Thoughts on G1 KO Reflector and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, May 4, 2010.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well you could get a G1 shockwave for the price of that KO. However, Reflector would be a good deal to jump on

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well...I keep all of my reissues, remakes, replicas MISB BUT...I will be opening my Reflector sice he doesn't have a "real" box anyhow. Of all of the KO replics so far, they look pretty good. Sorry I can't be of any more help. I have followed a suggestion from some other KO threads here on the boards though, I negotiated a deal with t800pro from iOffer: An easier way to buy and sell!. They say he's pretty good but I haven't gotten my package yet. I got the KO Reflector & KO Scourge for $85 shipped.

4. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, t800pro is a great guy to do business with on ioffer. I don't know about the other sellers but I can vouch for him.

However just like Ruination said, if your going to keep it MISB, go for the KO. It looks great in the box.

5. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I purchased both of them to compare with my originals.

For Reflector, the KO is very similar to the original. I was very pleased with the quality of the plastic and had no issues transforming it multiple times. If I didn't already purchase an original Reflector a few years back, I would definitely buy this KO and save some money from buying an original since the quality matches up pretty well. The only thing the KO didn't come with was the small heat sensitive Decepticon sticker.

For Shockwave, the KO is pretty close to the original. The rubber hose is shorter than the original. The plastic seems darker, but that could be attributed to my original Shockwave being older. The main problem of this particular KO is one of the legs are loose. I inspected a few samples, 4 to be exact, before picking one I can live with, but the looseness of the leg doesn't effect transformation or displaying it in robot mode.

Overall, KO Reflector and KO Shockwave are high quality knock-offs that come very close to the originals. If you don't mind buying KO's, then these are 2 KO's that are worth the money IMO.

Also, the quality of the KO's for Devastator, Superion, Defensor, Scourge, Cyclonus, Gnaw, Mirage, Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Snarl, Octane and Springer are just as awesome as Reflector and Shockwave and although they're KO's, they're worth it IMO.

6. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Thanks everyone. Sounds like I'll be picking these up.
    I appreciate all your input.

7. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

i bought the knock off reflector and to this day i regret it just save up and get the real thing

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the Feedback Forum is a very detailed discussion of KO Shockwave.
    it affected my decision to buy him or not.
    but as i read the Knock Off Transformers Thread, i am slowly changing my mind

9. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a little concerned. He gave a tracking number to me on Sunday afternoon and as of 5 minutes ago, it was still invalid.

10. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, I never even track stuff when its overseas. Its going to take 3-4 weeks before you even see it so I wouldn't even worry about it. Plus, when you use pay pal, they will recover 100% of the money used so no worries.

I think he is in China so you have a long wait.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last month I ordered myself the KO Shockwave. When it arrived, I took it out of the box and inspected it.

It look fine to me.

The same with the KO Devastator I received last week. The figures looks fine to me and the silver chrome on some of the figures looks great.

12. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's working now anyhow...Apparently he didn't ship til yesterday....I guess I just get anxious...I did the same thing when KOtoys shipped to me. LOL

13. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever happened to the idea of the KO makers possibly making a G1 box for the Reflector? Does anyone know how to do that or if anyone does?

14. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Could you explain? Why do you regret it? How much did it run you?

15. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I've made a Reflector (Japanese box) for my KO last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

While that is sometimes true, it's not always true. Earlier this morning my G1 Star Sabre arrived from Japan - I paid for it this past Friday. The same seller sent me Hydra & Buster from Australia last month - those guys only took about seven or eight days.

When it comes to shipping times its a combination of how quickly the buyer makes the payment, how long it takes for the seller to ship it, what class it was shipped at, and then the rest falls on the couriers.

Those are awesome. You should contact the kotoys.com guy and see about making boxes for him in exchange for store-credit or something. Heheh. To keep my post releveant with this thread, I'd suggest getting the KO figures as placeholders until you get a vintage piece. As collectors our figures tend to just sit or stand on a shelf, so small details like a loose leg here or there won't bother me. Also I'd feel more at ease repairing a loose joint on a KO more-so than I would a vintage figure.

~Z

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how much did it costs you tyo make one of thoses boxes? any for sale? i want to buy one of those boxes from you.
    i have a high quality ko reflector for 40.00 plus exact shipping if anyone wants it.

18. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if you meant to or not, but Reflector is mispelled on the image of the camera...was that intentional to differentiate from an authentic one? Great job and i have sent you a PM requesting some info!!

19. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    The artwork is from an original Japanese box. Only difference is I created an 'American' back of the box. The rest is almost the same.
    Here's a scan of the photoshop design.
    Due to the amount of time it takes to create a box, I've stopped making them. But if anyone wants to make them, I can provide you the scan.

[​IMG]