Thoughts on Transformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, May 1, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Still no words on what the title might be, but news are pouring in about Transformers 3. It might be 3D, It might be not. New castings and some don't like to come back. Clearly, Things are set in motion...

This thread is for your thoughts on the overall production of Transformers 3.
    Note : This is NOT a plot/character speculation thread

Share your views on New Castings, New Vehicles, What can be improved and many more.

Happy Discussing...

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'll begin...

Whether TF3 is in 3D or not is still in discussion with the Production Studios and Bay. I can't see 3D. Besides, I don't like objects shoved at my face intentionally and unnecessarily.

Enough with this 3D Gimmick. Bay is right... Say NO to 3D. Hollywood is going overboard by releasing every movie with a 3D label. Movies should have a good plot, great acting and awesome emotional feeling to it. Not just flashy graphics being deliberately shoved at our faces.

Despite minor (hem hem) set backs, ROTF was ok. But the first movie was better. Enough with Jokes (ROTF had WAY too many jokes). If IDW Movieverse comics can deliver awesomeness why can't the movies? 3rd Transformers should be better or at the same level as the 1st.

Bay, you are doing a good job so far. Cut the unnecessary jokes, Say NO to 3D and the 3rd movie will please the fans. One more thing... If Bay had directed the G.I. Joe movie, It would have been AWESOME.
    Bay is the perfect director for the Transformers franchise too... Just need a little tweaking, that's all. :) 

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    IMO, I don't think any tweaking could make Michael Bay a better director.

We know so far that Bay is directing (much to me and a few others' chagrin), we know that Ehren Kruger is writing the script, and we know that this is the last movie in the trilogy (as Bay pointed out earlier this year, it will have a "crescendo ending"). Here's what I'd like to see (and a good chunk of this is from the Transformers 3 Speculation thread stickied in this forum):

-No more racist caricatures. I feared that the Twins would be negative stereotypes of mentally handicapped people, but when we found out what negative stereotypes they were portraying, I would have rather have seen the handicapped stereotypes rather than the stereotypes we got. The sheer irony of this is that Reno Wilson (the guy who voiced Mudflap) basically stereotyped his own.
    -No more immature jokes. I'm sorry, but after seeing Sam's mom high on pot brownies and Devastator's wrecking ball testicles, it's high time that we either have smart humor, or no humor at all.
    -Little to no screentime for Sam's parents.
    -The Autobots being less ruthless towards the Decepticons. In ROTF, we see the Decepticons get shot clear through the head, have their spines ripped out, or have their faces cut off. This is a movie based on a CHILDREN'S TOYLINE. And in the theater I was in when I saw these, there were some negative reactions coming from the parents that were with their kids when these scenes happened. I mean, they're AUTOBOTS; they're supposed to be GOOD GUYS. They could at least stun the Decepticons, and put 'em in a Transformers-sized version of Guantanamo Bay or something.
    -No reused footage. Okay, it's acceptable to reuse footage, but that only works in flashbacks. Reusing it for shits and giggles DOES NOT WORK.
    -Don't have the Transformers swear. It was fine in the animated movie, but having Transformers say pussy is just too much.
    -Barricade. He didn't show up AT ALL in ROTF, so he'd better make a return.
    -NO UNICRON OR PRIMUS.
    -More Soundwave in robot mode.
    -The Arcee triplets. Tell us what happened to them; are two of the three okay? We know one of them was smart and hid behind a wall. Also, give them more dialogue, and let us see them combine.
    -Give Jolt dialogue...hell, again, give ALL SUPPORTING CHARACTERS AT LEAST ONE EFFING LINE OF DIALOGUE, AND MORE SCREENTIME.
    -Frank Welker for Megatron. I'm sorry, but Hugo Weaving just doesn't cut it for me.
    -Make it GOOD.

Granted, since this will be a Michael Bay film, none of what I suggest will probably happen, but I can dream, dammit.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Casting has been interesting in that have found some people with a lot of work under their belts to do what will likely be minor roles. Can't really think of anyone so far where I've had to go oh no not that guy.

Really not crazy about the idea of converting the film over to 3-D. Shot in 3-D is pretty interesting but the converted to 3-D looks too much like the old View Master toys we had as kids. A transformation in 3-D might look really neat, but I'm just not sure if ILM would have the time to really do it all right considering the heavy CGI load that a Transformers film will have and it needs to be printed and out the door by next summer.

Sometimes I feel a bit of confidence about the third film when someone on the production team says the second film was just horrible and they need to do better. Leaves me with a feeling of hey these people really get it. Then other members of the production team will spin like there was nothing wrong with Revenge of the Fallen and I start to worry we end up with another version of the same thing.

I keep walking that line between maybe it could be good because of "x" and why bother it's going to be horrible again thanks to "y".

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm definitely one of those who say no to 3D. An IMAX version is just good enough as it is, though sadly I have not been able to see both the first and ROTF movies at IMAX.

I really do believe that Transformers 3 will be a lot better than ROTF, that it will be just as good if not better than the first one.

