Minor/Repaint: Thrust with no mods just paint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Well my Seeker family is finally finished. Sorry there are no fun mods added like G1 wings or even old school color schemes but hell I like them. I already know Dirge's exclusive release won't have new wings so why would Thrust's? This project of mine was born out of contempt for overly priced repaints, but has become a new hobby so there is some good in the bad.

Keep in mind I am pretty new to the repainting game and the colors I chose were chosen to make me happy. I only hope others will find joy in them too. Thanks for everyone's kind words on my last few projects.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

They all came out really good. I can understand you not wanting to mod them but I couldn't see any color on Dirges wings. It would be hard for Thrust but Dirge wings were entirely a golden/brown color (whatever color you want to call it).
    Thats the only thing I can suggest to change. All the body colors are right on.

Edit: on second look, don't you have Thundercracker and Dirges color reversed. Dirge was a lighter blue and Thundercracker was darker. Since the bottom middle one has a cone head, I am assuming that one is Dirge.

3. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Nice, good work.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I like the flat, dark colors of both Dirge and Thrust, I think the white [or at least the parts that look white] is too much of a contrast though. Maybe a light grey to kill some of the shine but still not blend into the wings and fins.

Excellent work.

5. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

awesome man and i dig the color scemes there sweet.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Wow, he's right, technically they are reversed. But I find they're... interestingly more accurate to their names this way. A dirge is a sorrowful / mournful or grief-laden song for the dead. Subdued, usually, not something bright or flashy or that demands your attention.

Thundercracker, on the other hand, evokes imagery like lightning or explosion.

Anyway, aside from all that, you did an excellent job on all 3 customs. Thrust's coloring is unbearably awesome, and the ramjet detailing just makes him pop. I'm jealous of you, simply because I can't pick these guys up and play with them at my discretion. Congrats!

7. helix

helix Well-Known Member

man you got those really clean and the paint looks superb. love the gold on thrust.

excellent job.

8. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Those fricken rule, man...I'm stumped on Thrust's wings myself and like you, I'm thinking of just doing a straight repaint..Good work!

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, actually, thus far, the Botcon exclusive sets have all had some degree of remolds on a few of the figures. Thrust will probably have new wings, and Dreadwind'll probably get a new head/heads.

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Looks great, especially the finish on the paint. Good work.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

I really can't imagine making my own set of these with my skills. Nor can I imagine making them as good as yours! Even though they aren't completely Generation One accurate, you still pulled it off! Because of this comendable effort, nobody can touch your set!

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work!