Thoughts on Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by MisterFanwank, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Whoa now lol...
    That may be a tad too far... Hasbro is all about the BANK. If in one instance they think they can make a buck on a character, they will not let that profit go to waste... Why look at all the pleasant Bumblebee molds we've received in the past 4 months... Not only that, but also Rodimus is one of their babies... They won't let that kind of name or character go to waste.

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's not just a show at this point. Prime is the new basis of a whole new mythology for Transformers. This is going to be the new past, present, and future of the line.

Writing the best damn show, and forsaking a toy is one thing, but to eliminate Rodimus as a character from the new storyline would be blasphemy...even the Rodimus-haters would outrage. Hasbro knows that much.

That's a little much to write-off a very important name/character of Transformers mythos. Rodimus will be a separate entity.

3. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

several reasons

1. hasbro knows how much we bitch about how the 86 movie and g1 seasons 3 and 4 suck, partially because of hot rod/rodimus prime (no offense to those who actually like them)
    2. if orion pax became rodimus prime the fans would go "I don't want rodimus prime, I want OPTIMUS prime!!"
    3. the script writers are more creative than to just go with rodimus prime
    4. I just don't like hot rod/rodimus prime and it feels too geewun to have rodimus prime take over from optimus prime

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Long term, the best damn show possible will catch more Loyal fans willing to buy toys and give Hasbro money than one or two extra figures now.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus may not have flat out said what was going to happen, but he was pretty direct about it, as much as he could be before children he didn’t want to worry, which is probably why he chose to give the key to Jack.
    Optimus wouldn’t have added the last part just for the hell of it.
    And what he said to the Autobots wasn’t so subtle.
    Hot Rod, the guy who basically killed Optimus, didn't make it easy for anyone to like him by moping about it until the show’s end. It's hard to like a guy who brings up his shortcomings at every turn.

Orion Pax was also forced into leadership—Alpha Trion rebuilt him into Optimus Prime, he didn't rebuild Orion Pax. Alpha Trion built him into a stronger Cybertronian that would lead and combat Megatron and his Decepticons.

6. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

1. OP is the last Prime.
    2. Nobody can become a Prime except if he has:
    a)The Matrix of Leadership (lost against Unicron)
    b)A new Matrix of something similar from the very Primus (even more complicated, given the actual status of Cybertron.)

7. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

how would the name change expand on the character?

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Until he’s replaced, yes.
    Isn’t there are little more to it then that? Even Ultra Magnus didn’t become a Prime by simply having the Matrix of Leadership. The Matrix, Primus, the Collective Wisdom of the Primes or all of the above decided who is to be a Prime.
    The Matrix is still in Optimus’ chest, no? He didn’t take it out. His chest opened up and the Collective Wisdom of the Primes attacked Unicron’s Spark. The Collective Wisdom of the Primes is gone; hence, Optimus Prime’s absence.
    With Cybertron in stasis this scenario is unlikely. And the Matrix of Leadership is a one of a kind it would seem. The Matrix of Leadership contains the knowledge of Primes and is a Prime’s direct connection to Primus and/or Cybertron; it contains Primus’ will. Why would there be another?

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a great idea to try to please everyone who wants Rodimus and Prime back without killing off anyone but no Rodimus and Prime needs to be separate.

10. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    This thread.....
    :banghead: :throw 
    The writers won't do it cause they have a plan and they wouldn't put things in the script if they didn't mean anything. Also, like stated, if hasbro does make Rodimus, it WILL be a new character to be a new toy.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Rodimus would be awesome to have.

Provided he's not going to be all angsty if he becomes Prime. He'll i'l settle for cocky, arrogant youngster a.k.a Bumblebee with a personality.

Also with Robin Atkin Downes voicing him in his Travis Touchdown voice.

I would liek to see them take a page out DJW idea for a Season 4 where Galvatron rules Cybertron and Rodimus leads the resistance.

Also RodimusXArcee forever just a FYI.

12. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

knockout would probably approve...

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree Rodimus X Arcee forever.

14. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Let me put it this way: He lied about what the Key to Vector Sigma was. That casts the entire conversation in a different light, especially considering the way he kept pausing to find the "best words."

What exactly is said is important, yes, but in actual human interaction there's more to communication than mere words.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Just say NO to Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime.

The character is not expected to be called by the Prime moniker ever again (this per Hasbro too iirc)...so maybe this should be dropped as a possibility.

16. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Y'know, I give up. I thought this would have been a good conversation piece, but most of what I'm seeing is fanboy rage. I'm out of this thread.

17. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Well, I'd like the Rodimus from Superlink/Energon (even with the Convoy rank, which I think would be a rank below Prime personally). I always liked him in that he wasn't emo and that he was a bit of a renegade against Optimus.

Plus his design was sexxay.

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime better have an attitude adjustment!

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since they have done so nice for Wheeljack,if they really made a Rodimus,it will be awesome

20. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree.