Thoughts on Unicron being part of the Transformers Race.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deathx360, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    This is something I have been thinking about for a long time. On some of the toy boxes, cartoons, and other media Unicron is referred to as the most powerful Transformer, excluding Primus. The problem I have with this is that in all the stories Unicron existed before Primus or the Quintesson's created the Transformers and since neither created Unicron he technically is not a Transformer. At best in the episode "Call of the Primitives" when the Oracle is explaining Unicron's origin it shows the Oracle as the Matrix, and given the link between the Matrix and Vector Sigma it is possible that one of the three gave Unicron a spark but that would make Unicron at best a half-brother to the Transformers. All G1 cartoon Transformers got their sparks from Vector Sigma except the Dinobots, who could have got their sparks from Personality Chips, the early explanation of a Transformers life force used in the episode "Starscream' Brigade", the Technobots, Scorponok, and Fortress Maximus. What I want to know is what everyone else thinks.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Although it was a great episode, I discount Call of the Primatives. I think the Quints first took over early Cybertron and brainwashed everyone into thinking the Quints were the creators, not Primus. I like the idea that Unicron and Primus are gods now trapped in the material world. Both Primus and Unicron learned to transform on their own, making them the first Transformers. Just IMHO take.

3. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

In armada-verse, i believe that Unicron and Primus are twin brothers. that is why on the unicron box he is refered to the most powerful TF. Unicron is like a uncle to the Autobots & Decepticons, and the Minicons would be cousins.

Click on my T:C link below and read C1.

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I have always gone with the Furman G1 Comic myself.

5. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    By discounting "Call of the Primitives" you discount Beast Machines, which to some may not be a bad thing. That aside, let us take your point that the comic Primus and Unicron were gods trapped in metal bodies that they learned to transform. Look at it like this, God created humans and humans created computers, computers are not humans and even though humans where created in God's image, we are not gods. My point is since in the comics Primus created the Transformers does not make he or Unicron Transformers since while they all transform they are different in so many ways, like the fact Transformers were always machines while Primus and Unicron did not always have mechanical bodies. They aren't really part of the same race, but that’s my take. Your point a good one though.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    transformers isnt a race. its a species designation.

autobots and decepticons are transformers that come from cybertron. they are cybertronians.

sharkticons are not cybertronians, but they they are transformers.

7. Alpha Prime

Transformers/Cybertronians/Autobots&Decepticons
    Transformers/Unicron
    Transformers/Primus

Good Point

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    transformers/quintessons (for the sharkticons, at least)
    transformers/paradron (alternate reality cybertron)
    transformers/lithone

9. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Interesting thought....I never actually would have seen it that way....but I guess uni could be concidered a race of TF

10. Alpha Prime

Unicron & Primus are in the same "race", just to carify. I wouldn't say they were a race persay, more like how there are Apes, but there are Gorillas, Oranitangs, Etc. in the Ape family.

Transformers:Cybertronians::Apes:Gorillas

Think of it as Computer folders.
    Start with Transformers.
    >Transformers
    >>Cybertronians
    >>>Autobots
    >>>Decepticons
    >>"Unicron"ians
    >>>Minicons
    >>>Sideways
    >>Supernatural Mega Robots
    >>>Primus
    >>>Unicron

i know, it's confusing. i like ponity sideways carrot thinggies. <><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><<><><><><>><><><><

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I discount Call of the Primitives too. Terribly written, too bad it had the best animation of the entire G1 series.

I really prefer Unicron's comic origin as a dark god. Although I'd really like to see another big baddie used in a TF series. Unicron's kinda getting old.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's Beast Machines?

:lol  Kidding.