Those of You That Don't Like Devastator...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMS55, Aug 12, 2009.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Have you seen him in stores yet and has that changed your opinion? From the beginning I didn't like him because the individual vehicle modes did not transform into their robot modes. After seeing him last night at Wal Mart I am not sure. The audio was a little funny. When he says "I am Devastator", he almost sounds English, and then when he says "Devastator destroy Autobots" you'd think he was Grimlock or something. A little funny but he has me on the fence now. Anyone else change their mind, or undecided now?

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at first i was 100% NO..now i ve seen him and hes growing on me.........he still disapoints that the individ parts have no bot mode but if hes on clearance or given to me as a gift...i will gladly add him to my other tformer family

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw him at the store a few days back... when I was ten I'm sure I would have been blown away by him, like I was when I saw Fort Max on the shelf for the first time. I get why kids would want it.

I'm pretty over the non-combining thing at this point; it's the absence of paint applications on a figure of that size and cost that's the dealbreaker for me. Even a light wash to give it some texture and simulate dirt would have helped.

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Yes, I've seen him. No, my opinion remains unchanged.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Saw him. Still won't buy it.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no change

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This.

If I had any Radicon talent I might take a shot at customizing this guy, but that ain't gonna happen. I think the figure is growing on me a lot now, but it's the whole combine six solid colored Tonka toys that still gets me.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw him in store and pissed all over it so no one else would buy that piece of ****.

I'm kidding of course, but still don't like Devastator.

9. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Saw him, won't buy him at the current retail price ($100). But if he goes on deep clearance I would pick him up.

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

After seeing some of the pictures of Devastator in threads here, I was contemplating buying him. Not at full price, but I was willing to pay more than I ever would have thought. Then I saw him at my local Target and changed my mind. This is an easy pass for me now.

11. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Saw Devs last week, bought Devs today. ROTF Devs looks alot more menacing than the G-1 original and I like him for that. Plus he reminds me a little of the voltron i used to play with as a kid. I had to pick this guy up.

Now I'm picking up Tiny Legends figures for Devastator to munch on :) 

12. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh im definatly getting dev!
    legends dev that is!

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

This, so much.

I like seeing it in person, but I think that if I ever purchased him (at a ridiculously clearanced price or received as a gift) I would probably leave him in Devastator form. The vehicles don't do a whole lot for me.

14. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was on the fence at first, thinking I'd probably buy it.
    Now that I saw it, there's no way I'll pay $100 for it. Sure, it's big and imposing, but Unicron does it better at half the price.
    If it ever goes to (true) Supreme prices of $40-60, I may get it just because my daughter wants me to. Otherwise, I'll pass and not feel bad about missing the chance.

Until that far-off day, I have the Legends version on order at HLJ.

15. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I met a coworker's kid who said he was going to buy all the Constructicons and build Devastator. I tried to explain that it didn't work like that, and he didn't believe me.

That's when it occurred to me how...unethical...this treatment of Devastator is. How many other kids will buy the Constructicons only to realize that they don't combine, and now they have to beg Mom and Dad to spend another $100 in order to get Devs? Low, Hasbro...low.

Sorry, back on topic: I saw him, and he's hideous. If I could get him for $5, maybe, but only for my kids.

16. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I saw him today at a local comic store, and my opinion was changed, from "that really sucks" to "that could be kinda fun...maybe".

Maybe if he was super cheap I'd consider getting him as a display piece. His height and bulk really make him cool for such things. But beyond that......no.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    haven't seen him but he would have to be at least 50% off before id consider buying him any way

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Nope. In fact I barely remembered that I had in fact seen him in stores, until I read this thread.

Seriously, I don't begrudge people who like it, it's just not for me. I'll get the legend version.

19. interceo

interceo Well-Known Member

I'm really angry with hasbro for doing a "must get figure" so futile; don't get me wrong, i like the way devastator looks and the vehicles mode but the fact that they don't become robots really makes me angry cause this is a figure that i really want and hasbro give us a big plastic megazord... I still wait for a better figure or like some other says the prices really get low.

20. swampflight

swampflight Banned

From the depths of Hell....

"Wheelie say,sorry Bay,no cash today,Dev go away!"