Like Eric, I really hope that Barricade returns. I mean, they said that they were going to explain his disappearance at the end of the first movie in ROTF, but that never happened. I really would like to see Barricade appear in TF3, even if it's for a couple minutes before he gets killed off.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

transfomers want see their creator [primus] in tf3

7. Megatron_

Megatron_ Well-Known Member

Well i would like to see a proper Transformers film as i think they could use a host of good Decepticons and Autobots in a much better story and like a few have alredy said i dont want to see the Decepticons used as cannon fodder yes they are the bad guys but in these films the Autobots are doing all the Killing

Id Like to see Megatron voiced by Frank Welker sorry hugo weaving dose nothing for me

Also id like to see more of Soundwave but with the monotone, computerized voice like G1 (classic)

i could go on with what (or who) id like to see (or happen) but i wont as we would all break out in a orgy of i want this and that hahahahaha

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Lately much news, or rumors have spread through the web about TF3, and I'm still not yet excited, at least not until we see some robots. But, one thing that I did not like is how Shia didn't enjoy ROTF as a film, when he was the cause of tweaking the script due to his hand injury.

Megan Fox..... I don't care what she says, as long as we get to see her in TF3 again, it's all good.

Now, 3D, what to do with that big issue? A lot of people love it and some hate it... Avatar did good but that film took a long time to produce, Bay's style wouldn't mix well with his fast paste shooting style, and the biggest thing really is that the robots are very complex. Personally It would be nice to watch in 3D, but not now, let Bay film TF3 the way it has always been, in tradional 2D.

oh, and before I forget, TF3 better have a lot less humor than the last film, ALOT LESS. Let them focus more on the robots this time.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I just hope that they make the Decepticons stronger in TF3. I'm getting tired of seeing the Autobots kick their skidplates with little resistance. So far the only Decepticon to appear threatening was Megatron in the first movie. He killed Jazz and beat down Prime in short order, which was great because you could see that he was a huge threat and it added weight to the final battle. But you know how that ended. I really want TF3 to have more balance between the two factions.

10. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i'll agree with TC i hope barricade comes back for tf3 and it will be better than rotf. i'd like to see it in imax. i on the other hand thought that rotf was better and the first one but that's my opinion. as far as cars im not sure but chevy and gm will have there cars in tf3.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

without primus and be no first tranformers

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    reposting my thoughts from the other thread:

Ultimately, they want to have the #1 movie at the box office. They want to give people a reason to come back after the disappointment of ROTF. Cinemas have converted their biggest screens for showing 3D movies. They won't take the risk of losing those screens to some other 3D movie, or the risk that audiences may choose to hold out and wait for the dvd instead.

I think that in the end they probably will go with 3D on this movie. They'll probably film a few select scenes with actual 3D and convert the rest of it from 2D. Then they'll spin it that they had actual 3D cameras in there because they wanted to deliver the best possible experience, but they had to convert some of it, and even Cameron does that.

I'd actually like to see Transformers in 3D because there's so many moving parts in Bay's bots that I think 3D would help to make sense of it. All of a sudden foreground separates from background and the underlying form of the tangled mass of scrapmetal becomes apparent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In 2D you can barely figure out what you're looking at here. In 3D it'll at least have shape and depth and would probably look spectacular.

13. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I say characterization. If transformers get a great personality,,their characters would be very interesting, like Optimus in first movie.

14. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Is it going to be a better movie or not? - well, I'd like to believe that.

There was a lot of flak for the racism and low-brow comedy of ROTF. Bay's movies have been derided before, but this time it was completely ridiculed. I'm sure there'll be a certain amount of pressure not to make the same mistakes again. And they at least had more time for a finished script here without the writers' strike that hampered ROTF.

On the other hand, they have almost the exact same length of time for the entire production, and it's going ahead back-to-back from ROTF with little time to recuperate inbetween. It'll be hard to sustain enthusiasm on such a schedule. I imagine Bay will be very jaded and burnt-out with the whole TF business by the time he's finished.

Plus, don't forget that there were lots of us who thought ROTF was going to make up for TF1.

15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its going to be:
    Giant Robots, Explosions. Sexy Women, Dirty Jokes, Horrible one liners, End

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's a Hollywood film and Hollywood is addicted to those happy endings, plus it could possibly be the last film in the current series so we know there is no way in hell the Decepticons have any chance at winning. No one on the production team is brave enough to break from the Hollywood summer movie formula.

But it would be nice if it at least felt like they could win. A feeling of wow if the Autobots would not have gone above and beyond the Decepticons would have taken out anything the human threw against them.

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots need 5 or 6 combiers teams in tf 3 movie

18. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    It's been said before, but I think it would've been far more compelling to have Optimus's death at the end of ROTF, as a cliffhanger, rather than midway through. Seemed like a wasted opportunity.

I think they should definitely focus more on the threat posed by the Decepticons. Show the aftermath of the devastation. The despair of those who've lost everything, the crowded emergency ward, the pain of the injured, the anguish of the bereaved, and the indifference of the Decepticons to all of this. Build them up. Have tough Autobots that are actually afraid. That think they don't stand a chance.

Then by the time you actually get to the Hollywood ending, it's all the more of a triumph.

19. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I want to see barricade in action too! Its kinda funny how the one decepticon besides megatron and starcream, that I wanted to see come back ended up as a no show, while blackout,bonecrusher return as other characters. Even scorpinok made an appearance. Why couldn't the use a pre-existing model of a character that wasn't confirmed dead(on sceeen). Even if he did show up for half a minute, atleast there would be some closure on a cool character!

20. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    After seeing a few 3D movies, I'm gonna have to say that I feel strongly opposed to TF3 being TF3D. And I trust Bay to say no. He knows what looks awesome, and he refuses to do stuff unless it's going to look totally awesome. He has said himself that 3D does not look awesome (at least on TF screen tests).

And I am really confident that they won't botch the story this time, given that they have a little more time, and no writers' strike. I think we can expect something like the first movie, with a solid/coherent story, but with way more and way more impressive action.