Thoughts on a G.I Joe Crossover for TF4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's happened in the past with comics and if bay really wants a complete re imagining for the fourth movie I think it could work. Instead of nest have the joe's working along side the autobots. Perhaps well see a tease at the end of the upcoming Gi Joe retaliation? since retaliation is also a partial reboot of Gi Joe I.E killing of most of the main cast from the last movie,only having a few return such as snake eyes and duke etc Both TF and G.I joe could benefit hasbro in terms of toy sales etc thoughts?

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I know this isn't really what you were getting at, but I have to say that NEST in the movies already had a pretty strong "GIJOE" vibe to me... no doubt as a result of Michael Bay's rampant military fetishism. It's kind of sad to say it, but I think NEST did a better job of being "GIJOE-like" than the actual GIJOE movie did. :) 

zmog

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    What SMOG said.
    Otherwise I'd be down for the Joes in T4.

4. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Pretty much this.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'd be for it if only for getting The Rock and Bruce Willis in a TF film.

6. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I think they'll be the only ones killing cons. Imagine if Chick Norris was in TF? Goddamn, that'd be terrible.

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

cobra fix megatron - he transform in into tank

8. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Let's also not forget that apparently one of the pilots in the first TF film's climax IS Wild Bill from the Joes! So it's kinda already happened.

Before seeing what a travesty the first G.I. Joe film was I'd been all for a crossover, but honestly it would've dragged down the TF film franchise. But G.I. Joe: Retaliation looks EXCELLENT so far, so it's beginning to look like a crossover could potentially be something to get excited about again!

Plus, Jinx appears to take on a yellow-and-black color scheme in the course of the film, theoretically a visual allusion to ANOTHER famous martial artist female who's pretty badass with a sword, and whose musical cue was similarly cribbed for her yellow-and-black martial artist compatriot Bumblebee's re-introduction after he'd scanned in and become the newer, modern Camaro in the first TF film:

[​IMG]

So, personally, I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see a G.I. Joe/Transformers live action crossover, if for no other reason than to finally get Jinx and Bumblebee in the same room together!

MIND = BLOWN.

:D 

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    No thanks. NEST was more enough human military to often overshadow the TF in their own movies. If TF then had to actually share title with another franchise then they'd get sidelined even more.
    I enjoyed the first GI Joe movie well enough but I don't want it anywhere near a TF movie. I've never been that interested in GI Joe and that movie was about as close as I'd want to get to the Joe franchise.
    TF almost always get screwed when they're involved in a crossover. A live-action crossover movie would probably do it even more and with it we'd not be allowed to complain humans got more screentime than TF (and they most definitely would) because the robots wouldn't be the only title characters.
    Take two toylines and make them just one toyline? Not really a benefit. Take Star Wars and Transformers and make a crossover toyline. People love Star Wars and people love Transformers. Put them together and make toys of it. Should be amazing, right? I avoid that shit like the plague.

10. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that NEST was originally supposed to become G.I. Joe after the movies, but they couldn't get Dennis Quaid to be in ROTF. I don't how accurate that is, but I think it would be neat to see this happen. If The Avengers does well, they will probably push for a crossover movie to happen.

11. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i think it would work seeing as the tf movies have a strong millitary thme going on. so long as they work on a decent script a plot.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If we see a crossover, I'd rather it be a reboot, as while there are aspects in both films that would mix well, I think a new concept done with merging the two properties in mind from the start would have a better chance of going well.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love one.

14. Adiansyah

Adiansyah Well-Known Member

15. wrecker11

wrecker11 Wrecker

Thats cool and all, but I think that should stay in the comics. With how many people complain about TF's plotholes and with how many people complained about the first G.I. Joe movie, which is pretty much true, don't you think there are going to be so many problems with the movie if they do that? The only way for that to work is to have the actual people who made the comics on crew. But i'm positive there will still be so many people complaining about the movie. *This is my opinion*

16. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Scru NEST! I want the JOES.

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

gijoes work for nest with autobots
    cobra with decepitcons

18. Rusty24

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Well, there is one advantage. Cobra Commander could be the marketable villain with the Decepticons being led by someone new.

Personally, I'd love a G.I.Joe/Transformers crossover movie and I agree that the TF movie style would be the best to work with G.I.Joe.

20. Rusty24

Plus, the Decepticons are in a weakened state right now without a leader or a home. They are probably desperate enough to team up with Cobra. Then maybe the G.I. Joe team can have a joint ops mission with NEST and unite to stop Cobra and the Decepticons. This could be incredibly awesome if it had the right director. I think Jon Favreau should direct this movie if it ever gets greenlit.