Thoughts on Megatron!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Nov 27, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Write what you think about Megatron.

Best design/voice.... But personality, I found him different from alot of the Megatrons which is he is very willing to take any chance to get what he wants....
    I never saw that in G1, Unicron Trilogy, RID...
    Beast Wars, WFC, and Animated once in a while...
    But this Megatron looks like he will do anything....
    I get more of a evil type of Megatron then any other.... Even Animated.... And thats saying alot.
    What do you guys think.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope they make him more than just a mustache twisting villain. I want him to be a "good" guy in his mind. Albeit one who's been corrupted but a good guy none the less. No villain ever thinks them-self evil.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I thought he was a monster, I mean the teeth and how he handles Dark Energon, he a beast. Megatron is a Behemoth.

Also This is what Welker should have sounded like back G1. It's amazing, it's a mix between Hugo Weaving and Fred Tatasciore.

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Thats why this is now my new favorite Megatron....

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I love his design, though his giant old man eyebrows could be toned down a tad. His voice was AMAZING. It had some of the gravity and presence of the movieverse Megatron, the confidence of the WFC Megatron, and a touch of the old G1 Megatron when his voice strained just a tad. Loved it.

6. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    The voice to me sounds like a Welker take on WFC's Megs. Overall an amazing character intro. Not my favourite Megs design, but nearer the top than the bottom

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm going to disagree slightly and say that Frank's G1 Megatron was perfect for the time and that's part of why the character is so indelible.

I agree that it certainly does sound a lot like Weaving's Megatron, and I have stated in the past ad nauseum to no effect that if they had simply used the same effects filter on Welker's voice as was used for Weaving's, Welker could easily have been the voice of Movie Megatron as well.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Prime Megatron is Animated Megatron on steroids. Can't wait to see him and Prime (Optimus) face off against each other.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Love this Megatron so far.

Welker's new take on the voice is amazingly well done. Low, cold, creepy. Love the design, too. The blood-red eyes, the corpse-like face, the bulky design. Just all-around fantastic.

10. Rexidus

News Credits:
    The eyes remind me of Predacon Megatron's dino head in the first season. They have a very similar look to them.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Not sold on Welker. He seemed inconsistant, sometimes sounding like G1 Megatron and sometimes like the CEO from Animaniacs.

It seems we're getting a take on the Premium WFC Megatron moreso then the either the DS or the novel version, which is a huge shame. He was by far my least favorite take on him. The plunge of the Dark Energon is my biggest strike against both this version and the Premium WFC version. In the DS Megs puts the project under Soundwave, using Kaon Prison as his testing grounds with 11 failures before he comes up with a successful Dark Energon supersoldier. Aggressive, intelligent, but not stupid.

I would've prefered the novel version who was a warrior-philosopher who felt betrayed by both the system and by his "brother" Optimus.

As for the design, I keep thinking that his face reminds me of a werewolf for some reason.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron is looking like one of the best Megatrons so far.

He's terrifying, gets to business, commanding, got a monstruous voice and IMO the absolute best Megatron design yet.

Also insane, his insane-ness is going to be sweet.

13. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Agreed... Its like he is all the Megatrons and Galvatrons in one.... Fucking amazing....
    I love this Megatron more then any of them so far.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahah yeah, he's like the ultimate Megatron in a way.
    In special I really liked his delivery in scenes, he sounded almost... happy to hear Optimus was around and genuily maniacal (i think his scary demented face design helps)

Also " THEN BLOW
    THE
    MINE
    >:[ "

15. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

I love Megatron. He has just the right mix of cruelty and insanity, but I sense that uderneath the madness is a cold and calculating mind.

He also sounds like an evil version of my dad. WTF?

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Totally agree.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Megatron is exactly what he needs to be. Not a scheming tyrant who's always hatching mad schemes and losing, and constantly suffering challenges to his authority. This Megatron is a legitimate despot who rules with an iron fist and will take whatever steps necessary to seize ultimate power. I likened Megatron to Darkseid in another thread and the more I think about it, the more I like the comparison. The infusion of Dark Energon will just make him more like Darkseid I think.

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Professor Fate, Snidely Whiplash.

19. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I have no idea who those people are so I assume they are fictional characters. I was speaking of real people we consider evil like Hitler, Castro, and Sadam.

Obviously fiction is FULL of "MWAHAHAHA I'M EEEEEVVVVVIIIILLL! WATCH ME TWIST MY MUSTACHE WHILST I TIE THIS WOMAN TO RAIL ROAD TRACKS" one dimensional villians. I HATE those.

I like my antagonists to be believable and relatable.

20. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

As of the movie years I kinda like my Megatron with a darkly deep voice. Its hard to beat Hugo's great voicework through those grisly shark teeth! And recently Frank's voice is kinda lame and squeeky in comparison. After his version of Galvatron, its hard for me to hear him play ol Megs again... Sorry, Frank. You were great in 1985...

I thought his voice for the ROTF game was terrible... I liked the WFC version, though...

But the Prime version is simple and deep. Which focuses Franks strengths and narrows down his weakness. They ran his voice through a synth, so it deepens the bass and concentrates the evilness.

Nice job. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I want to like Megatron. He has really been underused IMO... He needs to get back on top of the Decepticons and kick some tail plate!

Just like his Animated character. It was AWESOME!