Thundercracker, Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by OOSnake, Apr 4, 2012.

1. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

Do you think we'll see the other seekers, or perhaps the coneheads at all in Prime? I've seen a few didgibashes and customs of Starscream into the other seekers, but they're just redecoes. If we did see Thundercracker or Skywarp, do you think they would just be recolours or different, for example face, or otherwise?

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

If we did, they'd be different. But I doubt they'll show.

3. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Who knows? Maybe as the story progresses, though I don't see them showing up anytime soon.
    I like Starscream's character arc how it is now, that he's on his own- absolutely alone and without any means to survive. It makes things very interesting to watch how he struggles and eventually gets back in the game on him own, without any late-Christmas gift army like Airachnid. Bringing back more seekers now would just spoil it for me, even if they wereto be loyal to Megs.

4. OOSnake

I can't imagine them bringing back the coneheads, to be honest. At least, not as coneheads, I don't imagine the cone thing would work with the Prime aesthetic. But if not coneheads, what would distinguish the likes of Ramjet and Dirge?

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I rather have the coneheads replaced by Seeker elites. Thrust, Ramjet, and Dirge could show up with stealth alt modes and be more powerful.

Though with them and Skywarp and Thundercracker, I would prefer to keep them from being Starscream copies. I rather have each seeker having their own different bodies, alt modes, and weapons.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We could very well see them in the future of the show. If they do show up at some point, we already know they won't be straight up Screamer repaints. It's the one thing they've said about any possible Seekers we might see.

7. OOSnake

They said that? Clearly I've not been keeping up with released information..

8. Thilda

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree. I believe TFP designers could make the coneheads look more badass than a fucking bear cavalry lead by a T-rex.

9. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I think, they might be different. Perhaps, they would need to choose the Earth's transport form, which they haven't chosen yet, because, for example, they haven't been here yet.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep. They said that Starscream's design is specific to his character, so they wouldn't want to use it for anybody else.

Also, on the topic of Seekers in this continuity, we've technically already met one of them, Dreadwing. I know, not one of the Seekers we're talking about, but for at least this continuity he's been added to the list. Which I like, as I think it's good that they're not limiting themselves to the originals when it comes to who can be a Seeker.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's part of a number of "only in G1" rules they're working under. Sunstreaker OR Side swipe (but not both) is another. And one similar to the Starscream/TC/SW also covers Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen.

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Or it could open up a great opportunity, i.e. he's about to be killed and the Seekers had detected their leader's energon signal on Earth, and saved him, and decided to betray Megatron with Starscream.

Although it could remove any possibilities of Bruticus...

13. Thilda

News Credits:
    I'm really digging this idea, but what worries me is that the Energon Seekers might turn out to be loyal to Megatron after all (like Dreadwing, alhough I know he wasn't an Energon Seeker). Wish we would learn what was Starscream's relationship with his subordinates when he was an Air Commander. From what we've seen he's a bitchy boss and looks down on groundlings, but then again Starscream has been studying under Megatron for years. I'd like to see camaraderie between the seekers, though I don't recollect seeing much (if any) of it in any TF series.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I immediately thought of Skywarp jeering Starscream in Fire on the Mountain back in G1, so I'd have to agree with you.

Still, always time enough for that to come in. Armada was a chance for it to have developed, the Starscream of that series was a slightly less of a jerk.

As far as having the Coneheads as elite soldiers - I love that concept. Especially if it can come with some banter on how Thrust has a bigger killcount than Starscream or something of that nature.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If they afford to make two different and kick ass design ideas, yeah why not.

Personally I'd rather have Slipstream in the show.

16. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Thundercracker be based off the G1 seeker look, and Skywarp based off the Armada seeker look

17. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Seconded. I'd rather see the Conebeads before TC and SW, honestly.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You mean do you think the show would do something I'd like?

Not Bloody Likely!

I recall there being some interview way back when where they stated they were going to stay away from re-uses like that.

19. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I would love it if Skywarp and Thundercracker showed up. I would love a blue FE Starscream.

And maybe have Ramjet in one episode. Why one episode you ask? That's simple.

Ramjet was leisurely eating some toast

Then Skywarp pushed him down the stairs and he broke his neck.

20. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Thundercracker and Skywarp would be great nostalgic nods.

Would they have been able to escape Cybertron prior to its destruction?

What if they remained together like a pair of ne'er-do-wells and what if Scream summons them to his cause?

As to thier designs, Thundercracker was supposed to be a smart guy where Warp was essentially a brutal and cunning warrior.

Maybe their vehicle forms reflect that>

Skywarp in some kind of vanilla stealth mode, Thundercracker a dual jt-thruster package as supposed to Scream's single-thruster...