Thrust and Drift

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, Jul 5, 2010.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There have been so many reports of new TF items hitting the shelves at toy stores in recent weeks. The Hunt for Decepticons and power core combiners I have seen at retail...and I was lucky enough to score 2 of the Generations figures, Prime and Bumblebee from WFC...but what is it with Thrust and Drift? I don't really have any interest in Drift, and I'll wait until the Blurr recolor comes out to buy it, but I just don't understand the lack of these 2 figures not being on shelves when most of the other new items are being found.

Thrust is a must have for me, and since its Wave 1 with the Prime and Bumblebee..and here it is in July, I'm amazed at the complete lack of availability across the country. I'm wondering if this is an intentional thing by Hasbro, or if its a store issue...I'm leaning towards the former on this one, since they are in charge of the distribution.

Any thoughts on this? Just venting I guess LOL

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This sort of thing does not belong in News and Rumors.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Prime and Bee got shipped in their own wave before Drift and Thrust got added back into it. Not sure if thats whatscausing this though. We're getting the whole wave here in the UK.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Two different case packings are the reason. Some cases only have WFC, while the others are getting all four. Have patience grasshopper.

5. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    be that in some forbidden planets ¬_¬ none in glasgow yet

6. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to my knowledge, there is no "2 different case per wave"

there is only 1 kind of case
    consist of:
    2 wfc bee
    2 wfc op
    2 Drift
    2 Thrust

the lack of availability probably due scalpers beat you to it

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    WFC prime and Bee was released in its own case before Thrust and Drift.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Only two toys out of the entire wave being exclusively scalped all across the country? Two toys that don't have any greater rarity or demand than Optimus and Bumblebee? Highly unlikely.

I've seen the Generations figures at one TRU - the pegs were totally full with just Optimus and BB. IF Thrust and Drift had been bought up then there would be space on the pegs. And I don't imagine that the stockers only put out half of the available figures and put the other ones on the shelf. I'd definitely say that we're looking at solid Prime/BB cases.

It's not that hard to believe, really. Remember, these two figures have been available at some online retailers already while Thrust and Drift haven't. These figures are likely being pushed out more as a tie-in to the recently released game. The other two will surface eventually, probably around when Target and Wal-Mart reset their toy section and begin carrying all the new stuff.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think it just comes down to the classics as being more popular. I haven't found Thrust yet either. Once the other stores start getting these you'll find them.

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    The short version - the first initial releases of Generations only shipped the WFC guys. I've seen multiple reports on many boards of people getting to fresh cases only to find the WFC doods.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  11. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even when they do show up in the shipments, it very well may end up being like Animated Arcee. There will be goofballs scooping up every one they see for the next few weeks to scalp. Eventually, supply will overwhelm them, and you'll get them. I haven't seen either one of them yet either (which is annoying since the TRU sale is now over). Oh well, I'm sure Target or WM will have them on sale one of these weeks and there will be more than enough to go around.

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Are you guys sure the WFC guys shipped in a case all by themselves initially? Because Drift and Thrust appeared down here way back in May.

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I think is was said on page one, but yes. Dudes have been there when they opened fresh cases and the only thing in them were the WFC figures.

14. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    It seems the case assortment appears to be differ in the States from other international releases. Like in Aust, here in SG, all four are included in each case.

15. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    That's about it. I spoke with a TRU employee last week, and he stocked the shelves himself that morning. He told me that the case he opened was all WFC Prime and BB. He was annoyed, since he wanted a Drift himself......

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Thrust and Drift are in Wave 1.5, so only the WFC figs cases were pushed out first. The 1.5 wave will be saturating retail soon enough. I'm not going to jump the gun and run to scalpers like I did with Arcee...

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    There is a case of 8 that has only Prime and Bee.

Revision 2.(i think)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  18. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It's a case of Your Mileage May Vary. I've seen Thrust more than any of the other newly released figures so far (4 of him as opposed to no more than 2 of any other). All this stuff will be very easy to come by once Target and Walmart start stocking it, and in a few months' time we'll be complaining about it clogging the stores up and keeping later waves from being stocked.

19. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've ONLY seen Thrust and Drift so far. Picked up the last Drift on the peg at Toyz and Gamez in Norwich on Saturday, but they had plenty of Thrusts left.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

There's two different case assortments, the WFC promo case of Prime and Bee, and then the full Generations Wave 1 case with Thrust and Drift included.