Thoughts on Volcanius?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dropkick, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Grumpy Old Veteran

News Credits:
    That is a very general statement, and I would disagree. While some CW torso-bots are very compromised, like Silverbolt, some are good, and you hardly notice that they are combiners. I'm having a hard time picking out a CW limb-bot that is really hurt by the combiner connector, maybe the truck mode, with the front of the truck sitting up so high on the back but that's an aesthetic choice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie NYEH HEH HEH

I always wanted a Dinobot combined. The fact that they are also very G1 toy looking (minus Swoop which I'm very confused on still) makes me super excited. Is it perfect? No. However I am sure it will be a fun combiner to mess with and go up against Abominus.

3. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Incorrect. Slash is male in the Bayverse and is more like the 7th Dinobot (Grimlock, Scorn, Slug Strafe, Snarl, Slog, and Slash). Slash was never in any of the movies.
    Female Slash is part of the G1verse and is the 7th Dinobot also (Grimlock, Swoop, Snarl, Slag, Sludge, Paddles, and Slash)

Speaking of Slash, has anyone figured out if she combines with Volcanius or if she has a weapon mode?

4. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    8th actually if we count idw as g1, there was skary that was the teams medic before grimlock accidentally killed him

5. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

I never understood why the Dinobots weren't a combiner, they should have been the ultimate weapon in their combined form !

Besides that lack of combining, my interest for dinosaurs was (and is) very low, so the dinobots were a very easily pass group

Now, after 33 years, I can say I am interested in the Dinobots because Hasbro and Takara listened their fans and the group can be combined

But the bad news is Volcanicus isn't a titan class, the design is cool but the back is very simple and the feet are tiny, so I am a bit disapointed

To sum up: Great idea and design but we need a 3P that make an oversized version with extra parts for the back (although an oversized Slash could be cool for that job) and new feet for a good representation of a battle between UW Devastator and titan class Volcanicus

6. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    There seems to be at least ten Dinobots.

Dinobot (G1) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 2
  7. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Slash's TFWIKI.NET page claims that the AOE version is also intended to be female

8. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    They have to be a combiner now because even Long Haul makes 4 out of 5 of the G1 Dinobots on a shelf look like a laughingstock... nevermind what an individual Predacon will when the Titan Predaking hits :p 

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    7 male Dinos, 1 female Dino.....no wonder they went extinct.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

I like it. I'm just a bit concerned over torso stability. It's looking a bit Menasor-y to me... D:

The individual robos look pretty swell!

11. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I feel like it's just a gimmick that doesn't need to be there, and whenever they force these gimmicks into toys (like that Titan Master Galvatron) it just serves to make the toy overall worse. I can already hear the YouTube reviews, "His _____ doesn't really work very well, but this piece needs to be here for the combiner gimmick, so what can you do?"

• Like Like x 3
  12. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

I don't mind if Slash is female. I just hope, being a raptor, somewhere in her profile they refer to her as being a "clever girl". You know, for the lulz.

If that went over your head, watch Jurassic Park.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really excited for the Dinobots in general, though more for their individual forms than their combined state. I'll probably put it together to snap a few pictures, and then leave them on display separately.

That said, the thing looks damn cool.

14. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Anyone try giving those Volcanicus Proto pix a digibash..

15. funkmonkey007

funkmonkey007 Bah weep gragnah

I find it a shame that a non combining team like the Dinobots are becoming an official combiner. Yeah, there was Grimstone in PCC, but the G1 Dinobots? Part of what made them cool to me was the fact that they were a brutal enough wrecking crew that they didn't need to combine.
    I haven't bothered with the third party teams, and I don't think I'll bother with the official one. The shoulders look hinky, I already have the AOE Dinobots, and the idea of him just bugs me.
    Also, combiner teams get dumber upon combination. How brain dead is Volcanicus going to be? Can Grimlock still call himself king of there's a combined Dinobot too? What are these going to be resculpted into, Terrorcons?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

All in on Volcanicus. Also want a Decepticon Version. Beast Megatron with metallic colored limbs. Like metallic green, red, blue, and purple-with silver highlights. Yes! Names of the 5 characters? Who knows? But c'mon Hasbro that could form an Extinction.

• Like Like x 1
  17. peh1978

peh1978 Well-Known Member

I think hascon make dinobots combiner in cw form, mainly is to test out how the popularity. Heard some comment of improvement. Before they decide to make into a titan class. So far their titan class are all decent and stable.

18. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

I don't mind it so much because Predaking is in the line too. I always thought it would have been cool to have the dinobots be rivals with the Predacons, and 30 years later, we have that.

19. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

In the promo animation, they, Volcanicus, were going against the Predacons as Predaking.

How are they going to match Predaking when he's much bigger than they are - being the Predacons are said to be ALL voyagers?

20. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I really think we need to wait and see the final product in hand before we start throwing around words like "Menasor-y". If you look at the great prototypes legs you'll see Grimlocks thighs are at an angle, when they should probably come stright out from the body, less like CW Menasor more like G1 Onslaught. I'm not sure the arms can be saved though, Volcainus may always have an I shaped torso.