Thoughts on "Generations" lines potential

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Feb 24, 2010.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a list of long awaited figures that if done well and placed in that Generations line would make me switch religions to The First Hasbo Episcopal Church!

(I wont hold my breath though....)

1)Omega Supreme: Come on now does this guy deserve an upgraded model or what? Dare I say even that Animated would've sufficed (I hate Animated mind you) but something tells me that Bey has something special (or crappy) waiting for us in his next transploitation film with this guy so who knows..
    2)Sixshot: Just picture a Leader or Voyager class version of this bad boy...nuff said make it happen!!

3)Reflector: That Power Core Combiner line really drop the ball with this one....But then again by the looks of most of those figures it would be a disservice if developed in that line anyway. But in the Generations line a man can still dream...

4)Scorge: If done with the same quality as Cyclonus was then this would be this would be epic! ....Think Hasbro, the average collector would buy about 4 a piece to complete their Sweeps army! (Well at least I would.....)

5)Blaster: I love the G1 alt mode of Blaster but damn the size of his robot form has always frustrated me! A repainted G1 Soundwave with a revised head can't be any worse then that fugly Energon repaint of Soundwave they snuck into the 2.0 line.

Side note: Since Hasbro has all eyes on comic book characters lately wouldn't Overlord make a great Cyclonus repaint that wont suck $100 out of people due to exclusivity bs and toy group propaganda?

Anything else?

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Wheeljack and Jazz.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Sixshot would be nice, too bad the line is only Deluxes

4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack how could I forget about him...

Hmmm, they might just repaint Drift with a new head...LOL!

As for Jazz, I guess that Beyformers line hasn't finished raping him yet so I gave up all hope for that one....

5. a-town

a-town Well-Known Member

reflector and scourge would be amazing. ill buy 4 scourgein a heartbeat if that happens

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Is this some recent change? I've never heard of a recent TF line (or almost any ever) being restricted to one size class.

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Both Classics 1.0 & 2.0 gave us some great figures (way too many to list here) so I'd be content if HasTak kept that high standard going - no matter what line they're homaging (Comicverse, G1, BW etc.) Is Seaspray part of the "Generations" line? He looks like a sweet mold & if most of the "Generations" figures are as well-designed as him, I'll be pulling out my wallet over & over again... :) 

If they can't do triplechangers right in this day & age, How are they supposed to make a decent Sixshot? :lol 

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

What ever it turns out to be, whomever they release...it will not be enough to satisfy the fans.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Well... I certainly wouldn't want to see an Omega Supreme unless they recant their "deluxe-only" stance on the line.

But yes, standard answer: the remaining Seasons 1-3 in-show characters.

10. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    I've got my fingers crossed for trail breaker, grapple and hoist

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kup
    Blurr
    Tracks
    Trailbreaker

Sharkticon
    Shockwave
    Sky Lynx

I don't ask for much...

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i would be happy with

slag
    sludge
    snarl
    swoop
    shrapnel
    bombshell
    kickback
    blackarachnia (because being a fembot repaint of tarantulas just sucks)

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1st, its "Bay" :) 

2nd, Energon Omega Supreme severely needs a repaint in G1 colors. I've seen so many fantastic repaints in Radicons. Blacklion29's is one of my faves. He even has an alternate Transform for him.

Generations is only deluxe. But I wouldn't mind this one damn bit! (If in the voyager or ultra size :) )

Not really a popular character. Alternative option? I use Photon, Zoom-out and Wire-tap from the movie Real Gear line. I think they work extremely well. I picture them being like the RID Predacon trio. All goofy and stuff.
    If you can afford it, Botcon Scourge looks lovely on a classics shelf. So do the Botcon Sweeps :) 
    Dude, Device Label Blaster is where its at! Can't WAIT for that fig!
    That... that doesn't work for me at all. Have you ever seen G1 Overlord in person? Hell, I haven't. But that dude is HUGE. Cyclonus won't do him justice.
    Yeah. Blitzwing.

Edit: and... Wheeljack, Jazz, Trailbreaker and Insecticons :p 

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  14. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Now the name GENERATIONS means all TF and toy lines are fair game (G2, Machine wars, Beast wars/machines, RID, Armada) ALL of them! Try thinking of some characters that HAVEN"T been done recently be it either in animated OR the movies (It doesn't matter weather you like 'em or not)
    SO Please someone come up with anyone else other then G1 or the dinobots! They've been done already a FEW TIMES! SLAG! someone suggest something different like someone from Beast Machines!

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Nope. They said at SDCC last year if classics came back it would only at the deluxe scale.

16. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to mention that everything that was shown at Toyfair that fits with Classics was Deluxe.

But I can see them squeezing voyagers into the Rotf:Hunt For Decepticons line. Hence Seaspray.

17. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hear you. I would personally LOVE a new Armada Scavenger. Y'know... with LEGS and stuff.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

25 years gives them a ton of characters to chose from so the potential is huge. Plenty of characters out there who were a great concept only to suffer from either a sub-par figure or a figure that was just too small. Sort of like how Beast Machine's Obsidian wasn't a bad design but the figure was just too small and could have used some more articulation.

Perhaps the larger scale figures are going to be covered with the hybrid figures that way they don't have to make the same large character twice once for the movie style and once for the Generations style when they could knock both out with just one hybrid figure.

Not holding out hope for some figures though because I hoped for Jazz during the Classics line and I hoped for Jazz during the Universe line, so I'm sure Hasbro will find so way to leave him out of the deluxe Generations line.

19. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Oh they WILL skip him again, they had him in both TFA and the movie, beside he was VERY G1 in TFA so getting him AGAIN for a third time looking virtually the same as he did in the movie-cartoon. So yah we MOST likely WON'T see him in Generation ever, besides they'd probably screw him up anyways.

20. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm game for Beast Wars figures, namely:

-Airazor
    -Blackarachnia (agree with shadow panther, being a tarantulas repaint sucks)
    -Waspinator

Other than that:
    -Kup (new mold)
    -Arcee
    -Shockwave
    -Cybertron Optimus
    -Vector Prime