those ebay rules make no sense,they favor the buyer & harm the seller.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

those ebay rules make no sense,they favor the buyer & harm the seller.

WITH all these crazy ebay rules/policies in place that favor the buyer & harm the seller. It's apparent that ebay views the sellers as the ultimate evil that tries to scam the buyer,can't be trusted. needs to be constantly be policed with rules that make no sense & always win in favor of the buyer. apparently ebay thinks ebay sellers can't be trusted with a ten foot pole. ebay most likely views the average ebay sellers as a guy who lives in his moms basement,a pedophile,has a record with the police,flunked out of school,has no job,has no girlfriend,no wife & tries to sell stuff to scam buyers at any chance he'll get/grab. WHILE EBAY VIEWS THE BUYERS AS A ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN WHO CAN DO NO WRONG & HAS A HEART OF PURE GOLD,A HEART MORE PURE THAN SNOW WHITE FROM THE WALT DISNEY MOVIES.

Why exactly does ebay favor the buyers & try to harm the sellers so much on their site. by putting crazy laws in place that give the buyer more power,makes the buyer the boss & puts the sellers in extortion situations. or the buyer will threaten to leave a negative feedback????????????????????

The ebay sellers are paying all the auction fees,paypal fees,credit card fees & so forth. so basically the ebay seller is paying all those fees to keep ebay running/alive & able to pay their bills & see a profit on their ebay end. all the buyer does is bid on a ebay auction & pays the seller for the item & pay shipping fees for the item. SHOULD'nt ebay grant more power to the seller & grant less power to the buyer. because the seller is paying all those extra fees to list a item & so forth basically paying to keep ebay alive/running/getting profits.

buyers on ebay are allowed to leave negative,positive or nuetral feedback.

sellers can't & are prevented from leaving negative feedback to the buyer. sellers are only allowed to leave positive feedback.

buyers have up to 4 days to send payment for a ebay auction they won. if payment isn't sent in 4 days a ebay seller can go to the ebay site & have ebay officially email them stating they have 4 days MORE/EXTRA/ADDITIONALLY to send a paypal payment.

So basically a buyer is allowed 8 days to send a paypal payment to the seller.

why the 8 day grace period. shouldn't it be like 3 days since a paypal payment takes seconds to be sent thru the internet?????

I just recently found out that ebay buyers are allowed to leave a negative feedback to the buyer without even sending a paypal payment to the seller.
    so basically while the seller is waiting 8 days for the payment to arrive,the buyer can leave a negative feedback at any time he wishes without sending a paypal payment.

Here's THE CRAZY PART. A ebay buyer is allowed to accumulate 4 ebay unpaid item strikes before ebay steps in & put his ebay account on suspension. my guess is the ebay buyer is allowed 3 to 4 suspensions before ebay bans him permantly & cancels out his account. once that happens the ebay buyers can chose to open up another ebay account in his wife's name,girlfriends name,parents name,kids name,friends name. the ebay buyer with the banned account can probably also use the same credit card number,address & ISP address with a differnt family/friends name on the account.

shouldn't there at the very least be a prevent button on the ebay system. that prevents/blocks a buyer from leaving a negative feedback until he has at the very least sent a paypal payment to the seller.

ebay buyers are allowed to click on the payment sent button. regardless is they went to paypal or not to send payment to the seller. shouldn't that button at the very least be on hold & the buyer prevented from clicking on that "payment sent link"
    until he has actually sent a paypal payment thru paypal to the buyer of the ebay auction he won. SO BASICALLY EBAY BUYERS CAN CLICK ON THE PAYMENT SENT LINK ON THE EBAY AUCTION PAGE THEY WON "AND NOT EVEN SEND A PAYPALPAL PAYMENT TO THE EBAY SELLER."

Trying to explain all these crazy rules to the ebay customer service phone number employess is like talking to a washing machine.

What really upsets me about ebay,is there is no attempt to fix the ebay rules that make no sense.

apparently from what I gather ebay favors the buyers & hates the seller.

by ebay granting so much power to the buyer & granting less power to the seller. this basically leaves ebay sellers wide open to buyers trying to extort extra stuff from them or they'll threaten to leave a negative feedback.

Please if you have anymore ebay seller rules that make no sense & harm the seller please post them in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    This is why I don't USE Ebay alot unless I've got something I really wanna unload fast. I don't feel like paying for their B.S. policies with all of their fees.

And that's the only way they will stop - when SELLERS refuse to sell there.

3. unkrazimatik

unkrazimatik Seeker, of the truth

Just a note:

Yea, it does seem out of balance that a purchaser may be able to leave feedback towards the seller before acknowledgement of payment has been established.

