Thoughts on movie cast TOYS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    So... For a while now, I've had a complete cast of movie transformers in their mass-release size classes (Deluxe, Voyager, Leader).

The problem is, I'm not too fond of several of them.

But I'm not one to split up "sets" of things. Should I keep the full cast or should I sell what I'm not fond of? Half of them probably wouldn't be here if they weren't in the movie... Input?

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    If there are only a couple you don't like you may as well keep them.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

It depends on which figures you have and whether you have every version of a character or not (like Voyager AND Leader Prime, etc.). You can probably guess I'm not the kind of person that goes for completeness, and the full movie cast is no exception to that rule, so any advice I give would be inherently biased.

What I can tell you is that you may also want to keep in mind which figures you don't quite want are also going to come out in notable Premium versions later, as they will become more and more of a pain in the ass to actually sell. Look how long it took for me to get rid of Starscream, and he was an exclusive!

4. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

At one point I was right there with you.

Brawl and Bonecrusher should have been made voyager size (only in my opinion).

I actually don’t even like the Megatron movie toy in any format.

Scorponok, well I just flat out don’t like the toy. And the voyager blackout and that deluxe toy just aren’t scaled right together.

Camshaft and Swindle’s faces aren’t great where it fits payload...then again I am not happy with the scale of Payload (voyager imo) nor am I with Arcee.

But regardless, I don’t think I can get rid of any of them. I am picky on which toys I collect. I don’t need every single TF toy known to man. I just collect what I like. Point being. you got what you got so keep them =)

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

That sounds like the reason someone would give to get rid of them.

6. UltraDevmodious

I guess I should have put "I just collect what I like." in bold I liked them so I bought them. When they are all set up one has time to assess and look at flaws in design. I wouldn’t get rid of any that I am not happy with. Invested a lot of time and $$ getting certain ones =) others are just to add to a growing collection.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Considering almost everything I'm not too fond of is going/went Premium (which I have no interest in) looks like I'm stuck with what I've got.

For those wondering what I don't like...
    Leader Megs
    Bonecrusher
    Rachet
    Blackout
    Scorpy (he's debatable)
    Probably a few others, too...

8. UltraDevmodious

I didn't buy the first wave yellow-ish Ratchet. Looked like crap to me. So I got Rescue Ratchet instead. I like that one a lot more based solely on colors alone.

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Funny enough, you probably have your best shot with getting rid of Bonecrusher. Priced fairly but under retail, you might be able to do it.

Ratchet is hopeless, as he and/or Rescue Ratchet are all over the place.

Blackout would be a tough sell, but not impossible. While his mini-Scorp sucks balls compared to the Premium, Blackout himself could go either way due to the color of plastics used.

There's a shrinking window of opportunity to get rid of Megatron, as he's not readily available in every store. Personally, haven't seen one in a few months. If you want him gone, go for it ASAP.

10. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    That Scorpy toy is awful. It's well engineered for what it is, but as a robot or whatever, just awful. Sell it, or cut its arms off and give SS some hands with him :) 

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm kinda working towards getting my ideal figures for each character from the cast.
    Heres what I have so far:
    Autobots-
    voyager Prime and Ironhide
    deluxe Jazz (equipped with FB Jazz's gun)
    Screen Battles Bumblebee (like the gray plasticand lighter window tint better)

Decepticons-
    leader Brawl
    voyager Starscream
    deluxe Barricade and Scorpinok
    tiny-assed Frenzy (who came with Barricade)
    - waiting on Premium series leader class Megatron

Personally, I'm not opposed to owning versions of characters that don't fit my ideal line up (for instance, I have every intention of getting Premium Optimus, despite the fact that he won't be replacing the voyager). And of course, I own some that simply don't make the grade:
    Bonecrusher and Blackout are just too damned small.
    Voyager Ratchet is too damned big and clunky (and I don't like the mold, in any colors). Would've preferred a deluxe or at least a less-bulky voyager.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sometimes the toys with Big flaws are sometimes end up as a favourite,

I really do like DLX Brawl.

13. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

I agree that Blackout is a bit disappointing, especially after getting Evac and seeing the improvements that were made. On the other hand, I like Ratchet. Not sure which paint version I have, but I don't think he's too far off the mark compared to his movie appearance. The thicker legs also make him much more stable than say voyager Ironhide who I am constantly having trouble getting to stand because his legs are slightly too thin for his large upper body.

I didn't even bother with deluxe Skorponok. The size difference was upsetting. None of the Megatron figures have impressed me either. Thought about the leader class several times, but he looks as if he's been run over by a car the porportions are so flat. :lol