Thoughts & Questions on Wheelie & Cyclonus Spotlights released this week [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus_2316, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodimus_2316

Rodimus_2316 Virtual TF Member

Wheelie:

Given as how universally-hated this character is, I originally wondered if this story could be any good. Lo and behold, Furman does it again and actual make the character somewhat interesting. Here, he doesn't rhyme all the time (at least not until near the end, when he learns it from an alien). Furman really plays on the whole "survivalist" thing Wheelie's known for; stranded on an alien planet, trying to surive. He was sent on some missing via space ship, but his ship got caught in a radiation belt, and crashed on a carbon-based planet. He struggles with the many many years he's there, and the damage from dealing with the local creatures, and runs into the Reflector bots who crashed there recently. He makes an alien friend, from who he learns to rhyme from, takes out the last 2 Refelctor bots when taking Wheelie's new escape ship from him with leaving a bomb inside, and stays with the alien and his friends at the end. Also, there's a weirdly-familiar cave-painting shown right at the end. I'm sure any TransFan can figure what it's supposed to be, but for why, I guess we'll have to wait.

Cyclonus:

This one was a little hard to follow, as it continues with the events from other Spotlights, and the main books, and it's hard to follow when you read as many books as me. Seems he's from wherever this continuity's Galvatron is from, disgusted with what's become of Cybertron, trying to save it, and bringing back the evil Thunderwing for some reason. Anyone know who all the bots were at the very end? I recognized Galvatron. Was the guy in the middle some form of Nemesis Prime, as mentioned by Cyclonus? The guy behind Galvatron looks like Straxus from Marvel G1.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    There's already a thread for each of these in the comics forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.