Thoughts about the upcoming movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot HipHop, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

They were Lambos. They were both Lamborghini Countach'. Which if brought back I would love for Audi AG to get over their hang ups over not wanting to be involved in anysort of war toys. Because then we could actually get the twins in the sequel AS Lambos. I always dreamed of seeing them in a live action movie. Sunstreaker as a Lamborghini Murcielago, and Sideswipe as a Lamboghini Gallardo.

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, wont be the first time I'm wrong.

3. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

My best wishes for when the movie comes out is that it will be so cool that even the people who wanted a faithful recreation of the original TF series will be awe struck. Who knows if Bay & Co. will be able to pull this off but if they do I think we'd end up with one of the greatest sci fi action flicks ever! ( hey a fellow can dream cant he :) 

I wish I could speak on the F4 movie but unfortunately I never saw it. Maybe I'll bye the dvd before I see the 2nd one in the theatre.

and you're right about some girlfriends. My current gf thinks its cool that I still adore Transformers lol. But it's still feels more like obtaining a "get out of geekdom for free" card from her rather then saying "Transformers is not a geeky thing" outright hehe.

4. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I have been teaching at this school for 9 1/2 years and have never hid my fascination of Transformers. My experience with perception comes from the fact that through the 9 years I have seen and talked to hundreds of students. VERY FEW have a perception that Transformers is a mainstream or "cool" thing. MOST don't understand why us adults like Transformers ... they don't get the point. I am pretty sure of the public perception of them, because I have interacted with MANY people throughout my nine years of teaching adults.

5. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I hope your wishes come true man lol. As I have never really thuroughly enjoyed any scifi movies. I thought both ID4 and war of the Worlds sucked, but Transformers, to me, is such a much cooler story and take on aliens.

As for Transformers being a geeky thing, I'm only 22, and I've been with my current g/f for a couple of years now. From the first moment she found out I still thought transformers were so cool, she thought it was cute. I never tried to like hide it either, as I never have. I was actually pretty vocal about my passion for them as well as my excitement for the upcoming movie. I can honestly say, that while I see where you're coming from with the "get out of geekdom free card", I've honestly never experienced it...or maybe it's just that it was never brought to my attention or said in front of me. It could be both ways, but all my friends pick them up when they're in my office and try to figure them out, and I've caught ex g/f's playing with them when I'm not anywhere to be seen. Cara, the current love of my life even asks me to show her how to Transform them. She's gotten alternators Jazz down to a science.

6. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Teaching Adults? or young "adults", as in highschoolers?

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    d00d!

Don't let her read that she is the "current" love of your life!
    Take any temporal adjectives out of that phrase!

And, I often forget that my Alternator Jazz is actually called 'Meister'.
    I always refer to it as Jazz.

Finally, I don't think that because a hobby is viewed as "geeky" or "nerdy" that necessarily means its participants are homely introverted individuals who have irregular showering habits.

I am 100% Geek and I shower on every day that ends with a '3' and my mom said I am "quite handsome".
    Believe!

8. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

ahahahaha. oh, and she already knows man...she's official! lol...The ring, is ON lay-away...haha j/k!...yeah, totally not getting married yet..but she will be the lucky one.

Yeah, and I REFUSE to referr to my Alternator's Jazz as Meister...even if the Japs meant it to be that way...Long live Jazz for ever, DOWN with Meister! lol

9. Autobot HipHop

That's hilarious. The last thing we need is a board member breaking up because they were trying to explain their love of TFs lol

10. Autobot HipHop

Is that Meister dude really supposed to be the new Jazz? What, they can't call him Jazz anymore? Tell me it ain't so. Meister sounds like some cunniving young autobot that plays cruel jokes on his fellow cybertronians by hiding emergency energon stashes.

11. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Sometimes they come straight out of high school. But, it is a vocational college. Mostly young adults to adults.

12. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    One of my friends is a 17 years who know shit about it. After watching the teaser trailers he was all stoke and ready to go .

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    aye

i actually went into the middle school my mom works at as a guest speaker in their art class. i told them what i do, what ive worked on and what im working on. I also got to show them the TF trailers and TV spots

they were all pretty impressed

i heard lots of "man...i cant wait to see that" or "that looks friggen awesome" or "i've heard of that. i saw a commercial last night for it. looks pretty sweet " comments

14. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Yup. MOST people are excited for this movie. Its the fandom community where you get the haters. Good thing the fandom is not MOST of the people out there.

15. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was just reading the prequel novel and it mentions a part on page 56 at the bottom where it says that Bumblebee had a run in with Megatron at Tyger Pax (in the movie continuity) where he had his "vocalization module" ripped out by him and they still couldn't fix it. Sooo, i was wondering if anybody heard anything about Bumblebee not being able to talk in the movie. i know its a novel but i had to ask.

16. Autobot HipHop

Man that kinda sucked, I've been holding off to read the prequel untill closer to the movie, trying to stay away from too much spoilerific info :(  I'll get over it *sniff sniff :) 

17. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Ahahaha, Every time I read the box..I think of the "Meistro" ffrom Seinfeld.

18. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

It's been said since the beginning that Bumblebee would be mute...which I think is a load of bullshit. Bumblebee is supposed to be your best friend and joking around all the time.

19. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Looks like Bumblebee is going to have to be creative then if he wants friends.

20. Autobot HipHop

I just keep imagining a 15 ft tall robot having to play charades to explain himself :(