Thoughts about Thrill of the Hunt

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by fiire_dragon_88, Jan 15, 2008.

1. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I just wanted to know if anyone else is thinking about the next episode to air next Saterday, "Thrill of the Hunt", because when reading the description it said that Ratchet would remember his days during the Decepticon-Autobot war.

The real question I'm asking is, does anyone think that many G1 references and/or clips might be shown?

Also does anyone think that this may bridge a much wanted gap between G1 and
    Animated that I know a few fans might want to see?

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    im thinking those inserted g1 clips was a one time thing for the pilot only.

besides homages/tributes, TFA has so far made every effort so far to distance itself from previous TF cartoons.

3. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's the second step on a long path to the part of the overall story of what happened durring the time of the war untill the start of the seires. (the first part being the opening of the movie.)

4. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Bridge what gap they are different versions, I mean seriously they use some stock footage from G1 as a nice little nod to older fans and all of a sudden they are the same continuity.

Animated is its own continuity it is like the movie, Unicron trilogy, RID/Car Robots etc a reinvention of the transformers mythos it draws more from G1 mythology than the others but it is less directly connected to G1 than BW was, I dont understand why its so confusing to some people seriously please explain how exactly Animated is connected to G1 beyond being a an alternate universe/retelling just like nearly every other iteration since G1.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

No way they are going to link this to G1, and if they did they would be stretching it so far it would snap.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I think it will be more likely that we will see some ancillary autobot characters with Ratchet in his flashbacks, maybe Ironhide, maybe Arcee, maybe someone we don't know about yet.

I'd be surprised if they showed more G1 footage, I reckon that was a one-off nod to get the fan's attention at the start of the series.

7. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

I think we're possibly gonna see cameos and some situations that are obvious nods to G1, but nothing more. We already know this is a different continuity.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i posted this at regional forum in regards to doubts abt the possibility of linking back to previous conti's:

some argue that theres always a chance since thats how it happened with BW, but my bet for this series is against it. TFA reboot is much more drastic than in previous conti's.

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'm not thinking of those thoughts at all.

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It isn't and has been stated as such. Putting it in is just added baggage that wouldn't work.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm much more interested in Lockdown appearing in that ep than Ratchet.:p  But yeah, this seems to be Ratchet's "episode". I wouldn't be surprised if they did reference G1.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 references, yes.
    Clips? Probably not, I mean... Ratchet having flashbacks of his life in another cartoon style would be DAMNED weird.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think it's also where we see Arcee, as the still of him next to her had his pre-earth form, and the only way to see that is in a flashback.

14. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

I love the fact that Ratchet is some grizzled old vet that has flashbacks of the great war and may suffer from post tramatic stress disorders.

Does he wakes up in cold sweat and scream "get to da choppas!" or "Head for the paddies!"?

I could see Ironhide making an appearance as others have said. He was mentioned to show up eventually. I wonder what would his personality be like now?

Looking forward to Lockdown. He's gonna be baadazzz.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention his face looks... younger in that pic.

16. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

Seriously, this show has G1 characters but not the same story....if u can call it a story! This is the way G1 was meant to be told, with some actual story plots and no inconsistant story breaks!

...i probably didn't make any sense there, but it seemed legit in my head!:inquisiti 

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sense-making or not, I completly agree.:p 

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If you look colsely, his head is also undamaged, so the scene with Arcee is definetly one of his flashbacks. While it might have some G1 references (for example, also including Ironhide in his flashback) I'm pretty sure it won't contain any footage from G1 itself. What would be cool, imo, would be for a young Ultra Magnus to be a part of the flashback (seems a bit old himself).

19. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't care about G1 references in this episode, I just hope Lockdown lives up to the awesomeness of his toy.

20. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I find it almost curious how it was decided to switch to the "different universe" type of reboot story telling after Beast Wars/Machines. Not that I think that it was planned or anything, but if you think about it most things can sort of be connecting to G1. (disclaimer: no I'm not one of those guys who spend alot of time thinging about how to make everything fit into the continuity)

time line...

First universe(G1)- millions of years ago on cybertron, (before the autobots/decepticons of G1 left in search of energy) The Mini-con battles are over and MCs are sent off into space.

FU G1- Autobots/Decepticons leave Cybertron in search of energon, crash land on earth. Some time after, or before the Mini-con ship also crashes on earth. This leads to the normal G1 universe- which could go all the way up to the Japanese episode of Zone. All during this time the Mini-cons lay dormate on earth because they were never discovered.

FU G1/Second Universe Beast Wars- The normal events of G1 lead to the age of Maximals and Predicons. They use Transwarp to go back in time and change the normal flow of history. Different events that took place on earth could easily completely change to a new timeline (aka universe).

Third Universe Car Robots: (I really don't remember the acutal back story for the autobots so bear with me) Because of BW, the TFs are not reawakend in 1984, but much later. Also Prime is the one who is brought back first and not Skywarp. So Prime uses a more damaged Teletran-1 to repair as many autobots as he can, making the cast of Autobots of CR/RID. Predicons remaining from the BW era come to earth. The Decepticons created on earth is like the flow of time try to correct it's self... Ruination is the time correction of Bruiticus, Brave Maximus is the time correction of Fortress Maximus.

Forth Universe A/E/C- The TFs on the Ark are revived much earlier. Like before humans have populated the earth. They return to cybertron and continue thier war. That is until the Mini-cons are discovered on earth. This potential timeline has now been realised. They were there during G1, but went unnoticed. Other characters and events that are akin to G1, are either the actual G1 characters or time trying it's best to correct it's self. This is also why Optimus Prime dies so much in each Universe. Unicron shows up just like he did in the original universe/time line, but with different results. What led to the differences in Unicron? Who knows, maybe there were other Transwarp accidents that changed his flow of history... the probes that were sent out to search for the Maximals maybe? It would be neat if there was a time line that was barely effected, like G1 time line before the maximals landed on earth, but Unicron found a prob and learned of all TF G1 history... and discovering his fate.... being destroyed by the Matrix. So now he goes off hunting for Cybertron and the Matrix in hopes of removing the threat.

ANimated- I can't think of any way that the events of BW could have led to the creation of this universe though. Optimus Prime was leader of the Autobots millions of years ago acording to the G1 Universe. There would have had been some event that greatly effected the events on Cybertron to change it's time line to reflect the set up histroy of Cybertron in Animated. Though it would be neat to fallow the idea of time trying to correct it's self yet again in a different TL that reflects G1 in a greater way.

It's just kind of neat how BW built off G1 and opened the door to the idea of different universes, even though that wasn't there intent. THen we get all these reboot series which could be connected in creative ways.