THS-02 Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sonscreen, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

This little guy is awesome. The whole package feels so well designed. It's amazing how they were able to squeeze Masterpiece level articulation into such a little figure. He's kind of like a Masterpiece Convoy that got shrunk down but with Barbie type accessories. :D 

He's got swappable fists, his rifle can "transform" so that Roller can "hold" it. He has a matrix, the Energy Axe, the Side swipe rocket pack. The repair bay/trailer is actually fun to mess around. The trailer is cool in that you can attach his weapons inside for safe storage.

The little stand on top of the Autobot insignia is cool in that it gives him an airborn effect if you like to take pics.

The bad part is that he's too small and I had to be extremely gentle in transforming. If only he were the size of a deluxe. He would've been perfect.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    heheh. i dub thee, barbie prime.

haha! sonscreen plays with barbie.

i already have a 4" prime. RM prime. not really big on this scale. i agree a deluxe scale would be a dealbreaker for those sitting on the fence like myself.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't care how much of a mess the truck cab is (and if you look from a distance and try not to look at the sides...it's almost passable :D  )... THS-02 is just too awesome for words! I love the big bulky styling of the 'bot mode. It's a vastly different take on the Optimus design compared to the Masterpiece version. It's great seeing how different designers approch the same robot, especially when the results are this good.

But the real story with THS-02 is that there's just so much to do with the lil' guy. He'll be in a different pose on your display shelf every day. Somedays he'll be flying on his stand with his jet pack. Some days he'll be manning the big gun on his trailer base. Some days he'll be pointing a finger doing a disco dance. Hell, some days he'll even be in truck mode (the trailer just looks to good). It's just a great toy with endless display value. As good as THS-01 was, this is even better. Even if THS continues to be a Prime-only line, I hope it goes on for many, many more figures.

Now, Takara-Tomy.... THS-03 God Ginrai? Please? Pretty please? I'd be your best friend forever....

4. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Am I the only one that has issues bringing his head up when going into robot mode?

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, I do too. It seems to get tougher to do it every time.

6. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    No, me too. I actually scratched the face plate up some.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what's the deal with that specifically? I have him on the way... not enough clearance or is it just really picky on how you have to bring it up to avoid rubbing??

8. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

I'd say not enough clearance. I couldn't see any other way to do it.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I got him today, damnit he is sexy *L* I don't have any problems with my faceplate when bringing the head up.. the only part that is tricky is the verrrry tip of the central crest... but if you wiggle the back flap as you work the head up, you can get that to clear without rubbing. everything else is great. only popped off the forearm piece once, but it pops right back on, clearly designed to do just that. the trailer is everything I had hoped for :D  I cannot wait to see what THS 03 will be!

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You have to rotate his back head cover (with the bottom part bent up) at the same time you rotate his head up. You get the hang of it quickly.

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah.. I've figured itout. just don't open it, then rotate head, but do both together and it works quite well :)  damnit I love this toy :lol 

Andy

12. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

I missed out on THS-02 Convoy the first time around, but didn't make that mistake yesterday when I stopped by at Image Anime. What an awesome collector's piece mini-convoy is! With tax and everything, the price came out to $70.44. Not too bad, and I was close to buying Battle Convoy or Magnus (Laser OP/Magnus), but luckily I made the right choice of buying THS-02 Convoy. Still haven't opened it yet, debating when I should free him from the plastic trays and clear rubberbands. Any suggestions?

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    um, do it yesterday :p  you'll never regret it!

14. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Takara went waaaaay beyond the call of duty on this one. This piece is a work of art. I was so amazed transforming him, and I am still pouring over the details at the moment. I don't see why everyone slams the cab so much, but I do like the details like the cab's "sunroof". Looks great from the front, and ok from the sides. I was expecting much much worse. But after I transfromed him correctly I was very satisfied. I think it blows away Robot Masters Prime's cab mode.

the trailer is just a 10 out of 10. Roller's wheels are even linked like an altenator for crying out loud. Spring loaded loading ramp? Amazing.

15. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Just got him at Anime Expo yesterday for $48. This dude is rockin'!!! Love the articulation and overall look. The trailer is amazingly detailed and if we get something like this out of the new official MP-04 trailer, I'm just gonna have to break the bank on that too. Cab mode is kinda odd looking with the chest sticking out, but I can live with it. And he doesn't take up a lot of room, so I'm sure I can find a place to display him somewhere...

Makes me wanna get THS-01...

16. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I wouldn't recommend it, THS-02 is far better. I'm throwing my THS-01 on Ebay...

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
    why wouldn't you want to have both? that gives you a complete line at the least, and 01 isnt' bad by any means either! :p 

18. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I just wasn't taken with it - and if you move the arms too much then the shoulders fall off. I'm not a completist, I just like to have the best of each line. So THS01 will go back in his box and labelled "displayed only, never transformed" and hopefully someone on Ebay will bite. They are a little hard to get hold of. Then I can use that cash to invest in something else. Resisue Blitzwing maybe, the local toyshop has one, and a Soundblaster...

19. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Such a trustworthy being!

Just got this guy yesterday (on the 20th Anniversary of his death in the movie no less), and all I can say is:

Damn.

Thank you TakaraTomy.

On a side note, I wonder how many other ways Takara can think of to Transform Prime/Convoy's animated robot mode into something resembling his truck mode.

This is their third try, and none of the three really overlap in transformation scheme at all.

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Everything Sonscreen said is true (ironic I agree so much since I got mine from him), I love this little guy (only "G1" Prime I own with a trailer except Powermaster prime).

My Favorite thing about him though is his Stand that lets you put the peg in his crotch so he can fly with the borrowed jet pack on!