Those Whudafxup commercials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos Muffin, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Are you sick of these commercials, or do you think they're helping?

They annoy me a bit, but then again I hope they make the kiddies think twice beforehand.
    Would suck if someone ran his ass over because he forgot driving safety is a larger issue with deaths than tobacco. He's going to make the wrong person late for work someday with those damn signs.

[​IMG]

2. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

what I don't get is since obesity is a larger health epidemic than smoking why they don't have adds about that. maybe whudafuxup, fatass?

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    *lights up* WhudafuxOFF.

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I tend to find them pretty annoying. And I'm not even a smoker. It's like, "yay scare tatics".

5. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Ya they annoy me, and alot of the time they are pretty stupid.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those annoy the shit out of me along with the old "Truth" ads.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, they're pretty annoying. Smoking = bad. Yeah, I get it. Move on.

Though, I gotta admit the image in the one "safe bullet" spot with the guy cocking the shotgun behind the counter is pretty funny.

8. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Can't say I've ever seen whatever you guys are talking about.

9. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

That stuff is grating.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I can't stand them!
    They are sofa king annoying.

And, seriously, if they were advertising -I don't know, maybe anything else would they be allowed to have "Whudafxup" as their slogan?

Why is it okay to drop the 'F'Bomb on regular media if you are doing it against smoking?

I think the worst though was when I was watching Power Rangers with my kid and they had that "Truth" advertisement where everyone dropped off a body bag at the door step of "big tobacco".

That's a nice image to see with your four year old while you are watching a kids' show.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

my dad let my 2 bros and me take a drag from his ciggie when we start grade school. naturally wed cough the shit out of it. that pretty much turn us off the idea of smoking. that and the fact hed beat the living tar out of us.

12. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a contrarian here but I thought the PSA's were clever and different. I mean, they produce FACTS in an IRONIC fashion. Take the whole "safe cigarette" and "safe bullet" ad. There is no such thing as a safe cigarette and there is no such thing as a safe bullet. They both kill, one just takes longer then the other. And the guy's arguments against "safer" cigarettes are backed by real findings, not just BS.

Now, I don't know how effective these PSA's are at stopping people from smoking. Or maybe they encourage smoking. Or maybe the just piss everyone off but... what other PSA's can you think of that would be better? "Please don't smoke." "Your brain on drugs?" "Tobacco is whacko." (that last one is a real ad they put in comics, and was majorly stupid).

Now what about the ad where the guy dresses up in an animal costume and hangs out with kids and adults. The kids run up to him and hug him. The adults avoid him. He demonstrates the whole ad strategy for Camel cigarettes was aimed at kids but in a funny way. The ads openly mock the cigarette companies. If you can't convince people not to smoke, at least show them how devious and fucked up the cigarette companies are. People have known the health risks of cigarettes for DECADES, maybe it was time to change the strategy.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That's the thing. If you want to see how bad they were put Inside Man in your DVD player. These 'cutting edge in your face' ads attack old, old topics.
    That one that parodied Joe Camel was like five years late? Maybe more.

Besides, I figure by the time my kid is old enough to smoke cigarettes will be like $103 per carton.

14. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I hate tobacco abuse. But I hate these commercials an awful lot, too. I haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I will: those ads are produced and paid for by the tobacco industry. I believe it's a requirement of the settlements from all lawsuits they got hit with. So while what the commercials say may be true, it always strikes me as hypocritical nonsense.

15. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    I don't have a problem with them

They are a hell of a lot better than that god damn "idk my bff jill" bullshit.

16. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I hate those commercials. The "safe bullet" one is the biggest BS of all of them. Who said that lights and ultra lights were any safer than other cigarettes. They're meant as a measure of the strength of the cigarette, not the safety of the cigarette itself.

Now, those Geico commercials with the little kid talking smack about Mike Wallace. "Look, when it comes to Mike Wallace, the story ends with me putting him in the wall." That one always makes me crack up.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time I see that Safe Bullet commercial, my first thought is always "what about rubber bullets"? Rubber bullets aren't harmless, as they do have the potential to seriously injure (or kill if fired incorrectly), but are safer than a real bullet and should conceivably be analogous to "less dangerous" cigarettes the ad was referencing. Now, granted, I do like the image of the guy cocking a shotgun at the end.

18. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Haven't seen one. They show it on regular TV?

19. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I love that commercial. He cracks me up too.

20. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I haven't seen these, but I'm guessing they're the same stupid skewed propaganda as the old Truth ads.

I know the Geico commercial you guys are talking about, but I don't get it. It might help if I knew who Mike Wallace was.