Thoughts on Regeneration One

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Russ840, Dec 13, 2017.

1. unicron1986

unicron1986 Well-Known Member

Well I look at RG1 as an alternate universe, one of many, but not as a continuation of the marvel comic universe , the one that was linked officially to marvel was marvel generation 2 whether Furman likes it or not. I started questioning RG1 when i saw a lot of ideas from the UK comic sneaking into the US comic run like the auntie computer hologram, sure auntie computer existed in the US run but voice only and it was dropped after a few issues, that auntie head hologram came from the UK run.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    And it's still a higher quality book overall than Till All Are One, Robots in Disguise and Optimus Prime have ever been.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yes, I am genuinely much more thoroughly entertained and invested in the characters and story than I ever was with Till All Are One, Robots In Disguise and Optimus Prime. Rodimus doesn't need to be a shining example of a true hero to enjoy reading stories about him and Getaway continues to keep me gripped far more than the boring elections from Till All Are One or the downright crappy political story of Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redconvoy

redconvoy Redconvoy

Ebay:
    It was good, but I think Furman only had a finite amount of issues to work with. It's hard to tell a story like that. I wish they would have let him have his own series and to continue Regeneration 1. I would have liked to have seen what he would have written if he was given the opportunity.

I agree with you that his version of Rodimus was really good even in the old days. He was more well-rounded and had more of a "bite" to his character. I like seeing a "flawed" and sort of ruthless Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I've said it before, but I'd like a Regeneration 2 comic.

#81 - #82 would be a bridge between #80 and G2 #1 directly tying the two series together.
    #83 - #94 would be the original twelve issues of the original G2 comic renumbered.
    #95 - #100 would be a new story taking place after the end of the original G2 comic.

So there would only be eight new issues. It would not follow the story of Regeneration One.

• Like Like x 1
  7. unicron1986

and furman could still have done his loose ends on rg2.

8. unicron1986

Somebody told me on facebook the same deal that IDW wanted furman to finish the original run and then he would get the boot,but I can`t find where the guy got the source on the internet.

9. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder. Did something “go down” between Furman and IDW?

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I wish James Roberts wrote Regeneration. He's a great writer and grew up on the Marvel UK comics.

I have to agree with Bass XO. MTMTE/Lost Light is the only good IDW Transformer series.

I do like Mairghead Scott but John Barber is terrible and as bad in my eyes as Michael Bay.

11. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Overall I thought Regeneration One was done well. The story arcs were a little rushed, especially toward the end, but I liked the return of a lot of characters.

12. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

It was bad.

13. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

My main complaint was with the revelation that Transformers were 'good' or 'evil' based on their CNA (Cybertronian DNA). Furman essentially made it official that Megatron and the Decepticons are victims of their own gene sequences. They were not evil by choice, but simply because of a quirk of their construction. And, by using something so simple as a 'gene key', individual Transformers could be flipped from good to evil and back again.

Forget all that character development we had in the old comics (Scorponok's redemption, the defections of Carnivac and Catilla, Grimlock's weird morality and the Student's corruption in 'Aspects of Evil'). All this is swept aside by Furman's stupid, stupid assertion than good and evil aren't complex and fluid concepts, but rather innate and natural traits.

Ugh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What happens if you flip your switch to 'good' and then willfully choose to do 'evil'?