THS-02B Black Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SamiWCP, Feb 24, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Got mine in the mail today, and it's love, for the msot part. It's exactly what you'd think it is..Particularly if you had the regular version. It's a black Prime repaint, with the teal and red tones added in. The only thing I didn't care for was that it's all still marked autobot. For the most part, Nemesis Prime, Scourge, Black Convoy etc is a Decepticon. The box it came in is cool, but doesn't have the quality showcasing aspect the other original THS had. Still, if you like this figure, it's worth the price of it, and great to have. The new heads and the extra guns alone make it even more so cool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Nice pics.. but if you dont mind me asking approximately how big are these?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    like a basic. about 4-4.5 inches tall.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Nice pics. Don't get me wrong, I think these things are well engineered and they look fantastic in pictures, but the price, the quality control problems I've been hearing about, the fragility, and the size are all dealbreakers for me. I saw them in person at the store and I could not BELIEVE how small these things were.

Anyway, I hope I'm not offending you...I'm not trying to be offensive here. Just wanted to let people know that these things are worth a serious double-thinking through if you're going to buy it without first seeing it in person.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I got mine yesterday, and LOVE him. And not just because he's black either ;) 

He is a mini Masterpiece, IMO and the poses he can take on are limitless, especially with the stand.

The extras that he comes with were a nice touch. At least you get something extra for the added cost compared to the first one.

Like Sami, the only thing I didn't like was the Autobot logo, so I slapped a reprolabels' Decepticon faction symbol on mine. I didn't add one to the trailer, as I'm hoping Reprolabels does a decepticon set for the trailer, or I'll have someone custom make some for me if I need to.

He gets an A- from me, with his only setback being the truck mode - but who am I kidding, he's gonna be on display on my desk, so I'll probably never even transform him, unless I do get reprolabels and want some Alt mode pics.

[​IMG]

6. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Yeah i just recently got THS-01 GF Convoy, and my buddy has the G1 version, and i have to say that they have a ridiculous amount of detail, accessories, and articulation.. well worth what i paid for him.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Still waiting for my ths02(wife missed the mailman yesterday ) But it sure looks sweet in black .

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hawt!

If I didnt plan on getting BT Black Convoy I'd be all over that.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone have pics of the extra heads?

10. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks Sami!

They look pretty neat.

12. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Nice pics.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I need one of those...the G2-ification parts for the original are a dealmaker for me.

14. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    I really dig the chromed silver Autobot symbol. I like it better than the original red chromed one. I wouldn't recommend this exclusive to all TF fans, but if you are a completist, a black repaint fan or got extra cash to burn this guy is pretty cool.

My only minor gripe is that the packaging did not come with a window flap like the original THS-02. The box art is very cool, but one of the best things about the original packaging is that you could show off all the THS accessories at once (which there are a lot of).

Can anyone translate the comic on the back of the box?

15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Love those pics of the heads Sami. I didn't realize that they were so different from the original THS-02 head. I think I like the new ones more and I may be switching them out for good. Anyway, it will be really nice to have the option. Also, I am kind of a sucker for the NP repaints. I will also be putting a Decepticon symbol on the shoulder until reprolabels makes a full set for this guy.

Very nice pics all. Can't wait for mine to come on Mon or Tues.

16. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    OK, got mine last night and I really do like the little guy. The paint is great, it is a nice glossy black that shines well under my display lights. The joints are solid, a little too solid possibly since I felt like I almost had to break his elbows to get them to move. The new guns really set him apart from the original THS Prime (that is THS-02, not -01, I do know the difference) and the additional heads are great fun.

My only gripes would be the blandness of the box, the fact that the instructions are just reprinted THS-02 instructions w/ no changes to the pics representing the color changes and the Autobots insignias. The first 2 can be ignored and I am sure that reprolabels will provide the appropriate insignias in due time.

Overall, he is a great counterpart to THS-01 Prime and they do look perfect together. Other than those few things, I would recommend him if you feel like blowing $80+ on a really quite small figure.

Later tonight check my collection thread below for some pics w/ him mixed in w/ the rest of my figures.

17. IOIIOOO

IOIIOOO Botographer to the Stars

Does anyone know what the back story for the character is? The manga images on the back are pretty trippy - it looks like Galvatron is about to kill Prime when this black Optimus (Nemesis Prime? Scourge?) saves him?

18. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I have a question: I thought I saw somewhere that the ends of the G2 guns are missiles like the original G2 guns. Am I wrong? All the pictures I can find show a missile-like cross section, but I haven't seen any pictures or reviews that confirm that.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

That's the way I "read" it too. I sure would like to have a translation. Anyway, I guess I'm one of the few that appreciate the fact that this Black Convoy is a Cybertron, not a Destron Scourge.

20. IOIIOOO

IOIIOOO Botographer to the Stars

If someone can post or point me to a photo of the back of the THS-02B box, I can send it to a friend who's fluent in Japanese and post what it says.