thoughts of a TF: Prime Leader Class Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kookookajew, Nov 15, 2011.

1. kookookajew

kookookajew Well-Known Member

... Okay .. So it doesnt look like were going to get that voyager starscream in this first wave of figures ... Guessing by how they're making a voyager SS, Voyager Optimus, and Voyager Bulkhead, do you think that they would make a leader megatron to match?

From what I've noticed, Megatron is the tallest bot in the show (likewise to Animated Megatron being taller than MOST [not all] bots in animated) and since there is no announcement for a voyager.. maybe they're holding out for a leader? .. I hope so lol.

thoughts?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a Leader is even less likely than a Voyager.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

That would be cool. Although personally I think Bulkhead, Breakdown and Prime need Ultras. I would rather we got that then leaders because only Megatron and maybe Skyquake would be in scale with leaders.

4. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    If you're a deciple of Shadow, he said something about a possible prototype for Leader Megatron.

...and something regarding a voyager version with a light-up fusion cannon.

But yeah, i'd prefer a small leader class Megs to go with voyager Optimus!

5. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I would say that leader Meg's is pretty much a given. It's leader Prime to go along with him I am hopping for now.

6. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I would love a leader class Megs, but most likely not going to get one.

7. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    were definitely getting the voyager megatron I doubt there will be a leader class

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    A leader would be needlessly big and wildly out of scale. He's only, at best, a head taller than Optimus. Plus I don't believe his design needs a leader class figure. It's simple enough it could work fine as a voyager.

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree because Decepticons Leader class does not sell well

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    this

i really dont know how i'd like leader class figures for the Prime toyline to be honest

The voyager sized stuff captures both modes perfectly and a leader class would just seem too big and too simple for me
    [and this is coming from a guy who loves leader class sized toys :p ]

11. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, if we DO get Leader class figs, here are a few ideas (assuming that Prime lasts at least three or four years after the toyline launches):
    Megs
    Prime
    Unicron
    Skyquake and Zombie retool
    Ultra Magnus
    Lugnut
    Blackout
    Any of the 13

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Those are good choices! I'm also thinking of these guys as leader class figures!

Grimlock
    Sludge
    Shockwave
    Sentinal/Zeta Prime
    Omega Supreme
    Trypticon

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    A voyager would be perfect, no need for a leader. Let's keep the leader slots open for the large bots that will inevitably pop up.

14. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I can see Prime, Megs, and Unicron as the first three. The other potential slots (assuming that things last a while) can be filled as larger 'bots pop up.

Though a supreme class Nexus and Bruticus would be AWESOME.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despite what the usual suspects always say when others express their interest in Leader sized figures, Megatron is indeed noticeably larger than Prime in virtually every single episode of the show that you see them together, so a Leader class figure absolutely makes sense if Hasbro chooses to do one. And based on the way these figures seem a tad smaller than normal Deluxes & Voyagers, I wouldn't be surprised if a Leader Megatron figure basically just ends up at Ultra sized height anyway - which would look fairly "accurate" next to Prime's Voyager figure.

What I think would be unnecessary is a Leader class version of Prime. He's bigger than the other Autobots, but not THAT much bigger. I personally hope they follow the Animated template by giving Prime & Megs two separate size classes for their largest versions, and reserve one of the two supposed Leader spots for someone like Skyquake. If we end up with Voyagers of Starscream -and- Soundwave, that would make for a pretty damn accurate looking line of toys imo.

16. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly never realized people cared so much about scale.

17. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    It's not a massive deal but if given the option I would certainly try to collect figures that are roughly in scale with one another.

That's one of the reasons I love the Prime line. Other than Arcee and Cliff(to a lesser extent) it's been incredibly accurate so far in terms of scale.

18. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I am very much for a leader class Optimus Prime and Megatron, to be honest I cannot imagine why some are against the fact. The two leaders are noticeably taller than their respected cast members, I mean just look at the scale chart that is around the board it Is pretty clear they are in the Ultra/leader class size range.

19. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Hasbro isn't going to make a random one shot character into a leader class for the sake of scale.

If Leader class Bumblebee taught us anything, it's that Hasbro cares more about money than scale.

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think people need to actually look at a picture of the entire cast together. Credit goes the Bountyan for the image.

[​IMG]

Bulkhead, the tallest of the bots, barely comes up to Prime's windows. The toy by contrast reaches slightly above them. Optimus would not be too far out of scale if he got a leader. Because of this it stands to reason that Megs should get a leader too. Skyquake would have been nice as a leader since he's taller than either of them but he's a one shot so I'm happy that he even got a toy.

Now looking at this the perfect toy scale would probably be somewhere around:

Leaders: Megatron, Optimus, Skyquake(not happening sadly)

Voyager: Bulkead, Ratchet(just barely makes it), Breakdown

Deluxe: Ratchet(what we're getting, I think a tall dlx would be good enough), BB, Cliff(V1 seems short but V2 is perfect), Wheeljack, Starscream(deluxe is pretty tall and he's spindly anyway so the voyager bulk is unneeded), Soundwave(same as SS), Knockout, Vehicon

Scout/Commander: Arcee and Airachnid. Really Airachnid could be a deluxe and still be in scale considering all the plastic and articulation her legs would need. Arcee is kind of awkward in that she's too tall as a deluxe but a commander or legion would probably be too tiny compared to the others.