Thundercracker Classics and other seekers.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cobra, Feb 15, 2007.

1. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd guess that will see at least one Starscream repaint at Botcon - either Thundercracker, Sunstorm, or one of the more obscure ones.

Personally, my Botcon prediction is for Classics Stunticons. I'm guessing someone else has thought of this too, but here goes:

Motormaster = Prime
    Dragstrip = Mirage
    Wildrider = Bumbleebee or Hotrod or Cyb Crosswise or Cyb Downshift
    Deadend = one of those guys
    Breakdown = one of those guys

That or the obvious Megatron -> Shockwave (with new head) repaint.

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Somewhat off the topic at hand, but I'd take a stab and say we will never, in a million, billion years, see a BotCon exclusive set that comprises an entire single team. Too much of a chance of leaving someone who paid and doesn't like that team feeling alienated.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I did. My first TF was G1 Thundercracker in 1984, bought well before I ever knew what Transformers were. Once I saw the cartoon series and got to know who Starscream & Skywarp were, I got them as well. When Thrust, Dirge & Ramjet were introduced, I believe I bought all 3 in one shot as soon as I saw them show up in stores.

As far as I was concerned back then, they were all unique & different characters that transformed into my second favorite thing in the world: fighter jets. Not once did I ever take note that they were all essentially the same toy (mold) just in different colors. To me, they were really no different than other groups like the Dinobots or Constructicons - I needed to have them all because they were a set.

4. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

It would be nice if wish Hasbro would devote three or four years to Classics instead of jumping right into Heroes after the movie. That way, they could put out all the seekers over a number of years.

I just really want Classics to continue.

5. Cobra

Cobra Have been lost for awhile

I never had all the seekers because I could not find them. I did not have Skywarp or Ramjet. The only classic deluxe sitting on the self in my area is Mirage.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I did. Actually I even had two of a couple of them, receiving them as unrequested gifts and deciding against returning them in favor of keeping them for the accessories, since I kept chronically breaking those damned seeker guns. Starscream, Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet were Christmas/birthday gifts, and though I don't specifically remember I assume my parents thought they were different toys because the wings were all different. When you think about it Thrust looks pretty different from Starscream to an adult who doesn't really know what they're looking at. Sure the middle mold is the same, but the rest is a pretty drastic departure.

Thundercracker I got through a Hasbro mail away program, and that was my own money spent on that, they didn't really care what I spent my own money on. I honestly don't remember where Skywarp came from. I know he was the last one I got, so I assume he came from a Hasbro mail away program also, because I think I didn't get him until 86 or 87, and he was long off store shelves by then.

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Of course, my first choice would be that the three of them are released in mass retail, and barring that, a chain exclusive (Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, etc.).

If they make them into a boxed set for Botcon with a Megs --> Shockwave/Galvatron repaint, then I could see getting them that way, too.

About the only thing I couldn't stand to deal with is if they make Thundercracker, Dirge or Thrust as an attendee exclusive. Then I'd have to resort to Ebay or ask that someone else get him for me, because I can't make Botcon this year.

Not me. I just had TC and RJ. TC I got from a trade with a neighbor and RJ I got as a present (Christmas, I think).

But I did and do want all six (still working on it) because I consider them a group as well as 6 individual characters, just as I consider Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen as different characters.

8. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

I'd bet that they're making Bludgeon, since that's all they could talk about in Grimlock's bio in the latest Club issue. Deluxe Megatron would be good for that. As for seekers... I could see Sunstorm being an exclusive, since he wasn't an original seeker anyway.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

No. If they make Bludgeon from that horrendous piece of garbage mold when there's the perfectly awesome (and already suited to it) Cybertron Unicron mold available, I'll be "HE WHO SMOKES BITCHES!" come BotCon.

The assumption that the club organizers are more interested in not pissing off the fandom than they are in pleasing people who will be paying for the set is going to come back to bite this fandom in the ass hard. A lot of people assume they "wouldn't dare" make a show seeker a BotCon or even a club exclusive because of the potential backlash. Nobody seems to consider the possibility of them trying to avoid the potential backlash from the people who actually are going to pay for them if they're toss-aways.

I have a feeling when the set and attendee exclusives are revealed, there's going to be some SERIOUS breakdowns here. Brace yourselves. The chances of there being at least one show seeker, possibly more, involved are pretty darned good.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yep... might as well start accepting the fact, you know there's going to be at least one exclusive that is something everyone will want.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge (any or all of the three) aren't Botcon exclusives. Hasbro goes on and on about how vital repaints are to fund new molds and then they drop something like Cliffjumper on us but stall on Thundercracker (who could've been in Classics Deluxe wave 2, when the Decepticons got absolutely nothing and the Autobots got $40 worth of new figures). Thrust and Dirge could still be done, probably cheaper to just retool two more sets of wings/missiles than one whole new figure.

That said, I would buy a Botcon set if that is the only way to get these guys. It would simply mean there is about $300 worth of Movie toys I'd be skipping to pay for it.

+-MWG-+

12. prowlheroic

prowlheroic Active Member

SEEKERS RULES

13. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I also don't want any of the three remaining major seekers to be used as Botcon exclusives, either.... BUT.... if there had to be one used I'd prefer it be either Thrust or Dirge, only because it might mean Botcon might have the wings remolded. And then they could use the Starscream mold for Sunstorm or something.

14. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

[edit] post self-deleted damn, I need to not post while drunk [edit]

15. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I don't think this thread needs to turn into yet another FP-hates-x-group-of-fans debate, thanks. There's been a couple hundred of those before.

16. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I think that using TC, Dirge, and Thrust would be a really smart idea for FP, but....I don't think it'd be smart for Hasbro to allow it. First if they do plan to bring Classics back, these guys are good easy repaints that can help stretch the line and limit the number of new molds they'd have to invest in. And even if they don't plan on contiuning it, a 3 Pack sold to someone like Target, TRU, or Wal-Mart will make them more money then letting FP do them, because the volume that they can order will be double or triple what FP can. So it's smart for FP, but not for Hasbro...which is why I don't think it'll happen.