For the prespective of someone whom only buys on ebay, I may have a very hypocritical view, but I will explain why 'I' think the buyer should get more protection.

I bought a $30.00 (unused item) for $7.00 shipping included. It was listed for a starting bid of $.99, with $6.00 freight. Watched many sell for over $20.00. I was the only bidder, won it. They only took a Money Order. Mailed it to the listed address. After about 10 day, nothing, no return corespondence. Got the sellers address, it was in Wisconsin, but had to mail the MO to Florida. Found out the address was in a rental storage unit facility. Got a number to the units manager to contact the renter, eventually nothing... They had a 96% feedback, EBAY shut their store front down after seeing a 4% complaint rate all saying no item, to communication.

Next: Bought some TF parts from a guy, paid promptly, within 2 hours of winning the bid. I had to wait 17 days for that "bleep" to get around to mailing me my stuff. I know things in life happen, but if there is an issue, email me!!!!

I have a few other similar stories, POINT!!!!!!
    Once the seller has the money, they hold the keys to the kingdom. If a buyer doesn't send money,then you don't have to send the item. Maybe EBAY should refund the listing cost. A seller is always in control, b/c they have the item, we aren't in the days of COD anymore

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eBay's feedback system is complete jank. It's ludicrous that sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers; I have sold stuff to some truly reprehensible people before. Once upon a time, sellers were allowed to leave negative feedback; this revision that excised it as an option is fairly recent, within the past two or three years. I guess eBay's perspective is: if the buyer paid you, what do you have to complain about?

Years ago, I sold a pile of Star Wars figures to an "individual" in Spain. This "person," after whining that the shipping charges were unreasonable, asked me to cram the toys into a box with no packing material whatsoever, and then pitched a fit when the toys arrived damaged. (He also complained that the box got held up in customs and claimed it was my fault delivery was taking so long.) To make matters worse, he started bidding on ALL my auctions, and upon winning them, would immediately leave negative feedback. He'd even call me vulgarities in the feedback.

I got him banned and the feedback removed, and he created several other ID's to continue his shenanigans. Finally I just stopped selling stuff until he went away. I refused to ship to Spain for a long time after that incident.

And not too long ago, some doofus left me neutral feedback, claiming that I'd taken too long to ship his item to him. A: the item was a 40lb. computer. 2: he requested Parcel Post shipping, the bargain basement of shipping options. 3: he received his package in seven days. What was my recourse? I was allowed to "reply" to his neutral feedback. But as for leaving feedback for him, "positive" or "none at all" were my only options.

There's a lotta buyers out there with Swiss cheese for brains. Seller beware!

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope you've learned to say no to stupid shipping requests like parcel post and no packaging. My job as seller is to get their merchandise to them safely. Their job as buyer is to pay for that service. If they won't pay, they can walk. They're trouble.

6. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I buy & sell on ebay. I try to only deal with ebay members with 100% positive feedback.

Ebay sellers are only allowed to say in their auction listings that they accept money orders as the only form of payment. that seller was going against ebay's payment policies.

there is a reason paypal is ebay's preferred payment method. the number one reason is it's extremly traceable in every single area.

Yeah,I get frustrated too when I send a seller on ebay payment within seconds of me winning the ebay auction. only for the seller to take a full week to go to the post office. then to ship out my item using the slowest parcel post method.

I noticed the last time I sold something on ebay. which was a few weeks ago. ebay asks the seller a question related to "handling time."
    they ask one day or 2 day or 3 day & so forth. this basically means. after the seller has received a paypal payment from the buyer. ebay basically now ask the seller how long will it take him to go to the post office & ship out the buyers package. will he ship out the package in 24 hours? 2 days? 3 days & so forth.

7. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

With the way Ebay is now, I'm ready to jump ship from ebay.

Just am tired of ebay's Favor the buyer, not the seller thing that's going on now....

All the buying I've done as of late I haven't had any problems except one that had problems on their end which is understandable.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

that is the number one reason I only sell to ebay members living in america.
    I even went as far as to go to my control panel on ebay & BLOCK/Prevent international bidders from bidding on my ebay auctions.

It's just a few extra hassels to go to the post office & fill out all that extra paper work. like those hazmat forms,declaration forms,gift forms,tax forms & so forth. also there's no true way to guess/estimate the shipping fees from where I live to where other ebay members live in non-american countries.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I only ship out items using 3 day priority mail shipping thru the post office.
    I even go as far as to get a tracking number from the usps.com web site. which is free when you print out a shipping label on-line.

the main reason I ship packages fast & get a tracking number. is for 2 reasons: (1) the package has less chance of getting damaged because it's only in transit for 2 maybe 3 days. (2) as a seller,getting a tracking number,PROTECTS me as a seller. from the buyer claiming he didn't receive his package & then demanding me & paypal issue him a full 100% refund for the item & shipping fees.

