Thoughts about Thrill of the Hunt

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by fiire_dragon_88, Jan 15, 2008.

1. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    that is what i was thinking. once the pilot was over it seemed like they are doing episodes that are character building/back story. first was prowl, then this last one was a bulkhead heavy one. they seem to have skipped the one that might have been about bumblebee...and i agree that the next one is probably ratchet's episode 'to shine'. i can't wait! :D 

2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Connect Animated to G1?

"War Dawn" never happened. The Aerialbots never went back in time. Because of this, the events that happened to Orion Pax and Dion are changed, they become Optimus Prime and Sentinel Prime, and Ultra Magnus (G1 origin never explained) rises to power (he is a "City Commander" after all) and becomes the head honcho, actually succeeds at getting rid of the Decepticons, and they go about traveling the Universe.

Also, because the events changed, Ultra Magnus never took the AllSpark/Matrix, the Decepticons learned of it and wanted to use its power ("The Burden Hardest to Bear" ring a bell?) but the Autobots, not knowing who the "chosen one" was (as Optimus Prime didn't have the Matrix), shot it off in to space. Thus Unicron never shows up because the Matrix isn't on Cybertron/Earth for millions of years, thus no one knows of his existence.

Or they're not connected at all. Whatev!

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hey Kicko that's a pretty good explanation!

Yeah I don't expect anything other than a few cameos.

4. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

I dunno why, but I have a feeling that this episode is gonna have the first appearance of Lockdown, because he is a bounty hunter, right? "Thrill of the Hunt"? Unless it has already been proven that he will appear later.

5. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Or we accept that these are different, un-connected continuities, and we stop giving ourselves head aches trying to connect the dots... I think these series need to be enjoyed for what they are instead of trying to stretch them into something they're not.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cartoon Network site said they have problems with some kind of "muscle car".
    Lockdown's alt mode = muscle car.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I like your grasping, Kickback.

My own is different... my vision is that the Autobots were instead destroyed by the Nemesis 4 million years ago when the Decepticons attacked their ship.

Then, the 'cons found out about Vector Sigma.

Alpha Trion and Ultra Magnus, who was now the de facto Autobot commander, quickly realised they had to keep it from the Decepticons - and, separating it from the planet, launched Vector Sigma into space, destroying the key and as far as they knew preventing it from falling into Decepticon hands.

Mind you, by doing so they essentially launched Primus away from Cybertron. But that's another story altogether...

The Autobot survivors, one of them being Ratchet (one of the few who made it out alive from the Ark disaster) rallied around the original Prime as a martyr, and found the strength to vanquish Megatron and his forces, killing many of his former legions and driving him away from Cybertron.

And the name 'Prime' was honored in the minds of Cybertronians, and it became a common name for newly activated Protoforms to take in honor of the original Optimus Prime.

8. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I wasn't actually saying that there is a bridge between G1 and Animated, or that they would show clips. I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were.

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Few holes.

In G1 and BW/BM, Primus is never spoken of as having a body of any type. Vector Sigma is never linked to being Primus, the conscience of Primus, or anything of the sort. In the COMICS, yes, but not in the cartoons, which took the name "Primus" but never materialized it (until "Cybertron").

Hard to explain how an Autobot medic with little to no actual battlefield experience survived the explosion of an entire ship in the middle of space while great heroes like Optimus Prime, Jazz, Prowl, and Ironhide all perished (don't forget there's an Animated Jazz, an Animated Ironhide, etc.)

Taking the name "Prime" is one thing. But to take the entire name (Optimus Prime)? That would be like naming your child "Jesus Christ". Doesn't happen in our society.

Lastly, the "AllSpark" in Animated is obviously a conglomeration of both the original "Matrix" and the movie-created "AllSpark", both in design and power. Vector Sigma, and the key to it, had no such abilities (other than to give life, but you couldn't take the key and destroy everything, only turn it metallic). That, and Vector Sigma is a giant orb, not a small little box.

Sorry. Just being critical. In a grumpy mood, nothing personal.

10. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I just dont understand the need to grasp for explanations as to why they are connected and even in Kickback's explaination it would be an alternate reality which you can think of it as without the needless attempts to connect continuities.

11. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm only expecting cameos, but I'm really looking forward to the ep to see how they do show the Great War and Ratchet's past this time around.

12. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    It wouldn't make sense to tie G1 and TFA, commercially. Kids don't know G1 and won't watch G1 just because of TFA. It's more of small thing to please old fans, completely unnecessary IMHO. Let TFA shine on it's own, since it has more potential than G1 already (#1 show for kids 5~8 and all).

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Fair enough.

Some counterpoints though:

1. Who said that the Ark was destroyed in space? Could be that the 'cons found out about it before its launch. Or even that Ratchet and a few others got to the escape pods in time.

2. "Jesus" IS a name in some cultures. Just pronounced differently. And Mohammed is a VERY common Muslim name, despite that whole teddy bear debacle. In Autobot society, it is likely those who perished would have been honored by people naming protoforms after them/protoforms taking on their names. See Beast Wars Megatron, or even the real life example of how the names of the Apostles are somewhat common (except for Judas).

3. Primus I realise wasn't on the cartoon - it was just a quick throwin reference. And the Allspark=Vector Sigma is based off the idea that their cores are similar. Again, I'm not going for full versimilitude here. After all, keep in mind as well Sari's key would be a NEW Allspark key, for different purposes, and just because we never actually saw the Decepticons use Vector Sigma as a weapon doesn't mean it couldn't have functioned as one.

I realise Animated and G1 are separate entities - I'm just having fun with some "what if" here. Trying to spin a decent fanfic yarn.

Finally, most importantly of all - when are you gonna finish your RiD story, Kickback? I'm a-waiting!

14. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    thrill of the hunt is with prowl and lockdown Ratchets war flashbacks is the episode after thrill oh hunt isnt it?

15. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Very good Kickback. That one sliped right by me. I was trying to think of any G1 episodes that went back to the great war. War Dawn just didn't spring to mind.

16. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Sorry if I'm repeating someone's point here, but I think the major piece of evidence that points to Animated being in a separate universe (albeit a universe where a type of G1 events took place) is that the humans do not recognise any of the Transformers. The obvious reason for this is that they never came to Earth in the first place (they weren't exactly not well-known in the G1 cartoon), so the Great War in Animated probably took place somewhere else.

Either that or people have really short memories.

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    No the Prowl and Lockdown episode = second season.

18. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Ok but it dose say strange muscle car. So lckdown is in this episode right.I found another g1 homage. Primes trailer dissapearing.

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yes you're right, this is Lockdown's first episode.
    And I don't think it's a G1 homage at all, they probably just don't wanna bother with explain why the hell his trailer disappears in robot mode.

20. Grimlock_35116

Grimlock_35116 DinoBot Leader

I'm excited to see Lockdown and how his character is portrayed. Also, I don't think there will be anymore G1 clips, but I would like to see some old G1 characters done with the new animation style during Ratchet's flashbacks.