Thoughts about Sixshot (IDWverse)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Miggytron, May 16, 2010.

1. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Does anyone else scratch their head about why Sixshot is portrayed as a planet killer like he is in the IDWverse?

I guess what bugs me most about him is that he's described as the Decepticon's ultimate weapon. The last stage. But when I think of planet killers, I think of blunt instruments. Things that kill indiscriminately like nukes or those giant Independance Day laser beams or even a giant planet that eats other planets. Basically, things that mop up for you.

Sixshot strikes me more as a scalpel than a sledgehammer. I mean, the fact that he has six modes means that he's built to dominate one on one fights. If his opponent is ground based, he can take flight. If his opponent is fast on the ground, he can turn into a car to chase them down. If his opponent is stealthy, then maybe his beast mode has better tracking abilities.

Tactically speaking there should be no problem with Sixshot being on the ground with his fellow Decepticons during the early stages because I've never seen anything that depicted him as being a danger to those on his side. So basically, he's like the best assassin that they've got, as opposed to their weapon of mass destruction (which should've been Trypticon).

So yeah, I dunno. I think Simon Furman tends to get hard ons for certain characters and the result sometimes doesn't make much sense, at least not to me.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually liked that they used him that was. It made him seem important, and that if you saw him, you knew you were in deep shit. I don't think he's interesting enough to have as a regular character, and using him as the "ultimate weapon" at least makes sense of why he has 6 alt. modes. But that's just me.

3. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

and since the traditional outcome of any TF series is the autobots winning against all the odds, he's a useful trump card to have around.

4. Miggytron

I'm not saying he shouldn't be important. He should definitely be badass because no other TF has six modes. But his forte should be that he is versatile and can adapt to any situation making him the ultimate assassin/covert agent and not because he is arbitrarily made of stronger metal than other Cybertronians.

Basically what I'm saying is it doesn't compute for me because generally, the more all powerful you are, the less you should need to improvise and adapt because everyone is busy trying to adapt to you.

5. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I really don't think Furman portrays him as a planet killer, as much as a "one robot army". Meaning he can take alot of punishment as well as give it.
    Though I do see your point, as he's mushed by Metroplex, and manages to stay functioning....I mean, I know most bots if stepped on by a city...wouldn't get up afterwards......
    Maybe he's just made of "sterner stuff"?

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is Uncle Sixshot after all:D 

7. Miggytron

I need to go back and re-read but I could've sworn someone shot him and he went into a whole diatribe about how he's made of special metal.

And you're right. I suppose planet killer is the wrong description. But it did seem like the Autobots were reacting to him like he was Thunderwing or Unicron.

8. Sideways markII

Sideways markII Well-Known Member

Yeah he said something like super armor and a self regenerating energy core something-something. Point is he is nearly indestructible and doesn't run out of juice. I think the point made by Furman is he can take on a planet by himself. I also agree with the comment above that he is more a surgical tool than a nuke. Nukes destroy resources decepticons can use. Sixshot just destroys things that get in the way of claiming said resources. Btw Why isn't there a leader class Sixshot yet ?!

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Reminds me a bit of Rampage from beast wars, does IDW Sixshot.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poor old Quickswitch, never had quite the same longevity as his Decepticon counterpart, eh!?

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Or Sixknight.

Or Greatshot

:D