headmasters which can go for five or six times that amount. Hell, there's a Highbrow on ebay right now with a BIN for $1,000. I'm not saying it would actually go for that amount, but nobody in their right mind would ever list say, Cloudburst for $1,000.

The weird thing is that a played with Thunderwing, with heavily faded, peeling stickers and no box or anything else, could possibly make you double what you'd get for any other MISB Pretender. Well, it's not so weird, but it goes to show how important the character being a major player in the comics means.

15. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

Yeah - but all three mega pretenders command huge price tags. Vroom and Crossblades all go over $100 whenever they are listed. I think they're some of the best figures made in the later TF years. (*Hugs Vroom figure*)

16. Omegax80

News Credits:
    That, is crazy. I got a bunch of other pretenders, on average of $20 each. It is insane Thunderwing goes for this much. Of course it figures, its one of the few I did not get when I was a kid. Well... I want it.

Thankfully, I did get Vroom and Crossblades. When I was younger. Yay.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bar none, the Mega Pretenders are the best Pretenders ever made. They're worth the money. And if you get the E-Hobby Galvatron with the corrupted green matrix, that just adds the perfect bling for Thunderwing! :D 

18. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yep $200 if not at least $180. That's how much I paid for my Thunderwing

19. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    try shoppin for a blue bacchus, black shadow or metalhawk. thunderwing pales in comparison.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    No doubt. Metalhawk was worth it to me, but I passed on the other two based on those steep prices. I don't much care for the new faces either.