Thoughts on Eradicons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Kaymac, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Didn't see one of these around, so here it is!

Firstly, the Eradicons are some VERY cool drones. I like how both of their modes look, and since we'll be seeing these guys every episode, they better look pretty damn cool!
    The Eradicons are also pretty competent for drones and pose a significant threat in battle. However, I feel it will vary as time goes on for plot purposes, and they'll drop from super powerful to weak. They need to appear as less of a threat I suppose so when any of the main Decepticons show up, it means it just got real. I also noticed varying facial structures on them, the standard v-shaped one and a dual barred visor. Perhaps we'll see even more different faces?
    Also, the similar look of the Eradicons and the Decepticon drones one encounters in WFC are pretty similar, another factor connecting Prime to WFC.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Did anyone else notice that their alt-modes almost look like a Con insignia, only in the shape of a car? I thought that was kind of neat.

Yeah, looking forward to a toy. Will probably buy repaints (If I have the money) and semi-troop build.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Will Troop build the SHIT outta them. Seriously, they're great. They're not mindless, not pushovers, and have a great deisgn. Plus, sexy, SEXY car modes.

4. Kaymac

I don't have the kind of disposable income to troop build toys, plus I'm probably going to colege next year, so no job. :( 
    I might buy one along with any retools.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They have more personality than Soundwave so far.

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the design on these guys, they're like Vehicons 2.0. I'm buying two as soon as they get toys, possibly more if the toy is really good. What I want is for once they're out everyone that bought one and is going to Botcon should bring it for an epic pic

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I hope all the Eradicons die off soon so we can see more interesting flying Decepticons like Lugnut, Blackout, Incinerator, Mindwipe, etc.
    If vehicle Decepticons on the ground are really needed, just use Lockdown, Shockwave, Rumble, etc. instead of those a dime a dozen Eradicons. Transformers does not really need tons of Cobra vipers.

8. Kaymac

They are something to fill the void until plot allows more new 'Cons to show up. Just be patient. Apparently two Decepticons named Knockout and Breakdown are in the works.

9. iamamachine

News Credits:
    They should bring in the Constructicons earlier so Megatron does not have to use those dumb Eradicons anymore. The Eradicons don't seem to have any personality at all.
    I am still disappointed at the TF2 constructicon toys or lack of them in deluxe size or voyager size. Only the Legends size had all 7 constructicons.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    So far they're the only must buy toys of Prime for me. I like their Cylonish sleekness.

Are we sure they're drones and not just grunts? They seem to be holding their own a bit too well and seem to show some emotions. I don't care what pre-production materials state, since it also states that it's a continuation of WFC, which it very clearly isn't.

11. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Eradicons. If it weren't for them, we'd have the main Decepticons dying out or running away each episode. So I'm really glad they are there.

Also, I really like the fact that they can actually deal some damage. They are pretty competent for drones.

I just wish that there were more variety to them. Also I think it would be great to see how they are made.

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are cool and I like thier designs. I like that we have an army of expendable Decepticons that can be killed off without offing names I care about. That said, I'd like some more official Decepticons besides just Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave. I'm sure other Decepticons will arrive down the line, at least I hope so.

13. iamamachine

News Credits:
    Instead of killing dumb Eradicons, they can instead show how popular Decepticons are heavily injured and repaired. There is no need to let popular Decepticons die since robots can be repaired.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Going into the show they were one of my bigger fears. I was rather worried they would be a bunch of weak mindless drones who were easily beaten even in large numbers.

So far they are working out far better than I was expecting. It kind of feels like they can do more than just get killed. Since they can speak it also gives me a bit of hope that perhaps they are some sort of grunt level Decepticon and not just some sort of drones. Perhaps more like the Cobra blue shirts or minions of the Monarch than Cobra BATs.

Kind of worried though that after a while it might get a bit old having them killed week after week after week.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    That was my first thought, get them early get them often. as they will be hard to find very quickly.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

so far the ones that have died with any major attention, have had some pretty nice death scenes, they should be honored they died well!......

how long they stay dead... >.> <.<

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Eradicons, but I think it would be great to have different Eradicons as well. I mean, in Star Wars there are droids and the super battle droids and those rolling droids with shields etc.

I'd like the Eradicons like that as well. There should be some type of super battle eradicons. Spider tank eradicons, flying eradicons etc.

18. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Very strong and beautiful drones :D 

So hope they bring them out as toys, especially at a lower price range

19. MegatronusPrime

MegatronusPrime Member

I guess the Eradicons are cool...But...I just can't stop feeling like they need something more...I dunno...It could be just me...

20. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them so far - it's a good design, and despite my expectations they're more than capable of holding their own in a fight. As well as speaking we've already had hints of different behaviours and personalities within their ranks. I expect the toy will be Deluxe class, and if Hasbro have any sense they'll be packed in decent ratios for troop-building.