THS-02 Prototype!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jan 4, 2006.

1. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I like it. I'm getting it.

But what do I know? I loved MP Convoy, RM Convoy and THS-01 Galaxy Convoy. Judging by some replies here and in the AllSpark, those were also bad toys because the truck mode was not convincing enough and/or didn't hold together. :rolleyes: 

-airfox

2. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Let's see we have: The original, MP/20th, WST, RM, and now THS. How many more versions of G1 Prime do we need? I love the guy as much as anybody, but I don't understand Takara's desire to do the same thing over and over again. However, I guess there are plenty of people who will like this. It just does nothing for me.

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Hopefully, after the inevitble versions that will come in the "G1 Redux" and Movie lines, they can give G1 prime a rest for another 10-20 years. I like Prime as a fire truck more conceptually anyways :p 

Because Armada and Energon Prime's had so much more convincing truck and well-proportioned robot modes :rolleyes: 

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He's alright, but I'm not too keen on the robot mode proportions. I'm probably going to hang fire on this one.

5. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

i like it but way to many primes are comming out
    i have 6" galaxy convoy (which is awsome)this look great but i shall wait until final product pics b4 jumping the gun

6. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm not saying I don't like the idea, I particularly just would like to see the finished product before making a final judgement.

7. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

This was on my "To Buy" list before the proto pics were first released!

It is an awesome looking figure.

8. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Freaking sweet! Can't wait to get mine.

9. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    And the ChoroQ and the TF Jr. version; and the ActionMaster, the various PVC/HoC and Metalforce Convoy if we count non-transforming figures. Not to mention the original has been re-released in G2, TRU C.S., Japan non-TFC reissue, TFC, New Year Convoy, a couple of Pepsi Primes, etc.

I don't. To me, RiD Optimus Prime will always be Fire Convoy (or Inferno Prime which is the name I hoped Hasbro would've given the toy for its american release)

P.S.: I agree. Give G1 Prime a rest.
    P.S.2: Inferno Prime because G1 Inferno was my very first Transformer back in the day and because they're both fire trucks.

-airfox

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Well it hasn't impressed me yet, as much as I like G1 Prime, this one seems a bit too chunkified and tiny. I'll have to wait and see if it's worth my moneys.

11. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Yes, because Shoji Kawamori is a nobody and has no idea how to design good toys.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Kawamori has been going downhill, since Macross. The VF-1s kicked ass, but I've been less than impressed with everything he's done since. Mac2 was the only Macross sequel with a decent valk, and he didn't design it. The Aquarion designs are just weird.

Now, he's destroyed Prime's alt mode. (not that Has/Tak needed any help with that.)

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    A heap of shit squeezed out by Picasso is still a heap of shit.

And a badly deformed truck mode designed by a Japanese superstar designer is still a badly deformed truck mode.

14. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm liking both robot and vehicle modes for the THS-02 Optimus Prime.

15. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh... It'll be a seller ot the peons. It's got Roller, its got the trailer, its got the jetpack, its even got the freakin Autobot emblem stand for kickass poses assuming he's not friging loose and heavy as hell. And for the suposed $50 price tag, well worth if your looking into the THS market.

16. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I see that as a fairly legitimate complaint. The whole point of a Transformer is that it transforms into something recognisable. I can forgive futuristic alt modes (I like them a lot actually) and I can forgive just plain stupid looking alt modes, so long as their in the main line. The main line is aimed at children, not adult collectors and is priced as such and generally it shows in the quality of the toys. The mainline has produced some stunning figures but you still get what you pay for.
    On the other hand this item is aimed at adult collectors. For it's size and price I expect a high quality piece. High quality is a good level of articulation, high detail, good paint apps and a solid alt mode. If you're not going to give it a solid alt mode why bother making it transform at all?
    My point is basically this: If Takara are going to do something and expect us to fork out a good deal of cash for it then they has better do it right.

17. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Badly deformed? Welcome to the world of hperbole.

You can't expect perfection from a mass produced 4" tall, highly articulated, transforming robot. It's just not feasible. It still looks like a truck, right? Specifically like G1 Primes truck mode, right? I mean when you look at it you don't think "What the hell is that thing? Is it an emu? Is it an ipod? Is it a small wire haired terrier named Gerald? Oh wait, I see, it's some kind of truck.". It may not be perfect, but then how many mass produced 4" tall transforming robots are?

18. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    Compared to say:

:rolleyes: 

19. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Enigmatic by nature

I agree with this 100%
    How can a transformer aimed at collecters with a crappy alt mode be OK?
    If that's the case I generally expect the robot mode to be absolutely spot on, which isn't even true of this toy.
    It has an interesting, possibly even adventurous transformation though, which I do like.

20. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

Ok, I have a few questions. I payed for mine on Dec 18th. Now I'm waiting for it. Ok, do his fingers move?. Is that his final color? Cause I kinda liked the grey look fefore. Is that about the size of Gen one Prime? It comes with a trailer right?............yeah I know, I payed for it without knowing what I was buying......but i'm just a DIE HARD TF fan!!!!