Thoughts about Relationships and Cheating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes, it is. This is why I have an appointment to do the Snoopy dance on my dad's second wife's grave after she dies.

Well, it's part of the reason.

2. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

Look at it this way, if the 3rd person knows the 2nd person is engaged/married then they are just as quilty in taking part in such act. And this is true even if they didn't start the relationship.

Cheating always leads to: :duel  ..........:rip 

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If you're the third person then who the fuck cares? Especially if you have nothing to lose. The cheating boyfriend/girlfriend's loyalty issues and relationship issues are NOT your problem, and bending them over doggy style shouldn't make you feel bad.

After all, a cheater is going to cheat, whether it's with you or with someone else.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

you know while I understand the point thaat if the 3d person in the equation knows about the sitaation and then he is there he has a bit of fault, the answer obviusly is yes.

of course however what kicky said its true, if someone is gonna cheat they gonna cheat anyway.

5. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

The 3rd person is just as guilty. This is also one of the many problems associated with people who sleep around as well.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Based on your hypothetical Doug/Jenny/Tim scenario:

If the 3rd person doesn't know that he's the "other man", then its a matter of simple ignorance. If he does know about being the other man, then it has to be said that he doesn't respect the relationship the girl is already in with the other guy. The way I see it, the other man is an accomplice. May not have commited the actual act in question (cheating) like the woman, but definitely went along with it and fueled the actions of said woman. On a separate note, if I was the third person, and aware of the woman cheating on her man, I'd hit and quit because she's capable of doing that to me also if we ever got into a relationship. Or, I wouldn't do anything period.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

That's just a cheap cop out to be honest.I mean I've heard men and women use that line.And it's just a cheap way to TRY and avoid accountability

Would you still have that same opinion if YOU were the person being cheated on?

Me I'd rather NOT go through the rest of my life knowing I ended a relationship.And in terms of it not being my problem.The cheating brings forth the possibility of some STD.Because if he/she cheating on his/her partner with you,he/she's probably used others too.And quiet possibly did it bare back a.k.a. w/o protection.So I would be worried

That she is Scourge_151, after all she didn't have to bend over or open her legs.And she AT LEAST knew this boss was married.Shows a lack of respect IMPO both on the part of the cheater and the person he/she is cheater with(provided he/she knows the cheater is already in a relationship

Like others have said the 3rd person IS just as guilty if he/she knows that the initiator has a bf/gf.It's like driving the getawat car in a robbery,if you go along with it you're guilty

8. FreshDebesh

How is that a cheap cop out? Kickback was merely pointing out that if someone has cheated before, more than likely he or she will cheat again, whether its with you or someone else. I completely agree with this.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I read it in congunction with the 1st half of his post.And to me personally it seems like a cop out.That SOME people tend to use.It's just the way I personally interpret that statement.

And I for the most part agree that a cheater will cheat.It just doesn't have to be with you.

I mean how would I be any different then the cheater if I KNOWINGLY slept with a married/commited woman?

I hope I cleared up my previous post.If not let me know what part confuses you and I'll TRY to clear it up :) 

10. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's also like inviting an alcoholic along for a night out on the town. After all, he's going to drink anyways, right? It's not your fault if he kills himself or someone else.

Edit: For clarity, I'm against that, BTW.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Tim is under no obligation to the relationship of the Doug and Jenny.

It is a good thing to do? No
    Should Tim make it a priority to hit on only married women? No.

But this stuff happens.

Jenny is the one who is to blame, unless Tim is a friend of both. In that case they are equally to blame and Tim gets the world’s biggest asshole award for cheating with his buds wife.

12. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Tim can do whatever he wants until Doug puts a bullet in his brain.

13. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

The first serious girlfriend I had was engaged when we met. I knew that. I knew she was interested but I didn't touch her until she broke it off.

I later found out she lied about breaking it off (she finally did it for real), but I in no way feel guilty for her deceits (though I understood, given her situation).

So I would say the third person is guilty if and only if they are aware of what's going on.

If they do know, however, I don't hold them EQUALLY guilty. The cheater is the one who made the promise and is the one betraying his/her sig. other. Unless person 3 has some relationship with this person (friend, relative, etc), I see it as poor behavior, but not a personal betrayal. So bad, but not quite AS bad.

14. FreshDebesh

If you're just out to get some ass, then I concur with Kickback. The girl's cheating problems aren't yours, considering she's not your girlfriend to begin with. The only time I'd feel obligated is if the guy is a friend and his girlfriend is trying to creep with me. Otherwise I say mess around with the girl if that's all your really after. Not like the relationship she's in is gonna last long anyways. Now if you're madly in love with the girl, I say go take a cold shower and make a trip to the nudie bar...and take another cold shower after that.

15. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

As long as the third person is not the initiator I don't think he or she is at fault. Though whoever the third is shouldn't get any ideas about actually having a true, loving relationship with the cheater. If they do, they will just get hurt when the cheater cheats on them.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I've had the opportunity to be in all three roles in that triangle. Cheating is wrong, and I did it anyway. And when I was cheated on, I was grateful to see her true colors before it got too serious.

Now, being married, it's just easier not to fool around. I have all I need right there next to me daily. I know she's clean, loyal and on the pill. And she knows exactly what I like.

Is the third person also at fault? Ask the couple's children, if there are any. The term homewrecker applies for a reason.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well really it depends, if the other persons partner offers it to you a plate, well to hell with it really, your single, you aren’t doing any thing wrong as far as I am concerned.

And before any one asks, yes I have been two out the 3 people in this set up, I have never cheated on my partner but I have had it happen to me and have “helped” some one else do it, I feel no bitterness towards the man my girl friend cheated on me with, he was single, who is he to turn down the offer of a free shag, if he’d had a GF at the time I would think very low of him but as it not, in fact we go out and drink together some times.

As for the flip side well I done that twice, not my proudest time of life but any way, one of the women was just using me, she as it doesn’t surprisingly turns out was a complete bitch, she’s had a couple of other affaires after me but is still with her other half from back then, he’s an ugly fat fuck but he has money, I chose to end it with her, mainly cos I knew her bf cheated on her to but with hookers and I was so worried about catching something. The other time, didn’t work out well either but I do still talk to that ones ex-bf as well, as he said, I saved him from a fate worse than having your nuts hacked off, she also thinks my helping to brake them up was a good thing but I think she is crazy so I still avoid.

Still take it from some one that’s been there, being the 3rd person in one of these things isn’t any good, if you love the person your stupid cos they cheated on him/her and they’ll cheat on you and if your just in it for the sex, there are simpler ways with out sneaking around or the risk of having your head kicked in. I would never do it again, in fact don’t even go out with any ones ex until at least 2 months after they have broken up, it’s just far to complicated.

I will say this for 3rd party’s though, I do think if its it not you it’ll be some one else, I don’t blame them, nor do I think they should feel guilty, a cheater is a cheater, a 3rd party is just some one in the wrong place at the wrong time.

18. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

If there looking for it with some one else that home is already wrecked, if that 3rd person had never existed it wouldn't change that.

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The "cheater is going to cheat" argument is bullshit. If everyone did the right thing and respected other people's relationships, the cheater would have trouble finding anyone to cheat with. It's like seeing your neighbor's door standing wide open with nobody home and saying "well somebody is going to go in and steal all their stuff, so it might as well be me."

20. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Cheatee needs to burn just as hard as the Cheater, especially if they had knowledge that the Cheater was in a situation.