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I usually only offer Priority Mail for domestic buyers and Express Mail International for overseas folks. And I ALWAYS pack my items well, peanuts and bubble wrap are de rigueur.

I'll admit, I list almost all my auctions with worldwide shipping offered. I rarely get burned anymore (that Spain incident happened when I was just starting out, so maybe the pendejo thought I was easy prey), and some'a them furriners have deep pockets, after all. And the USPS website is usually pretty accurate with their shipping quotes, as long as you know how much your item weighs. I bought a cheap 6-lb. postal scale and it's good for about 85% of everything I sell. And if it's heavier than that, well, I'm lucky enough to live near an honest-to-goodness old-time small-town post office where there's almost never any customers and the clerks are friendly and helpful. Naturally, who you sell to is up to you, but shut out the rest of the world and you're shutting out roughly 5.5 billion potential buyers. I'd rather restrict people with zero or low feedback than restrict an honest buyer who has the misfortune to live somewhere other than the US of A.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Used to be buyer be wear. Now it's seller be wear.

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Switch to another website to sell. There are some with lower fees but with a lot less visitors.

13. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I've yet to have a problem with Ebay. Been with them since '02.
    You can set these rules in your Acct.Preferences.

My rules have always been.....
    Block Buyer's that do not meet these requirements.....

Don't have a PayPal account

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)

Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
    Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
    Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me (keeps me from the whiners)

You can also set to exclude---

Buyers who have a negative feedback score of so many negatives.
    Buyers who have bid on your items in the past and did not pay.

Most of you should know this. Hopefully!

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Huh, I've had quite a few problems with eBay, but only ever as a buyer. All my selling transactions have gone fairly smoothly.

15. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

The problem with Ebay is it is a buyers market. Ebay discourages too high shipping AND HANDLING costs because they do not get a cut of it. Thank God I bought a Postal Scale and print out my labels with no shipping cost on them. I got so tired of penny pinching buyers whining if I charged a few bucks over the shipping price on the label to cover my costs like in some magical Fantasyland I get my boxes and packing materials for free and it's no big deal that Ebay and Paypal take their 13%+ cut.

I don't get many bad buyers these days but the occasional one that will threaten negative feedback if i don't meet their demands happens. I just let em leave their feedback and block them. I could care less if Ebay doesn't list me as gettting 5 stars average in all categories. It's not worth letting someone try to screw you over.

Personally I think the buyer should be paying some of the Ebay fees but that will never happen.

16. Specimen-17

Specimen-17 Well-Known Member

I've been buying on eBay for nearly 10 years and selling almost as long. Currently I'm a top-rated business seller with $1500-$2000 of sales a week, and I find the system they have in place now is the best it's ever been.

Providing you take clear photos, write clear descriptions, communicate well, don't overcharge on P&P, pack well and send everything with full insurance you're very rarely going to have a problem. At most I have a problem with 2% of buyers, usually something minor like not paying or the item doesn't arrive and it rarely escalates into a big issue.

Sellers, on the other hand, I have problems with pretty much every day. Be it the item isn't as described, they send the wrong item, grossly overcharge on 'handling' (I had one guy tack on $35 for a padded envelope and some bubblewrap this week), atrocious packaging.. and even then you're lucky to get a civil response from any complaint.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    That's all well and good when you sell items everyday but for sellers like me who do a couple items a week the fees get out of control.

I charge exact shipping and international bidders still complain that i don't offer first class international and get bitched at for charging insurance.

I have all but stopped selling completely due to being restricted on everything i do and have to kiss every buyers ass.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If a person complains too much i'll just block them from bidding on my future auctions. Some people want to complain about the weirdest crap. They should know its going to be a high price when buying from outside their own country.

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ebay sellers to ebay: hey your rules suck...they favor buyers too much.

ebay : LOL...we are the dominant place on the internetz to sell...We do the fuck what we want...don't sell here if you don't like it.

/thread

^ that is basically the today state of affairs in ebayville.

20. MrBurns

MrBurns Well-Known Member

I have had a couple of problems buying transformers from Ebay. I specifically asked a seller if there was any problems with a windshield on bluestreak. He replies, nothing is cracked or broken. I receive the item in the mail and there is a crack on the windshield. Now I can send it back and lose $5 and he can just re-list it again. I get nothing out of the deal. Luckily, I ended up getting a partial refund.