Those (Critics) who claim this is the worst movie ever, have you forgotten this one?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I mean really, worst movie ever? I mean sure the plot was a bit iffy and sure it's not the best, but it's very far from worst movie eve. It's ok and watchable in my opinion. Hell, I'm pretty sure all those who disliked Revenge of The Fallen would choose to watch it over this garbage here:

[​IMG]

I think critics must have some sort of memory loss problem. I would rather watch ROTF once a day till I die then watch "Disaster Movie" once. And not just this movie, there are hundreds upon hundreds of worser movies that I'm 95% (Don't ask about the other 5% lol) you would watch ROTF over. Heres a good list:

Disaster Movie
    Epic Movie
    Date Movie
    Norbit
    Freddie Got Fingered (I actually found a few scenes funny)
    From Justin to Kelly
    Kazaam
    Steel
    Manos: Hands of Fate (I'm surprised this didn't work on Crow, Servo and Nelson, for you MST3K fans out there like myself lol)
    Plan 9 from outerspace (considered WORST MOVIE EVER!)
    Ugh, should I even mention Batman and Robin?

EDIT: Forgot the Twilight movie and it's future sequels plus all the High School Musical stuff that disney squirts out of it's sphincter.

Actually, watch some Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes, those are some shitty movies they riffed. MST3K is the only possible way to enjoy them.

And the worst movies made are by The Asylum, some generic film company that make rip offs of current blockbusters and they even release their shit on the same week. The Asylum is basically a modern day B-Movie making company and I hate them with a passion. I even emailed the cheap bastard (David Michael Latt) and told him the only way you gain popularity is because people make fun of the crap (They can't even be considered movies, they're not even "Straight-to-DVD" good) you make. He responded "I don't make the movies I just own the company". Then why does it say it white bold print "PRODUCED/WRITTEN/DIRECTED BY DAVID MICHAEL LATT" on almost every movie you make? I saw this video a while ago. I also believe an interview with this douche-nozzle would go exactly like this: YouTube - Interview with David Michael Latt of The Asylum Films

2. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    What about Barb Wire, Master of Disguise, Shark Tale, Good Burger, Super Mario Bros. and Street Fighter? I rather watch ROTF any day than those.

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i can't believe you left gigli off that list. and yeah, the asylum is pretty bad. i've never watched anything but their trailers, and i can tell. transmorphers; fall of man? oh boy...

4. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

im gonna add Meet The Spartans to that list. god that was so terrible i wanted to gouge my eyeballs out with a gerbil.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While you have mentioned some truly horrible films that are far far worse than Revenge of the Fallen you left out the real worst movie ever.

Battlefield Earth. A film that fails on every last level a film can fail at and would have been an embarrassment for a film student to turn in such a steaming pile. People think the story in Revenge of the Fallen is bad I'd dare anyone to make an ounce of anything good out of the screwed up Battlefield Earth story.

And just to save you the time of looking it up the Tomatometer for Battlefield Earth is 3% so even Rotten Tomatoes agrees that it's a worse film.

Even Plan 9 From Outer Space is Oscar worthy compared to Battlefield Earth. At least there is some crazy messed up charm to the work of Ed Wood unlike Battlefield Earth that can't even manage the wacky charm of a bad film. It's just horrible horrible to the point that you couldn't make a worse movie if you tried.

6. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't think any critic has labeled ROTF as "the worst movie ever."

I will however label this thread "the worst thread ever."

7. Tyrannosaur

Read the reviews, these so-called critics like Ebert claim it is. And tell me, how is this "The worst thread ever"? Give me a break. You don't even provide a reason why it is.

How could I forget Meet The Spartans and all that other shit? Especially Battlefield Earth? Damn.

8. Tyrannosaur

Oh crap "Barb Wire" lol funny you mentioned that Dran0n, The Nostalgia Critic did a review on that crap: Barb Wire

9. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Do you have a link to any quote where a critic literally states that ROTF is "the worst movie ever"?

10. Tyrannosaur

I can't remember specifically, read some of RottenTomatoes' reviews. Ebert claims it "RUINED ACTION MOVIES FOREVER". TheAmazingAtheist on youtube (Who, despite his idiotic reasons why he hated it, I respect him for he is a fellow Atheist like me and he makes a point on many of the topics he discusses) claims it's the worst movie ever, though he's not really a critic.

11. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

12. Tyrannosaur

Hey another TGWTG fan awesome! And this video is done by a Transformer fan lol.

13. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

if this thread turns into be the biggest movie ever to rape viewers i vote the blair witch project.

14. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I wholeheartedly agree. How can you have a worse movie thread without "Dragon Wars"?

15. Tyrannosaur

I liked The Blair Witch Project. Many movies shot in that style like Cloverfield (Except Quarentine, the original was much better) I like.

16. Tyrannosaur

Really, thats the only reason? It's not like I fucking memorize these shitty flicks, theres shitloads of bad movies out there don't pick on me because I forgot a few. Why so serious?

17. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No he didn't. (His review and his journal)

So what we have established is that one person on youtube has used hyperbole. Interesting.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Oh man, why you all gotta be hating on Plan 9? :( 

19. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

>_< Heh. I had forgotten about Disaster Movie. Thankfully it was a Redbox rental with a promo code, so it didn't cost me a cent, but wow...it was a bad, bad, bad movie.

The only time I laughed during that...experience...was when the credits rolled and I knew the movie was over.

Ugh. What happened to classy spoofs that actually made us laugh?

20. Tyrannosaur

He gave it 1 star, that says enough lol. I actually got that information over at TFwiki (Look at the Reception part:Revenge of the Fallen (film) - Transformers Wiki)

I just read that blog you posted that Ebert did "The fall of the Revengers". What an over-exaggerated asshole, he never grew up on the cartoon he can't fucking compare shit, especially Starscream. Fuck you Ebert.

Especially with the "Small heads" argument. Their heads are as much proportionate with their body as they are with us. He probably complaining just because his head is smaller (Either to fit that tiny brain or he's got half his jaw removed). Seriously, what the hell is this guy even talking about? He just rambles on comparing apples an oranges. Suddenly I don't feel like the idiot who thought this movie was good, I'm thinking it's you Ebert with your pricky stuck-up attitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.