throwing away boxes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron10824, Sep 30, 2011.

1. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

how many of you guys throw away your boxes i recently throw away all my boxes except my masterpieces and im really regretting it how about you guys?

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Cut them up, keep the backs and throw the rest away.

3. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I do this to all of my boxes except for MP-04 and MP-05. I also cut up my JustiToys MP-05 upgrade kit and placed the panels in my MP-05 box.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i toss 'em except for my japanese ones, MP ones, and sometimes my Optimus/Megatron ones

i used to keep em ALL but i just dont have the room!

no regrets though. i buy these for the toys, not the boxes! :p 

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    ^Same here. keping my MP and vintage boxes only. those that are valuable.
    movie stuff bubble/backing cards i throw.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I toss them. Unless its something awesome and expensive like MPs or 3rd party stuff..

7. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

I throw them out. They take up too much space.

8. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to keep all the packaging for my figures, but it proved to be a huge waste of space; I never wanted to keep the figures boxed up, and I'm not that sentimental about the packaging.

I still have a couple of boxes for some of the more expensive/exclusive figures, but the average Classic/Voyager packaging I just toss away.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I throw them all out. The only ones I kept for a while there were the Legends class because of their instructions. Since throwing them away, now I'm wondering if there's anywhere that maybe has PDFs of the instructions/cardbacks.

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Exactly this. I also keep a box if I think there is a chance I might sell it in the future, but with my stuff spread over three adresses I sometimes end up selling a toy and then finding the box months later as I did with pissy movie Jetfire.
    I would have loved to have kept the Animated packaging, but I just don't have space.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Never intentionally, but shortly before I moved, my parents threw a bunch of them out, and since my figures weren't exact a top priority at the time, I didn't even know about it until years later when I looked for em. I kept the ones for my big star wars shit & everything I've bought from 07 onward, though. I'll probably never sell that stuff anyway, but I'm still glad I kept em.

I've actually got cardbacks & shit in a drawer now, but I really regret not keeping the old ones. :( 

12. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    I keep all the boxes, I don't have too many in my collection that they're going put me in an episode of 'Hoarders'. But I'm facing reality that one day, eventually my collection will have to be sold (whether a few years from now or 30 years from now) and the packaging ups the selling price by almost 1/3 ...

13. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    You can try selling em :)  why throw away when u can do something with em :) 

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i only really collect mp and 3rd party stuff so keep the boxes

15. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I save them all in my fathers attic. Yes it takes up a lot of space but the space is big enough. Also, I've been collecting for over 12 years now so there is a LOT of cardboard there. I consider it part of my collection. Just not the part I have on display.

iDD

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For most boxes, I clip out any bios, stats, artwork or other interesting stuff, scan them into my computer and then throw out the physical copies and the remainder of the box. The only time I keep a package is if it's something from FansProject, a Club exclusive or if the item is fragile enough that I'll need the package to secure it for moving (ie - Masterpiece figures).

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I had all these plans that I'd make some sort of crazy ass collage using old card backs, tech specs, and the artwork.

Then I realized all I was doing was taking up a mountain of space in my storage closet. Except for the rare/Japanese stuff, bye bye boxes.

18. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Keep all the boxes. Most are stored or displayed in boxes now

19. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Right now I probably have about 200 boxes and cardbacks,bout half are tore down flat.Now as for those I have done I pretty much just keep the outer box or backing,I just toss the box inserts and bubbles.To me with them flat they don't take up a tenth of the room,and that way if I ever decide to sell some they will retain most of there value.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I only keep G1 collector/book style reissue boxes, anything with a Takara/Tomy logo on it (Henkei, Masterpiece, Music Label), or anything pertaining to a 3rd party product. The regular domestic stuff goes into the trash, although I do feel somewhat wasteful in doing it. I sort of wish that Hasbro would create bookstyle boxes for all of their releases, although that would certainly drive up the cost.