Thoughts on Alternity Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by crewboy7, Jan 2, 2012.

1. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm Thinking about getting an Alternity figure, but I can't decide which one... They all look so awesome! Cliff and Bee's vehicle mode look so sextastic with all the opening doors and trunk and even hood! Yet at the same time I love the robot modes of Megatron and Convoy so much as well. Considering price as an issue, which do you guys think is the generally best alternity figure?

2. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or at least favorite one, in your opinion...

3. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Well, ignoring your sig.

I really dig the alternity toys quite a bit, i'm probably going to grab that Ultra Magnus that is on sale.

But, they are essentially Altenators...but cool.

So, yeah.

Also, their guns shoot raw time...

4. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Alternity seekers are the sex.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I prefer the Convoy mold myself. Megatron is pretty good too.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Favorite mold - Convoy/Optimus. Aside from a pain in the ass transformation for the legs, it's a pretty solid figure all around.
    Favorite "look" - Megatron. It's the toy that turned me onto the line, and the silver one does look badass. Unfortunately, with much of the die-cast ending up on his body and not the legs, he's rather top heavy and that doesn't lend well towards dynamic posing.
    Favorite transformation - Either the Bumblebee or Seeker molds. Compared to the previous two, they're complex but not irritatingly so, and the only ones I'd be tempted to transform back and forth over and over. The doors do pop off at times on the Seekers, but it's just a small problem for me.

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Convoy and Megatron are pretty awesome. I don't have the seekers or BB/ Cliffjumper so I can't comment on them.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like this line as well as the alts (alternators were my gateway figures into hardcore collecting). Megatron is probably my favorite Alternity.

9. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus and Megatron are amazing. Bumblebee and the seekers are ok, not fantastic though.

The paint on all these guys is stunning, got to see them in person to believe it.

10. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I have them all, and I can't really pick a favorite. I think they all look pretty awesome.

Optimus was my first one, and a gateway, decided to check him out to see what the "alt" type line was all about. Haven't stopped since.

Skywarp and Thundercracker are pretty gorgeous figures. But so are black Megs and Silver Optimus.

11. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I have one of each mold and I highly recommend Prime over any of the others.

Megatron's legs are really finicky. They're not very good at holding together and they look like shit.

Starscream, I wanted to like so much because I love the character but guh! The doors like to fall off in robot mode. The "wings" are FUUUU inducing because they just don't fold up right and there's nothing to secure them. He looks cool but he's a nightmare to pose or transform.

Cliffjumper is really nice but the springloaded transforming mechanism can cause some grief at times. The huge chest and spindly legs - you may find annoying.

Prime is fun. He fits together right and everything works like it should. Plus he looks good and poses well.

12. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I'd say Convoy (red) followed by Cliffjumper, who really is much better in person than in pictures. I didn't think much of the others as I find them a tad ugly, but they all have a very solid, quality feel to them.

13. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Convoy for sure. Love the r35 mold. I just need dai atlas then I got all gtrs. I hope someone makes a different head mold for it.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I've got Black Convoy, mostly because I did the translation for the comic and I'm a Black Convoy collector, but really, it's an OK figure. It does some neat stuff, but it's pretty overpriced for what is essentially a deluxe figure with die cast.

I've done a little fiddling with Megatron that a friend has and it's not the greatest IMHO. The legs are pretty much a mess.

15. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I got black convoy, the 3 megatrons and just ordered red convoy, Thundrcracker and cliffjumper.

My favorite one is bleu megatron, might not be a color you relate to a megatron but it's an awsome figure (and you can call him whatever you want anyway ;)  )! On the plus side, the blue megatron is probably the cheapest alternity you'll find (well it was a few months ago).

16. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Megatron was the best design, for me - particularly the Silver Blade deco. Had that and the Diamond Black version at one stage, had no problems with either regarding the leg engineering, or any other part of them.

Convoy was ok - tho something about the lower legs and feet always looked a bit off to me. Didn't get any of the BumbleJumper or Seeker Alts to comment on.

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ive got optimus and megatron. and they're awesome <3

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Have all the moulds except Convoy, yet.

Megatron is the best engineered, so far. He's very stable due to multiple joints in his ankles, the legs lock together nicely and he has a nice samurai deco. Car mode is AWESOME, I'm begging for a Prowl repaint down the road.

Starscream is nice but simultaneously poor. He's nice for the seeker frame he achieves from a car, but neither mode locks well. Upper body does not click together as stiff as I'd like and his doors pop off very easily. Wings are a nice idea but they just stay there, nothing going on with them and no tabs anywhere.

Bumblebee is much better than anyone gets at. Sure he's a bit bulky, but like Megatron, he's FUN to transform. He's far more poseable than he lets at and has two guns to take advantage of that fact. Legs have multiple joints especially below the knee. 80 percent of the Bee's and Cliff's I see are mistransformed because the legs aren't extended all the way. Extremely stiff hip joints, ratchet ones at that.

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have red Convoy, silver Megatron, and all three Seekers/Questors. I also have silver Convoy but plan to sell him soon. They all look fantastic MISB (packaged in alt mode). My favorite mold is definitely the Convoy one, followed by Megatron, and then the Seekers/Questors.

They each have their pros and cons but Convoy has the best overall balance of design, diecast, and solid badassery (the TFC gun does complete his look with Prime's iconic ion rifle). Megatron gets the best vote for innovative design (samurai robot with twin swords--awesome!). The Seekers/Questors are the most problematic of the molds with fiddly parts and doors that pop off and tabs that don't quite fit together solidly, but as a trio they're nice if you're a Seeker fan.

I can't speak for BB/CJ since I don't have them and dislike their overall look in both bot and alt modes.

I'd definitely get at least one version of Convoy to start off--the red or white versions are relatively affordable.

As for the Seekers/Questors, if you arrange their doors like this, they're less likely to fall off (and improves the look of the wings and gives the doors an actual use in bot mode instead of being useless hip/skirt kibble a la the MP Seeker mold).

[​IMG]

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I own them all (except the newest two, I have to get them) but they're all great. Mind you they're a bit fiddly but ever so pretty.

Randy