Thoughts on the 4 SE HTS Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I was looking to place an order on the HTS when I saw the 4 SE's. Yeah I just back into TF collecting so pardon me catching up. What's the general thoughts on these?

Personally I like the Megatron and the Dragstrip...Too bad he dont have the additional front set of wheels like the original.

The Prime looks odd, and well the Grimlock repaint isnt too impressive IMO. But yeah im thinking the Megatron and Dragstrip ones are the way to go.

Now if Hasbro would be kind enough to grace us by retooling Sideswipe into Red Alert I will be happy!

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That prime mold is crap...I got the other three. Grimlock is just fun for being one of soundwave's minions. I wanna pose him with my red and blue rambles, and battle ravage

3. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Yeah I found the original run of that prime mold just now on the net, it didnt fair very well in the reviews. Its robot mode looks authentic to G1 but the truck mode looks sloppy and half baked.

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    The only thing I don't like about the deluxe classics prime is that the bed of the truck is too long, which could have easily been fixed with collapsible legs. For the life of me, I don't know why they didn't do that. I like the deluxe megs too, but I don't like either of them enough to buy them again. I did order 1 drag strip and 2 overkills though. I'm gonna repaint one of the overkills.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I kind of think you may still find the dvd less versus pack with the prime and green megatron for $15 at big lots and dollar general. Potentially closer to thanksgiving (christmas: act 1).

I don't hate that prime. But I got the set cheap ($8 target clearance) so there was'nt a need to prod it with scrutiny.

as for the hts exclusives. I've been a hasbro toy shop customer since I got alternator sunstreaker in summer '07, and have been a happy with their service on following occasions.

white megatron, overkill, dragstrip and next years release of red diaclone colors mirage I hold a interest in perchaseing.

Though I can understand those with henkei megatron not wanting this white tank megatron as the deco is hilariously similar. But no chrome. Just silver paint.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't like the Megatron mold. The fact that he has no right hand, and no articulation in that arm to accommodate his spinning "sword" ruin what otherwise would have been a nice G2 Homage.
    Dragstrip however, is pure win and is preordered. :D 

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I preordered 2 Dragstrips and 2 Overkills, more Decepticons for teh win!:thumb :bay 

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one I like is Dragstrip. I'd never buy the others.

9. OmegaCarly

OmegaCarly LoL Ravage

Ebay:
    I agree with you guys, the truck mode of prime is miserable to say the least. I wish they just used the nemesis prime mold.

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I'm hoping to get Dragstrip & Overkill.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i may get the dragstrip and the overkill, while i like the megatron/prime molds, i already have them both, plus the fact that they i could by the original version from the same site for only 5 dollars more, which includes BOTH, rather then, the one, just tells me that hasbro inflated the price lol.

while i agree the prime has a poor altermode, it has a fantastic robot mode! *but a really dumb gimmick lol!

but i will get the 2 other con's for sure, the decepticons are really lacking in the classics line anyways :( 

12. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I got all 4 on order. But I can't really tell the difference between the Prime I already got (got the $15 dollar store 2 pack years ago) and the new SE Prime they're selling.

The Megs, Drag Strip and Overkill I like however. Especially the Drag Strip. He's going to be Mirage's enemy for my collection. Then Fracture and the red Diaclone Mirage repaint are going to be enemies. Until then, Mirage and Fracture get to hang out.

The others? OK but not spectacular. If they weren't Classics, I'd have likely skipped them. Though since I'll have gun Megs (US version), and both tank ones, I get a nice Megatron army. Gun one is Megatron, silver tank is Megaplex, green tank is Megastorm, in my collection. ;)  If I ever get Henkei Megs, he gets to be Megs, USA Gun Megs is Megaplex and...silver guy gets a different Mega-something name.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the mold for Prime is just really bad... his robot mode is okay, but the vehicle mode stinks.

Megatron I would get if I didn't already have the Henkei release of Voyager Megatron. But I have it and, having owned the previous release of the Deluxe Megatron for a short time, I can honestly say that the Voyager Classics Megatron is the better figure and is even more pure win with his Henkei paint scheme.

Drag Strip and Overkill are awesome and I preordered both. However, if you want a Drag Strip you'd better hurry and preorder as there are only 8 left.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I got Overkill for myself and Dragstrip, Megs, and Overkill for Banshee. Overkill looks good, Megs looks alright, Prime sucks, and Dragstrip looks fine but not like anything I'd buy.

15. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Nice boxes, other than that, not much. I got the 2-pack Prime Megs last year because the set was on clearance at Wal-Mart for $10. They're okay.

16. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought all 4 as well. Though I have originals of all 4, the two pack Optimus is going to be my highlight of the set. I love how dumb the original one looks, that I use him as a joke in all my collection photos. The new one has a nicer paint deco, but I think he looks great in the box, and I doubt I'd even bother taking him out at all.

17. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

i got all 4. New to all these mold minus overkill. So We'll see. Like overkill the best and glad i ordered them the other night. With three dragstrips left, time is almost out.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dragstrip and overkill.....hoefully i live in canada so no HTS for me. :( 

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'm not going for any of them. I have the prime already, I can't stand Megatrons spinny arm, and Mirage and Grimlock looked better in their original deco. A couple hundred Transformers ago, I probably would have gotten these guys thanks to the nice packaging and exclusivity, but you know, the collection is taking up room and I gotta be a little pickier, and these guys just don't make the cut.

20. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Dragstrip & Overkill FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:  :rock