Thundercats are Go!!!! NEW SERIES ANNOUNCED...and moreprimeland got it canceLed?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sideswipe1954, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Everybody loved the Butter Knife of Omens and Toddler Shield.
    thundercats--2011----bandai---sword-of-omens---claw-shield-p-image-354484-grande[1].jpg

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    For some reason the title of this thread got my attention, did I uhh... miss something?

Anyone wanna fill me in?

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh, I thought moreprimeland got Thundercats roar canceled as well. But it's about my favorite version :( 

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Oh, I see what's going on.

The 2011 series was a solid 10 out of 10 that got effed over by the network, it's a travesty that it was canceled prematurely.

• Like Like x 7
  5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The series was really good. It's a shame it was cut short but not surprising.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I still want to see it finished.

Edit:
    Wait, what? It's been 10 years??? Where has the time been?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I lost track of this series & never did see all of it. I should make a point to watch it all. It’s the only TCats show that I genuinely liked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was so disappointing when they cancelled it. It didn't help when they kept playing the same few episodes constantly, and you never knew when we'd be getting new ones (it was almost like they were deliberately sabotaging it.).

Also they should have had a promo theme at the beginning of each episode as a hook like many cartoons had.

At the very least I'd wished they'd completed the story. That series deserved better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I wish someone would pick this series back up and air 1 final season to wrap everything up.

Same way I wish someone would pick up The Transformers from season 4 and wrap everything up with the powermasters and all. We never got to see how Optimus Prime becomes a Powermaster.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well there is the Japanese version, but it isn't prime it's Ginrai.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodimus

Yeah, the magical morphing of humans controlling a non-sentient body that makes Optimus Prime look like a machine slave doesn't really do it for me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The body becomes sentient at the end of the series and they drop the humans. The bodies are basically learning and copying the humans personalities.

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish this show came back via kickstarter or fan votes, same as Young Justice. It was amazing.
    I thought this topic was about Roar and how it was cancelled, though... which I did not know, and now I am happy that it was cancelled. Time to open the champagne! Now if Teen Titans Go could go the way of the dodo too...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Recently finished watching the Netflix She-Ra after having been convinced to give it a try. Really enjoyed it.

The whole sci-fi/fantasy setting of that show reminded me that I needed to actually rewatch the 2011 ThunderCats, which to this very day, I have STILL not seen all of.

Powered through the first 3 eps to kick things off. My wife has never seen any TC ever, but both she & my oldest kid (nearly 8 years old) are both enjoying it. He says it’s “pretty cool.”

She loves cat people & this show is full of them, so that’s a plus right there.

Anyway, I never got into the original ThunderCats. Much like the original He-Man & She-Ra, I just didn’t like them very much as a kid. As an adult, I gave the show another chance, watching the entire first 2 seasons & still just couldn’t get into it.

But I love the 2011 series. The premise is already much more solid. I like that they made Thundera a kingdom & not a planet. Having the cats, lizards, mutants, Mumm-Ra & all the rest hail from the same world makes more sense to me, condenses everything nicely, and eliminates some of the insane coincidences.

I also like that they don’t do any of that “boy in a man’s body” stuff with this Lion-O. He still has plenty to learn without him literally being a kid that woke up fully grown one day.
    I like his rivalry with Tygra. Cheetara, Kit & Kat are all good. Everything is firing on all cylinders so far. The show is off to a good start.

Also, I forgot how beautiful all the scenery & backdrops are. This is one good looking show.

Anyway that’s all for now. With only 26 episodes, we’re going to power through this one fast.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I rewatched that series recently and it's so disappointing that it didn't get a 2nd season, it was such a great show that was ruined by Cartoon Network.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Yeah & the toyline sold poorly too. I hate when a good show is canceled because the toys didn’t sell. And especially when the toys suck, & the bare minimum effort was put into them.

Has there been any good quality merch released for this show since then? I would hope some company out there would take notice of the love people still have for this show & finally give them something good.

It happened for Bucky O Hare & that show was way more niche & obscure!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I just saw this video & it’s amazing what a good coat of paint can do.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rodimus

This Thundercats show was very Disney-esque. It's a tragic shame it didn't get another season.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Knocked out Tower of Omens & Legacy. I forgot that Mumm-Ra has his own version of a Thunder-Tank. And it’s actually pretty awesome!

IMG_0635.jpeg

Mumm-Ra riding in style.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's out on BR now, I have recently replaced my DVDs with those.

In the 2011 show universe, it is the Thundertank that was copied off from Mumm-Ra's sarcophagus tank, as lesser versions for his cat soldiers to use. Panthro found one in the pyramid when he and Grune discovered Mumm-Ra.

I liked the toys just fine. I was only collecting the larger better articulated ones, but now that it has been cancelled I started to buy the smaller ones too for the characters who never got bigger toys - it's eerily the same thing that happened with MOTU 2021 after that got cancelled...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024