Thoughts on Bumblebee.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Nov 27, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I was always a Bumblebee hater...
    From G1 to the Movie.... He just never was any good to me and was just annoying....
    But for the first time, I like a Bumblebee and its Prime's Bumblebee....
    He is cute and not a waste of time and has a cuter version of Movie Bee's voice....
    I like that this Bee cares about the small little thing like stepping on a toy car.... For the first time, I have hope for a Bumblebee.... And I'm going to be getting a toy of him for sure, and get rid of my Movie Bee toy.

2. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

I liked Bumblebee until they started using him incessantly in the films, then I started seeing him EVERYWHERE, then I hated him, I haven't watch TF: P yet, but I will sometime here soon.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

He basically is movie bumblebee, just with a tweaked vehicle mode. I think what makes you lay off the hating is the fact that so far, he's a peripheral character rather than a primary one, which he was in G1 and the movies.

4. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    Strangly enough I like this incarnation of 'Bee. I agree he takes too many design ques from the Movie, but there is just a sense of innocent bad-ass-ness about him. Interested in seeing him develop further

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    He's movieverse Bumblebee with an equally annoying vocal thing. He sounds like R2-D2 having an orgasm. That ought to really please a few fan-fic writers somewhere.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sorry to say this, but based on the 2 episodes I've seen so far, Bumblebee had ZERO personality. Of course, this might all change (and almost definitely will) as the show goes on and develops, but so far he is far and away the least interesting character.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm really starting to dislike Bumblebee more and more each day. The G1 BB was allright but never did anything important or than just being there, Animated Bumblebee is annoying but he grew on me a bit espicially after the whole Wasp/Shockwave boot camp thing. The Movie Bumblebee litterally pisses me off, everyone treats Movie Bumblebee like he's more important than Optimus Prime, The Camaro isn't as coll as i used to think back in 2007. He's really a media whore now.

:banghead:  I don't why they had to base Prime's Bumblebee off of the Movie Bumblebee and I just really don't like his sound effect they sound off to me.
    I wish they had went with either Rodimus, Hotshot or Sideburn insted of Bumblebee for this series, maybe he might grow on me we've only seen the first two episodes as of this date.

8. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    *gasps* How can you say that? He's so cute! XD

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of Bee in general either. I like him for what he is but I don't care for him.

In Prime though GIVE HIM BACK HIS F***ING VOICE ALREADY!

Seriously, the silent warrior thing is just annoying. They should have had Bosh from War for Cybertron pick up his voice. That Bee I almost liked.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Bumblebee was my all time favorite for many years, it was the first Transformer I got, and there was always something loveable about him. That being said, Prime Bumblebee was the only character on the show I absolutely did not like, and actually I am borderline hating. I am so tired of the "mute-Bumblebee" thing. He's not friggin' R2-D2. At least movie Bumblebee was somewhat of a badass, Prime Bumblebee sucks. I hate to be one of those fans that says something "sucks", but that character did. That was the only thing I disliked about the show as a whole honestly

11. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Actually it's opposite for me. Love all other Bees and hate this one!

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Jeez, so much hate. I thought he was perfectly fine. He acts like the movie version. We haven't seen him do much yet anyway. It's only been 2 episodes.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I liked Bumblebee's innocent personality, but I HATE his Wall-E voice.

BumbleBall-E

14. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

Bumblebee's adorable. I love mute Bumblebee, even though I liked the sounds he made in the movies a whole lot better than the ones we hear in Prime.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if he actually regained his voice later in the series. If he does though, I think he would lose most of the innocence he seems to have right now. Without the voice he's a lot more adorable too, imo. He's the kid character and the little brother (of sorts) of the Autobots. I think giving him a voice might take away those aspects to him or diminish them at the least, and since those aspects really make him different from all the other Autobots; I say keep it.

For all we know, giving him a voice might make him annoying. I'd take silent BB over annoying BB any day. But as others have said, it's only episode two, we haven't really seen much of Bumblebee yet.

15. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    another thing i can add on "what's really wrong with bee" is that face.
    he scares me

Attached Files:

• bb.PNG
      bb.PNG
      File size:
      345.8 KB
      Views:
  16. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why can't Bumblebee talk?

That aside, I've been really sick of Bumblebee since 2007. He's become way overrated and I've grown sick of him. However, I found him pretty tolerable in Prime. Much better than his Animated self by far.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

18. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I honestly feel he is the weakest character so far, especially due to the fact that he CAN'T talk. Sure, Raf can understand what he's saying but that does the others no good since he has to translate which doesn't really count as Bee's interaction with other characters. I hope they fix this problem down the line but making sure it doesn't impair his relationship with Raf.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like him. He's adorable yet fierce, a good breath after Animated's quite possibly dense prick.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was sad Prime Bumblebee didn't have a voice like the other Autobots. At least Movie Bee was funny with his radio clips.