Thundercracker Classics and other seekers.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cobra, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Cobra

Cobra Have been lost for awhile

Has anyone heard anything about a Classic Thundercracker, Dirge, or Thrust? I have found Starscream, Skywarp, and Ramjet. I have not heard anything out the other 3 yet. I don't want to do customs if they are going to make them.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. As far as we know, they'll never be made. But possibly as Botcon exclusives.

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    i really wish they would make'em. It not like they have to make new molds. I always wondered why they would make 3 seekers but not all 6, given the autobots outnumber the decpitcons in the classics line

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Aw man, they better not be exclusives, at least not Thundercracker.... grrrrr

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm not going to hold out hope on them being made...not anytime soon at least. So I'm making my own. Hopefully they turn out as planned.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Unfortunately there's not much sense in releasing them for Classics... imagine if they released Beast Wars Dinobot, Grimlock, Fox Kids Dinobot, Hardhead, Dinotron, and Thrustor... all within the same year. Even with half remolded, it's still basically the same toy, over and over and over... Botcon would be a great place to release them since they tend to remold a few figures every year, new wings and missiles is all Thrust and Dirge would need and it's pretty much only collectors that would buy three more jets.

They did confirm that this year's box set would use Classics molds and there are precious few options they could do for exclusives from them... I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining seekers were released there.

7. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I bought extra Starscreams because I had a strong feeling Hasbro would leave us hanging by not giving us Thundercracker. Time to brush up the old kitbashing skills...

8. defstar

defstar Autobot...

If I'm a big gear at Hasbro...I see this as a no brainer...with classics you already have the older TF fan's attention...(the ones who actually have the money to spend on toys)...no new molds needed just fresh paint...put'em on the shelves and make the easy money...

I plan on waiting till the end of the year for new seekers...if nothing then i'll be kit bashing my own like many others...

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

With Classics, I'm just hoping that they're lying low until the movie buzz dies down before coming out with the next 'wave' of figures just to bridge any gaps between the movie line and the 'Heros' line. Classics is too good a line so far to just be a small blip on the radar, with both kids and collectors, so I'm hoping it ends up similar to how Alts did and gets a few new releases when nothing else major is happening.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

if they do come as botcon exclusives I think they will quickly become the most desired TFs of the time.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even if they do use the Classics Seeker mold for Botcon, i'd be surprised if that set included Thundercracker and, Thrust AND Dirge.

12. Cobra

Cobra Have been lost for awhile

They would make nice Botcon exlusives, but I have not been able to go for a few years now. Plus they could do them as store exclusives like Skywarp. It does make sense to make them all in the fact that this is the "classic line", but from a business point of view.

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I will be fucking pissed.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Ditto times about 5. This is the best version of the seekers I've ever seen, and I really want to get the full set.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

This is a common misconception. What was said was that the BotCon Exclusives this year will fit in with Classics, not necessarily use Classics molds. However, it's almost a given that we'll see one or two of the Classics molds re-used, in addition to a few Cybertron and maybe even some Energon molds.

And I wouldn't bet against seeing all three other seekers as BotCon exclusives. However, there's equal chances we'll get some of the show seekers that remain un-named. I'd kill for that green guy.

Nobody knows nothing 'bout nothing beyond "Classics Related" at this point though.

16. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The problem with that is that most people want a thundercracker, but aren't willing to spend $300 on it for a BotCon set.

17. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Having what is basically six of the same figure on the shelf at the same time would be a pretty bad idea, especially when there aren't six waves of classics to do it in. I'm thinking exclusives (store versus sets or botcon) would really be the best way to go with these.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

I would think a box/gift set as a store exclusive would go a long way. With that mold, there are a ton of possibilities, there was that page that was mentioned not long ago with about 30 color schemes for the Seeker mold that they could draw from.

19. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Same here. They'll make them unaffordable.

20. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I'm sick of all this botcon exclusive crap..... why do hasbro keep making it so difficult to get cool toys? it is bad they are exclusive, it is even worse botcon is usa only. Try get em outside of botcon and bang goes the bank account...even the older timelines set is goin for like $300 on bbts. Stinks it does.